“Customer Service Excellent”

Golden Tulip Amritsar
Ranked #4 of 113 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I am posting this on my third and final night at the Golden Tulip. Check in was good and efficient. I left my passport in the suitcase and they were fine with me providing them with same later on once I had opened my case.

I believe the Moti Mahal restaurant to be very good. We ate everything from salads to fruit and no issues with upset stomachs. Perhaps it is more expensive than other Amritsar food places but the food was excellent and service second to none. Breakfast choice brilliant.

I did have a small issue with my room as I had a few very small insects in the bathroom. This is India and these things will happen. When I asked reception for a spray the Manager immediately over heard me and asked whether we wanted to change our room which he did do by upgrading us to a suite. I am very grateful and believe this is key in a well run hotel. If issues do arise as they will in any hotel it is how they rectify the problem.

The bathrooms do look a little dated but frankly for the rate I think this should be factored in. There is some noise from other guests as there are some families staying but they are entitled to enjoy themselves too and we did not get hung up regarding same.

Overall my view is that this is a very good value hotel with a manager that is extremely keen to maintain high customer service.

Well done!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kris R
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Your review will certainly assist travelers in making a decision while planning their stay with The Golden Tulip, Amritsar !

We are delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

We look forward to your return and hope to be your preferred destination when you visit this part of the country.

Best Wishes and regards,

Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,014)

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed with my family at golden Tulip Amritsar in the month of August and it was an amazing experience. Luxurious covers and heavy curtains guaranteed a comfortable night. The rooms also have two closets for clothing  - perfect if traveling as a couple. Wifi was Skype-capable.
The breakfast buffet has a whole range of cuisines from western to Indian.Other than this, rooms were always kept neat and tidy and the staff never pestered you for any kind of gratuity.
I would wanna thank Front Office Manager who was extremely helpful with all the patience. i am sorry to have forgotten his name.
It's a good stay rather the best place to stay in Amritsar...will love to recommend everyone to visit this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank AAR DEE
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar !!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Golden Tulip Amritsar. Your positive feedback helps us to constantly monitor and improve the service we endeavour to provide to our guest.

Your generous indication of our performance will be a source of inspiration to our staff and this encourages us to achieve even higher standards of service.We are glad to note that you have left with a positive impression of our product and services.

Team Golden Tulip Amritsar looks forward to welcoming you back to provide you with the same unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Very helpful and courteous front desk staff. Rooms are clean and housekeeping services are really efficient. A short taxi ride to Golden Temple and shops. Complimentary taxi to train station on departure plus chocolates ! - great hospitality. Free internet with good connection speed. I stayed 3 nights and really enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: My room was at the side away from street noise, so slept ok
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Paula110
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Guest

Greetings from Golden Tulip , Amritsar !!!

Thank you for this wonderful feedback. It humbles us in a way.

Our emphasis during training on doing a job well is paramount and its great to see it showing up at the front end with all our guests.

Your feedback is being shared with the entire team and i'm sure will energize all.

We look forward to seeing you'll once again.

Warm Regards

Reviewed August 21, 2012

great room !!! fabulous mordsern decor and excellent food ... im glad we chose this hotel to stay .. staff was very helpgul too.. gereat services .. spa was world class quality.. great experience will definately visit again..

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vikaswankhade
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar !!!

We are delighted that you had a great experience while here at Golden Tulip Amritsar.

Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. Our endeavor is to offer comfort with good service and product to all our guests.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

With best regards

Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hi
I was in Amritsar on the 15th and 16th of August 2012 . I did read a lot of reviews about this Hotel in particular in Amritsar before I booked my self into this hotel.

The Hotel was clean and Tidy and people at the reception were quite cheerful and showed us the rooms which were spacious and maintained .

Morning breakfast was good ( buffet ) , other wise I found the prices of the Food to be quite steep according to Amritsar standards . .

The Biggest complaint was that it was noisy late in the night ( we were on the 2nd Floor ) . The guests in suits were shouting with door open and no interest was taken by the management to ensure that all guests have a good time , not just a few .

