“My kind of place - Transform your mood”

Golden Tulip Amritsar
Ranked #6 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed October 9, 2012

A perfect place to relax and pamper yourself. A very beautiful chandelier in their lobby. I was impressed by the first look. Big and clean rooms. Enjoy your evening in their lovely bar and listen to Live gazals in the Restrauant is totally a different experience.

The staff is very nice and helping. The hotel has got a gym as well with a coach too.
The guy was nice and gave us good tips.

To be honest I didn't find anything missing in the hotel. Most people go to Amritsar in winters and therefore an expectation for a swimming pool is out of scope.

Absolute value for every penny spent their.

Room Tip: I found all the rooms very nice. Traveller can opt for their deluxe rooms
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank mgulati_19nov
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Valued Guest ,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar !!!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments and for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice.

We are glad to read that you had an overall enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for everyday.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon in Golden Tulip Amritsar and in the meantime, if I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Golen Tulip guys know how to put customer first and I am thankful to all trip adivisor's reviewrs!! This property is just as perfect as you can imagine it to be. And staff is always happy to help, cheerful and ever ready to go beyond the call of duty to meet guests requirements!! Please be their guest and enjoy the hospitality whenever you visit Amritsar. Cheers!!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Hardps

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar !!

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor. Indeed, strategically located near the Railway Station ,Golden Tulip , a tree-ringed escape, is tucked amid the city’s vibrant trade and business centre making it an ideal place for conducting business and Leisure Trips.

Your recognition of our product, Food & Beverage and other services are appreciated by all of us. It is our constant endeavour to offer our discerning travellers indigenous, luxury experiences through our commitment to quality service .

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again to Golden Tulip Amritsar.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Good value for money, best place to stay in Amritsar,
hotel of international quality and secured,in an excellent location with a very good ambience.. excellent services,the food is very good and tasty, modern rooms and a very friendly staff!! An overall pleasant stay!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rishi0603

Dear guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar!!!

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking out time to share your review and views on TripAdvisor.

It gives us immense pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are really glad to receive your warm words of appreciation for our rooms and other areas of service delivery.

Your feedback has been shared internally and our associates feel delighted and motivated.

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Golden Tulip in the Holy city of Amritsar.

Warm regards.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently visited Amritsar with my husband and my 1 year old son. Before making the booking, I contacted the hotel management about the food for my son. I was assured that the hotel will provide the boiled and mashed food for my son. I paid 25% of the total tariff and booked it well in advance. I stayed there from 29th Sept - 1st Oct, 2012. I carried sufficient food for my son for the first day. On the second day, during breakfast, I found that the bananas were semi-pakka, even the skin was not coming out. I asked for a soft one. I was told "whatever (3-4) is there, u hv to pick form there". Then I ordered for a non-spicy aloo parantha. I waited till 45 mins, but it was never delivered. During lunch, I called the room service and asked to make a simple boiled khichdi with daal, rice and aloo and then mash it. I was told very rudely that the hotel does not provide food for infants. Then when I called the manager and complained, then the room service called me and told that they are providing it. After 30 mins, a bowl of khichdi, made for adults and NOT MASHED, was delivered. I again called rm service and sent back to mash it using a blender. After 15 mins, the same food was delivered to me with blending it.
However, for adults, the service was fine, though not at 4* level. I would never stay in any golden tulip group hotel after this experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ArpitaChakraborty
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar !!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We do apologies for the uncomfortable situations that came through during your stay . We have noted your observations and are addressing the same and apologize for the inconvenience caused. Please consider this as an exception to our normal high standards.We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of Golden Tulip Amritsar.

Warm regards,

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Me and my husband planned a weekend getaway to Amritsar and we landed up at Golden Tulip. We were amazed at the service levels, courtesy, deep caring attitude of all employees of the hotel
The room was very clean, modern and well maintained. Room and laundry service was prompt .
The food was very nice and there was a good range of choices available.. The service given to us by staff during breakfast and dinner was just amazing. Overall was a good experience and would recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NSArya
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Namaskar !!

Thank you so much for your kind note, appreciating our staff for doing an excellent job during your stay.

I am pleased to note that our services and facilities came up to your expectations. It is our sincere and constant endeavor to offer the highest standard of hospitality in keeping with Golden Tulip Hotel Standards . Comments such as yours add to motivation and encouragement for the employees to move on with a renewed strength.

Thank you once again for choosing and considering Golden Tulip, Amritsar as one of the best.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I write to thank you and, if I may, through you, to thank all the staff and personnel at Golden Tulip,Amritsar for your superb hospitality and service during my stay. This was my first visit to Amritsar, and so I'd like to say a special thank you to for being such an outstanding ambassador for your City and Country.

I travel for work a lot and this in one of the best experiences I have had in a very long time. The staff really go above and beyond what I have come to expect.Name of the staff particularly remember this gentleman Kunal Moudgil was outstanding.

I hope to return to Amritsar, but, alas, probably not until next year. Next time I shall certainly add a few extra days for leisure at the Hotel and bring my wife who sadly was not able to join me this time round.I shall of course book in again, if I may. It's the only place in town.

Please tell everyone you have a number-one fan over here in New Orleans, USA. I've been telling everyone about the Hotel in New Orleans!

That very special atmosphere you all promote so gently, and so naturally, was much appreciated and makes all the difference.

Thank you. Thank everyone.

Chef Kumar

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lalit S
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Mr. Kumar

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar !!!!

We thank you for choosing Golden Tulip in the Holy City of Amritsar for your stay. We are grateful to you for having spared a few moments to share your experience and appreciation of our product and services.

Your feedback has been shared with our entire team, and they are delighted to know that they have lived up and exceeded your expectations in making your stay here, a memorable experience. They thank you for this generous feedback.

Your genuine and valuable evaluation of our performance inspires us to continue achieving even higher standards of service excellence.

I sincerely hope that our distinctive service will persuade you to stay at many beautiful properties of Golden Tulip Hotels across India & world in the near future. We look forward to welcoming you back at Golden Tulip, Amritsar sometime soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

It was a weekend visit to Amritsar with my family. and based on the reviews on tripadvisor, i decided to put up at the Golden Tulip. undoubtedly, it was the right decision to make. the staff was courteous and welcoming. i always got a prompt response when i rang the house-keeping staff. We stayed in a Deluxe Double-bed room. the room was spacious and adequately furnished. the washroom was clean and not crampy. The centralized a/c did not have any temperature issues, as per the regulator inside the room. The wi-fi was uninterrupted and high-speed. Gym is very well stocked. All in all, it was a good stay and would recommend it to anyone for a long or a short family/business trip.

Room Tip: i did not find the food at their restaurant 'Moti-Mahal' to be upto the standards and isnt w...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SudipPal

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar!!!!

Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We truly value your feedback and shall surely share your kind words with the entire team. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need and create a rejuvenating experience.

We look forward to your return visit to experience an uplifting experience with us at Golden Tulip in the Holy city of Amritsar.

Regards,