“stay at amritsar”

Ranked #7 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Rohtak
“stay at amritsar”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

very nice experience, cooperative staff,always ready to help, good food preparation,located at right spot whereby you can easily reach wagah border & golden temple.The room was very well maintained.will like to stay at same place in future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

GoldenTulip1, Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this review, November 28, 2013

Namaskar!!

Thank you for taking time off for posting comment on Trip Advisor.

It is our utmost focus at The Golden Tulip to provide our guests with personalised services and facilities which meets high standards of hospitality.

We are delighted to note that food, location and service exceeded your expectations.

We thank you once again for your recommendation and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the city of Amritsar and to The Golden Tulip.

+919876662581.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was a guest at the Golden Tulip Hotel during a two day Business Trip in Amritsar
The hotel is located on the main GT road which is a very centralized location. close to the Golden temple , border and station. Rooms were very comfortable, very much equipped and include all the facilities.The health club is well equipped, with Towels and Bottles of water available all the time.
The best feeling after a long day at work was to come back to the hotel in the evening,and be welcomed so nicely by the reception staff and then the turn down service is the room which cookies and chocolates . They also have complimentary cut fruits platter. The wi-fi was complimentary as well and the speed was very good.
The breakfast was lavish and very good quality. The dinner with live ghazals at the Moti Mahal restaurant was mind blowing. On my next Business trip to Amritsar I'll for sure come back there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GoldenTulip1, Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this review, November 26, 2013

Namaskar!!

Thank you very much for posting about your experience at The Golden Tulip, Amritsar on Trip Advisor.

My team and I deem it a privilege to have served you.

We are happy to note that our products, location & our service exceeded your expectations. The entire team is happy to read such a delightful review from you, which I am certain will act as a source of great motivation for all of us to strive even further for excellence.

I thank you once again for your time and look forward to having more opportunities to be of service to you.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Spent three nights here with spouse. Checked into room #405, king. Welcome drink upon arrival. There's free (slow) wifi, but you need to obtain a new code for it every 24 hours and you have to log in each time you use it (can't store the code and remain logged in). Hair dryer available upon request. No wash cloths, but amenities in bath. Square toilet! The safe in the closet wasn't working (or even bolted down) and was switched out for another working (but also unsecured) safe. Kettle for tea/coffee, satellite TV, desk and sofa in room.

Breakfast in restaurant on 1st floor. Doors to restaurant kept closed for cooling, but it wasn't evident that was breakfast location our first morning. Good breakfast with made to order items. Comment book pushed on us each morning (couldn't leave until we'd written something).

There is a small rooftop pool, but it was in no condition for use when we were there (see picture).

Hotel is a short 15 mins and approximately 70 rupees auto rickshaw ride to Golden Temple, if you're a good bargainer. Not many restaurant options for lunch/dinner available in the area.

Hotel staff are excellent and very kind and helpful. We're very surprised when we received a small box of chocolates up our departure.

When we return to Amritsar we would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saranger
GoldenTulip1, Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Greetings from Golden Tulip, Amritsar!! Thank you for sharing your reviews and recognizing the efforts being made to make the guests stay comfortable.
we have noted your suggestions regarding the wi fi code and the safe.We want you to know that your valued comments are being seriously looked into and immediate corrective actions will be taken. I am sorry you could not use the swimming pool as it was under revovation at that time.We look forward to welcoming you in near future.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us.
Rajan Sharma
Pune
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I'd booked this hotel well in advance and was really looking forward to my trip.
I'd taken the Kohinoor suite and the stay was most enjoyable. Check in was quick and efficeint. I arrived late at night and just wanted to checkin and crash.
The only thing I think was a little bit off was that my room had blinds but I was unable to draw them up. I like a bit of natural light during the day and its always good to be able to look out of the window...even though there was not much of view.
The breakfast was average and I'd just recommend to the restaurant manager to not bother with the cakes and sweet breads etc. They were dry and not enjoyable. Everything else was the usual indian breakfast ...no great shakes.
I'd spent quite a bit of time out at the temple so when I got back I decided to go to Moti Mahal for a meal. It did not dissappopnt....the food was delicious. Service was fine as I was the only one at the restaurant. What did bother me was a skipping CD of Jagjit Singh ghazals. The track kept changing from one to the other for no reason. None of the restaurant staff seemed to notice it or do anything about it.
There is piped music that plays in the lobby/common areas. Kenny G I think....got a bit irritating after a while because it was quite loud...not something that you hear a hint of in the background. Maybe I'm just being too picky.
I was most impressed with the flexibility that was shown to me when I requested for a late checkout. The girls at the reception were brilliant.
One thing that this property can be very proud of is their staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Namaskar!! Thank you for choosing Golden Tulip during your visit to Amritsar and also for taking time to update your experience on Trip Advisor. We have noted your comment about the blinds, breakfast and music.
We thank you once again for your generous comments and suggestions . we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

+919876662581
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 13, 2013

The service of the hotel is Superb. Good Food and Special thanks to Mr.Deepak Joshi, Manager. Well run hotel with professional staff and it shows everywhere. Thanks for your Hospitality. Will definitely come again and refer to all my friends and relatives.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GoldenTulip1, Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Mr. Kavi,

Thank you for choosing The Golden Tulip during your last visit to Amritsar.

We are grateful for your time taken to review us on Trip Advisor.

I have conveyed your compliments to the entire team, who were happy to read such a delightful review from you. The team and I deem it a privilege to have served you.

We thank you once again for your generous comments and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I selected Golden Tulip based on the reviews at Trip Advisor and I must say that it lived up to my expectation. Everyone at Golden Tulip ensured that the stay was comfortable. I stayed there for 2 nights and would like to go and stay there everytime I visit Amritsar. The location, check in, food, service - evrything is just perfect. The hotel provides complimentary pick and drop to the the railway station and since I was suppose to travel by the early morning Shatabdi, they made the special effort of giving a packed breakfast. Gaurav, Taljinder, Neha all of them deserve a pat on their back. Keep it up!

Room Tip: The suites are a good option as they provide a view of the main road.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Namaskar!!

Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community.

Your recognition of our location, check-in, food & services as being 'perfect' is indeed an honour for us. Our greatest strength is our team and your compliments for them is heartening which will encourage us further to deliver our best.

We are delighted to note that the team efforts exceeded your expectations.

The team is happy to know that you would return to The Golden Tulip and we await your return to the hotel.