We had a train back at 5.00 in the morning back to Delhi and were ensured a drop to the railway station at 4.15 . To my horror there was no clue about the car and the driver till 4.40 .
With Toddlers and senior citizen with me I wanted to be st the station well before time .

Finally I had to scream and shout at the person at the reception ( Navdeep ) before I could get an answer that the Mobile of the Cab driver was SWITCHED OFF .

I did manage to get the car and the driver and had to catch the train with great difficulty . Working in the hospitality industry one cannot give this kind of answers and there should always be a standby available in critical situations .

Room Tip: Don't take the room next to the Elevator and it should be right at the end of the alley .
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank btplonline
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Golden Tulip , Amritsar!

Please accept my sincere apologies for the lapses in service during your stay. This is certainly not the standard of service that we pride ourselves on and I do apologies for this inconvenience. Please be advised that I have shared your comments with the staff for improvement.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next trip to Amritsar. I am confident your impression would be positive given the opportunity. Please do let me know when you are traveling next time so I can take care of the reservation details.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services.

Personal regards

Kunal Moudgil ,
Front Office Manager.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stayed at the hotel during my recent visit to Golden Temple. I was vey impressed with the rooms, cleanliness and general housekeeping. Breakfast buffet was good variety and tasty food. Couple of things that would have made my trip even more memorable - enure that all customers requests are responded to and taken care of accordingly. E.g we had requested for an extra bed at the time of reservation and it took almost an hour to get one set up in the night, something that could have been avoided. I had also requested for a 4pm checkout time, while I understand the hotel could not provide as they were booked, I would have preferred to known about it earlier rather than when I asked for a reconfirmation.

The eary morning drop to golden temple was expensive. Had a bit of argument with the front office staff because we came 15min late as against the informed time of 3.45 am...more politeness and courtesy with guests would have been better. Inspire of all of the above, a great place to stay, comfortable rooms, amazing amritsar hospitality. Recommended during your stay!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Prateek

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Amritsar!!!

We are delighted that you had a good experience while here at Golden Tulip, Amritsar.

Thank you for your kind words. Our first priority are our guests and I am glad to note that we met your expectations. Our endeavor is always to exceed expectations and I am glad that we exceeded it in your case.

We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again.

With best regards

Reviewed August 17, 2012

After seeing golden tulip as a top rated hotel in tripadviser I booked accordingly and eagerly looked forward to our stay there. Well, we were disappointed at the outset although a few things did partly make up.

Checkin was smooth and we were accommodated for a higher floor room (4th floor) although the view was nothing much to talk about. On entering the room we were quite disappointed at the dull ambience, bare look and sorry to say but a really poor quality bathroom - flush hardly working, basin getting flooded, cracks on the wall and a dirty bathtub. Not enough hand or bath towels (although they did provide them on request). Toiletries were poor quality and there wasn't even any toothpaste. In retrospect we realised that this was more of a 3 star hotel rather than a 5 star like the raddisson which would have probably been better equipped.
After going thru the room tips on this site, we asked for a newly renovated room but were shown just a similar room with the same issues. They haven't yet renovated any rooms although it is work in process. I know because every afternoon there was constant hammering while we tried to sleep.

The moti mahal restaurant has decent quality and choice of food but vegetarians beware - many of the waiters are not clued on about what contains egg and what doesn't. Their pastry in the breakfast buffet had a green dot next to it but ended up containing egg - not done - and no apologies forthcoming either.

Overall while the check in and housekeeping staff tried to do their best I do not think I would stay here again and would rather try out ranjit svaasa or the raddisson.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shethsa
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Golden Tulip , Amritsar!!!!

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to learn of your concerns during your recent stay and at the outset would like to offer my sincere apologies for the disappointment you have expressed. Our team truly prides itself on being able to provide a home away from home to our patrons. It is therefore extremely disappointing to have let you down on this occasion. Please be assured that I have personally shared your feedback with our training team so we can work on taking appropriate action to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. We pride ourselves in offering a personal and instinctive service, and a sensory – rich environment that evokes a feeling of tranquility and well-being, nourishing your soul within a bustling city like Amritsar.
We truly value your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to host you once again at our hotel and make your experience a rejuvenating one. Please do reach out to me directly prior to your next visit.

Warm regards,