“Great Hotel with an Awesome Location!!”

Golden Tulip Amritsar
Ranked #5 of 100 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed September 23, 2012

It was a short trip to amritsar for a visit to the golden temple, jalianwalah bagh and wagah border. i had book 2 deluxe rooms in the hotel and as expected the hotel was full on the weekend. this helped us get an upgrade to a dimension suite in exchange of one of the deluxe room and it was simply awesome. we stayed at the 3rd floor and the rooms were just awesome. we had dinner at the hotel and the biryani, fish tikka and methi malai murg was to die for. the breakfast (included in the package) was elaborate and lived upto our expectation. they even allowed us for a late checkout on one of the rooms as we were late coming back from the temple and it helped a lot. the only issue was with a confusion on having a person per room instead of 2, which happened when i booked the rooms on agoda. agoda has changed there website and they have stupid icons which describe the number of people per room and i missed that. the hotel should have informed about this when i was checking in, instead of adding charges for 2 extra beds in the bill. though the manager i guess named "abhishek" helped us in getting out of that sticky situation and i payed the difference directly to agoda. overall a great experience..

Sightseeing/Attractions Tip: Please ensure that you do not visit the temple on a Sunday as it would be impossible for you to enter the Shrine due to the humongous crowd. For Wagah border, ensure you are on the VIP list through some source in the millitary or you would not be able to enter the Arena. For foreign travelers, please carry your passport to Wagah Border for a smooth and a free entry to the VIP section of the Arena.

Room Tip: Select rooms on 3rd floor... they are good
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SunnyDua
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear Mr.Dua,

Thank you for your gracious comments.

Your appreciation of our hotel, restaurants, its location and our staff is overwhelming. Thank you for your heartfelt words of praise which have been shared with the entire team for whom this will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

We have taken your feedback regarding the AGODA booking and we have to spoken to them for the same too.

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Golden Tulip in the Holy city of Amritsar.

Warm regards.
Front Office Manager.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I booked on internet which was cheaper, the room on the 4 floor had noise from the generator so they moved me to 3 th floor.
there was a lot of noise on the floor by other visitors.
the staff was very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was fine and service also friendly, I would have loved fresh brewed coffee for breakfast but only nescafe was available. There is a coffee corner near the entrance,the swimming pool on the rooftop was under maintenance for 1 day.

not very far from the airport nor the Golden Temple, clean rooms

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank veroniek k

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Golden Tulip , Amritsar!

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapses in service during your stay. This is certainly not the standard of service that we pride ourselves on and I do apologies for this inconvenience. Please be advised that I have shared your comments with the relevant managers for improvement.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Amritsar. I am confident your impression would be positive given the opportunity. Please do let me know when you are traveling next time so I can take care of the reservation details.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services.

Personal regards

Kunal Moudgil ,

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

In general the hotel is just fine. But the price in Indian circumstances is high! And you don't get much for it. The swimming pool, gym and spa are a joke (or actually don't really exist).
The rooms are just OK but as the Indians are not familiar with cleaning and house keeping.. They might need an face lifting very soon.
The in house restaurant 'moti mahal' is terrific and expensive but worse every INR!

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip , Amritsar!

We would like to inform you that , we have got best and well equipped Gym with SPA in the town ,there is a rooftop Swimming pool . You comment looks suspicious to us as all the information is given at the time of check In .

Still we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Amritsar. I am confident your impression would be positive given the opportunity. Please do let me know when you are traveling next time so I can take care of the reservation details.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services.

Personal regards

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The best part of this hotel is its location (about one km from the Amritsar train station) and its friendly staff. I requested a late checkout and they said "no problem." I also requested a transport to the train station and it was promptly arranged.

Rooms are well appointed and have a pleasant ambiance which makes up for "not so pleasant view" from the room window. There are tea/coffee makers in the room and bathroom is quite adequate. Also the complementary wi-fi connection worked very well.

Complementary buffet breakfast was served in the hotel restaurant Motimahal and was excellent. Again the restaurant staff is very friendly and eager to help. Great food and service but it is a bit pricey if you go there for lunch/dinner.

