“A stop after visiting Golden Temple”
Review of Bharawan Da Dhaba

Bharawan Da Dhaba
Ranked #6 of 375 Restaurants in Amritsar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2012

A pure veg restaurant located just outside the Golden Temple. A good place to stop for a bite after visiting the Golden Temple and Jallianwala Bagh.

The place is very popular so be prepared to wait for a seat. But the place is big and service fast so the wait is not long. The food is simple and prepared from ghee. A definite visit and the price is reasonable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,107)

Reviewed November 16, 2012

it used to be our (not only mine but the whole family"s)fav. restaurant...but since the last few visits...the quality of food is not what it used to be...the service is pathetic and when you report to the in-charge...their behavior is like that ITS YOUR FAULT MR....YOU HAVE COME TO WRONG PLACE...we will not go there again...

1  Thank Dheeraj M
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Let me start by saying I'm not Indian, so you get my non-expert, foreign opinion. After reading the reviews, I was quite looking forward to trying out Bharawan da Dhaba. I enjoyed the atmosphere - it is cafeteria-like with lots of Indian families eating and clearly enjoying themselves. The menu had a large and affordable selection. I ordered Chana masala and paranthas. While they were certainly tasty, I didn't think they were *that* amazing. Everything was drenched in ghee, which made it yummy, though I can only imagine the effect it had on my waistline :-). If you are a foreigner visiting Amritsar and are based in the Old City, I'd recommend the restaurant for the experience more than for its food.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Guided by some excellant recommendations from my friends and family, we visited this place with lots of expectations and to say truly - we were only mesmerised with what we had.. The quality and preparations were top of the mark and taste was out of this world. A must recommend to all while in Amritsar.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

the food here is very authentic and its a must place to have ur food when ur in Amritsar..try makke ki roti and sarson da saag...they use desi ghee in ample.lassi is a must try....