“NOT AT ALL AS ADVERTISED”
Review of Virsa - CLOSED

Virsa
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: This restaurant is right next to Jalian Wala Bagh, sharing its wall with the historic place.
Punjab
“NOT AT ALL AS ADVERTISED”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

staff is not that welcoming, preparing different types of cuisines. preparation is so so. north Indian food preparation is good. need to renovate the place, staff needs to be courteous...

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Loveraj7257
Rohitkalia, Owner at Virsa, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
First of all I would like to apologise for the problems faced by you during your visit. Thakn you fror bringing these problems to my attention, I will definitely work towards rectifying the issues you mentioned.

I hope your experience will be better the next time you visit us.
Regards.

mumbai
“Must visit in Amritsar”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

During our week long stay in Northern India, we thought that we had enough of typical punjabi food i.e. Kulche 'n' Parathen etc. So we resolved to have some different food like South Indian food. In Amritsar, there are not many eateries offering south Indian delicacies. But we were lucky to find Restaurant Virsa where we ful-filled the urge of our tongues to have south indian food i.e. dosas and Idly. The location is right near to the entrance to Jallianwala bagh. Ambience is fine. Restaurant is well furnished. Food will certainly not disappoint any body.

• Visited March 2013
New Delhi, India
“excellent food!!!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

i went with my family to virsa which is near golden temple and food was amazing.The service was excellent.It was one of the best experience. The food was very good.

• Visited December 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Service is exceptional”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Absolutely loved this place. It's great for foreigners and families looking for a nice meal and clean sit down and eat in place after traipsing through the stores on Main street. It is a vegetarian restaurant and one I will go back to.

Our friends cousin recommended we lunch here after having just visited the Temple and I cannot fault it.

My 12 year old ordered the Dorsa -masala butter without the spices, I ordered the Aloo Gobi and our host the Daal Makhni teamed with the. Butter naan and the complimentary sides made the dining experience truly home away from home.

The strawberry ice cream soda will keep the little ones happy and the sweet lime will quench the thirst.

Our waiter was fabulous and although I didn't pay I was reassured that it is not expensive.

One thing that amused them was my request to take away what we did not finish, when I was told that if I really wanted to they will put it in plastic bags, well, hearing that put an end to that idea quick smart.:))

(I should add that this being our second day in India I was wary of the ice cream soda that my 12 year old ordered especially with a 3 hour car trip ahead of us but rest assured she was fine)