Only nuisance I faced was occasional noise (first night it was from a nearby room which seem to host some kind of party. Second day it was bunch of small kids playing in the hallway....I guess their parents were too busy elsewhere to take care of the kids). But it was not a big problem because I always travel with my earplugs :-)

Overall a very good hotel. The hotel staff seem to have "right attitude and training". They are very polite and eager to help.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Amritsar and would love to stay there myself when I visit again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lucky_Tourist001
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Guest ,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar

Thank you for your kind review for Golden Tulip in the Holy City of Amritsar. It is always very nice when our guests enjoy their stay and share their experiences.

It is a great pleasure for my team and I to know that you have enjoyed your stays with us. We are glad that our facilities, comfort level of our rooms and our breakfast buffet have made your stay experiences delightful.

Thank you for your continued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back once again on your next stay.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Reached there on 8th Sep 12 (Sat) noon at 1.00. Hotel innova picked us up. It is only a few min. drive from station. Check-in was slow. We were given only 2 of the 3 rooms we had booked after waiting for 20 mins. Were told that the third room shall be ready in 20 mins. Any way we went to the rooms we were give and waited for the luggage for another 30 mins. Rooms were very good. Specially the ones on the left of the corridor. After the luggage came we Chengdu and went to the Moti Mahal restaurant for lunch. We took the buffet. Food was tasty but the sequence was wrong. Soup came in the middle and the starters in the end. Spring-rolls were really very tasty. Anyway we enjoyed the food. Rooms were comfortable clean and the decor was good. All the facilities like AC refrigerator, tv etc worked fine except for the tv remote. The battery was week and after every change of channel I heated them with my hand. Check out was smooth. Except for that I was told that dropping was not possible. I had to remind them of their verbal promise to provide pickup and dropping facility. After a bit of explaining and talking they said we shall see. Finally they did provide the facility (lesson: have every thing they promise, in black and white in the mail)

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet and offer you a really good sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KaberaaNDELHI
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar !!!

We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at Golden Tulip Amritsar.

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. Our endeavor is to offer comfort with good service and product to all our guests.

Our team truly prides itself on being able to provide a home away from home to our patrons. It is therefore extremely disappointing to have let you down on this occasion. Please be assured that I have personally shared your feedback with concerned Departments , so we can work on taking appropriate action to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. We pride ourselves in offering a personal and instinctive service, and a sensory – rich environment that evokes a feeling of tranquility and well-being, nourishing your soul within a bustling city like Amritsar.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

With best regards

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am posting this on my third and final night at the Golden Tulip. Check in was good and efficient. I left my passport in the suitcase and they were fine with me providing them with same later on once I had opened my case.

I believe the Moti Mahal restaurant to be very good. We ate everything from salads to fruit and no issues with upset stomachs. Perhaps it is more expensive than other Amritsar food places but the food was excellent and service second to none. Breakfast choice brilliant.

I did have a small issue with my room as I had a few very small insects in the bathroom. This is India and these things will happen. When I asked reception for a spray the Manager immediately over heard me and asked whether we wanted to change our room which he did do by upgrading us to a suite. I am very grateful and believe this is key in a well run hotel. If issues do arise as they will in any hotel it is how they rectify the problem.

The bathrooms do look a little dated but frankly for the rate I think this should be factored in. There is some noise from other guests as there are some families staying but they are entitled to enjoy themselves too and we did not get hung up regarding same.

Overall my view is that this is a very good value hotel with a manager that is extremely keen to maintain high customer service.

Well done!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kris R
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Your review will certainly assist travelers in making a decision while planning their stay with The Golden Tulip, Amritsar !

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

We look forward to your return and hope to be your preferred destination when you visit this part of the country.

Best Wishes and regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed with my family at golden Tulip Amritsar in the month of August and it was an amazing experience. Luxurious covers and heavy curtains guaranteed a comfortable night. The rooms also have two closets for clothing  - perfect if traveling as a couple. Wifi was Skype-capable.
The breakfast buffet has a whole range of cuisines from western to Indian.Other than this, rooms were always kept neat and tidy and the staff never pestered you for any kind of gratuity.
I would wanna thank Front Office Manager who was extremely helpful with all the patience. i am sorry to have forgotten his name.
It's a good stay rather the best place to stay in Amritsar...will love to recommend everyone to visit this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank AAR DEE
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar !!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Golden Tulip Amritsar. Your positive feedback helps us to constantly monitor and improve the service we endeavour to provide to our guest.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product and services.

Team Golden Tulip Amritsar looks forward to welcoming you back to provide you with the same unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

Warm regards,