“comfortable stay”

Ranked #7 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“comfortable stay”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Staff was good and awesome Chinese food. Location is good. Bathroom was the trouble maker during our stay.Breakfast was decent.No complaints and we had a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Make sure flush is working properly and check linen..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank flygl
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your valuable response on Trip advisor about Golden Tulip, Amritsar!

We are glad that we could make your trip memorable and you had an enjoyable stay with us. Your feedback is most valuable to us which helps us in serving our guest in a better way.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you, awaiting a comfortable and invigorating experience every time you visit the hotel.

Golden Tulip, Amritsar
+91-9216212144

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed at the Golden Tulip for nearly a week near the end of November and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

The rooms were excellent, the location was very good, the room service food from the on-site restaurant was superb, but by far the best part of our stay was the service, headlined by Kunal, the hotel manager. He was a complete gentleman and went far out of his way to ensure that we were taken care of, happy and enjoyed our stay at the hotel. He helped us arrange details for our departure flight, arranged transportation for us to the Wagah border on short notice and when we had a problem with our in-room internet service it was immediately attended to. He and his staff, particularly the kind gentleman who does the room cleaning on the third floor, made our stay pleasurable and memorable.

The hotel is located a little bit away from the city centre - where you'll find the Golden Temple and the markets - but you can get there within minutes via a short cycle or auto rickshaw ride and it is walking distance from the Amritsar train station.

A special commendation must also be given to the food at the Golden Tulip Hotel. It was hands down some of the best food we had during our stay in India. It's worth visiting Amritsar just for the hotel's garlic naan! Every meal was an event that we looked forward to and we ended up eating in much more than we expected to just because the food was so good.

Thank you to Kunal and the fine staff of the Golden Tulip for taking such great care of us and making it a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third or fourth floor. The hotel sometimes hosts marriage parties in an event...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank VgabndHapy

Golden Tulip, Amritsar
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The hotel is extremely well located close to Railway station, Golden Temple, Wagha Border & city centre . The room comfort is extremely good...and to top it, food is awesome.. I almost always stay here when I am in Amritsar, because this place is perfect. I love the ambiance, the room decor and amenities, the shower, the food. Living as an expat in India, the breakfast buffet is a real treat. We had diner and there was a Indian band playing. Very relaxing. .

When I come, I get a courteous "welcome back", and when I tell them, no I don't want to be accompanied to my room for check in ceremonies, they quickly give me my room key and off I go.
Hats off for the Staff commitments and fulfilling them at any cost . One word for Over Experience .s just "WOW"

Room Tip: Suite Rooms are just Amazing......
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Kabeer S

Greetings from Golden Tulip, Amritsar!

We do appreciate hearing from our guest, as their comments are vital for us to continue in improving our services. I am happy to note that the services rendered by my team were to your satisfaction.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Positives:
1. Accessibility:Distance from Railway Station (within a km), Golden Temple (3 kms) and Wagah Border (20 kms)
2. Decent variety in buffet breakfast menu
3. Variety of options in lunch/dinner through Moti Mahal Restaurant
4. Excellent services
5. Clean and big rooms
6. Beautiful Lobby

Overall a good value for money.

Improvement Areas:
1. I could clearly hear the voices from the adjoining room. Could even make out the TV program they might have been watching :)
2. Free Internet facility could be extended to rooms

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank A-Delhi-Wanderer
GoldenTulip1, Front Office Manager at Golden Tulip Amritsar, responded to this review, March 11, 2012

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 12, 2012

We, a family of four, spent a night at Golden Tulip (GT) during late Dec,2011. Very conveniently located, just walking distance from the Railway station. Golden temple is not very far and Wagha border is about 20 Kms from this place.
The hotel is well maintained with clean rooms. The accommodation we had was just spacious for us. Additional beds were provided promptly for the children.
GT buffet breakfast was really good. The spread had authentic south Indian dishes (we are from Bangalore!) and a variety of other dishes. The ambiance was pleasing too.

Kundan Dhaba, a nice veg eat out, is a stroll away. Don't miss it (the environs may not be great but the food is!)

I must compliment Ms. Keerti at the front desk for her commitment to deliver promised service. When I made my disappointment with the taxi not showing up she swung into action and ensured we boarded the taxi in the next 5 minutes! That too with a discount.
The staff were helpful in accommodating our late check out request without any fuss.
We enjoyed our short stay and recommend this hotel to families.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank TAKram

Greetings from Golden Tulip, Amritsar!

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Golden Tulip , Amritsar. Your appreciation for the service motivates us in our endeavor to create delight for all our guests. The team is our strength and your invaluable feedback helps and inspires them to strive harder for excellence.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Golden Tulip, Amritsar.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Visited the hotel on a business trip and absolutely loved the modern layout of the reception and cafes. have stayed twice at the Hotel and my experience on both ocassions have been superb. The quality of rooms, food spread and taste, personal attention ... I can just go on and on. Of all the hotels I have stayed in, this comes out on tops so far as the room size ,service and quality of food is concerned. Even the standard room I stayed in, was bigger than what I had expected ..excellent hotel ..would love to go back again !!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank sandeep_12

Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night on feb 8. Hotel is clean and trendy looking. The rooms are spacious but just the bathtub has permanent stains in it. There was no hair dryer in bathroom but with a phone call it came to room within minutes. Hotel is car ride away from waga border and golden temple. The restaurant has an excellent selection of food choices!

• Stayed February 2012