“Not recommended to stay at this hotel unless as a last resort”
Review of Hotel Fairway

Hotel Fairway
Ranked #43 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
Mississauga, Canada
“Not recommended to stay at this hotel unless as a last resort”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed in a luxury suite in the hotel for 3 nights in July 2012. Tariff was pretty high but at the time of the booking and after reading several reviews and looking at the photos on the hotel's website, it seemed a good enough price for a 'suite' - the 2nd TV and jacuzzi was an attractive add-on for my teenage sons which also prompted me to finally book the suite and pay more. The suite overall was pleasantly decorated and the bathroom was very large with a separate walk in shower cubicle and a jacuzzi which my teenage sons were thrilled about. Cleanliness however i felt was a big issue as i felt that the house keeping staff just came and did an average job of cleaning up the room and bathroom. Bath towels were always an issue every single day, they would just leave 2 towels in the bathroom even though we were 4 of us, we had to ask for addtional towels from the house keeping which they would send after a lot of delay and this was repeated every single day. We did have 2 TVs in the suite but one of them was not in working condition, which even after requests never really got repaired. The staff overall were OK, but i do wish the front office staff had given me some useful info about our trip to Wagah border specially since i had booked the car through them - they never told me that men and women have to sit separately which resulted in a huge disappointment when we reached there as i was not able to be with my sons durng the entire ceremony, if we had known before hand then we would have adjusted and just stood or sat together as there was one specific area there where there is no gender bias. Also, inspite of asking, we were told by the hotel staff that we can carry our bags and purses to the border - BEWARE anyone who is planning a trip to Wagah border, you CANNOT carry ANYTHING on your person or in your hand to the ceremony area for security reasons, not even your wallet, fortunately we had hired the car from the hotel for the return trip as well, so at the last minute on reaching there when we were informed that we cannot carry anything with us, we were able to leave everything in the car, otherwise i wonder what we would have done or where we would have left our purses or bags. I would say overall our stay and experience at the hotel was just about average, for the kind of money i paid, i was definately expecting much more. Next time if i have to visit Amritsar, i would rather book a standard room at a better so called 4 or 5 star hotel and still pay the same amount of money and at least get a better value for money in terms of service and cleanliness/hygeine in the hotel overall and in the room and bathroom particularly. There is no air conditioning in the dinning and lobby area. Woud not recommend this hotel, would suggest to shop around a little bit more before deciding on the hotel, maybe as a last resort...........

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Gurdaspur, India
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay. This hotel is very conveniently located in a good area. Very reasonable Tariff. Good service by staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Paris
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The hotel is overall all right, the rooms still have a lot of unfinished touches, and there is a big humidity problem in the hotel, it affect particularly the rooms without widow which have a big fungus smell.
Otherwise, they have bough 2nd hand mattresses and linen from some 5 star hotel, the room are clear and well appointed, the staff is helpful and willing, the location is quite convenient as it is not far from the station.
We had a surprise at arrival as the rooms were very dusty (like if though that cleaning the room the week before was good enough coz nobody used it...) and the bed as been used (certainly by the staffs for their afternoon nap).
The restaurant was nothing to wave about but we used it only during the breakfast, still we didn't got sick and the staffs were willing.

It could have been a lot worth for sure, but with a bit of effort and a lot of follow up they will do good.

Room Tip: ask for a room with window
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My friend and I traveled to Amritsar in November last year to visit the Golden Temple. Since we were going to stay for 2 days, my friend booked us into some hotel which turned out to be the pits of disgusting-ness (rest assured, that friend shall never be booking anything for me ever again). Because that place was not fit for normal people to stay, I did an online search and was rescued by this Hotel Fairway. I hightailed my way here and was greeting with a nicely made lobby, with clean furnishings, and friendly staff. I was in my room within 5 minutes, and my luggage followed along moments later. The room turned out to be comfortable, decently furnished with a fluffy bed and the normal trimmings of a simple hotel room. Nothing fancy, but a perfectly acceptable place for a business or religious traveler to come stay for a day or two. Being Monday (I fast on Mondays), I had to place my dinner order before their kitchen closed, and had to request them to send up the food after midnight so I could break my fast. They not only happily made the preparations for me, they even called me at 11.45 pm to ask if I want the food at exactly 12. Come midnight, and poof, I had a tray full of piping hot, freshly made dinner at my door. I totally appreciate the trouble they went through to try to make their customers happy. I would recommend Hotel Fairway to anyone who goes to Amritsar for a few days and needs a simple, clean, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank RatiG
Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed January 25, 2012

After visiting 2-3 hotels at amritsar, i was concerned about my 10 days stay in amritsar, but fairway removed my all doubts.
Hotel rooms are neat & clean, enthusiastic staff , quick service .
Centrally located. Golden Temple situated around 3-4 kms from hotel which makes your holiday pleasant.
Do ask for discount when you visit the hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed here in the end of Nov and turned out to be a pretty good hotel.

The front desk staff were really helpful with some of the issues we had. This being a new hotel and some of the floors still under construction we had some issues with the hot water but over all it was great stay and very centrally located.

I would def stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Hotel Fairway is an ideal place to stay while in Amritsar. It is few minutes walk away from Holy Sikh Shrine 'The Golden Temple', Jallianwala Bagh, Durgiana Mandir and major shopping area of Amritsar. There was ample place for parking, Very nice front office staff greeted us and helpful staff showed us our rooms. Rooms are very modern and cozy with all the modern amenities such as 24 hour Fastway Cable on LEDs. Only letdown was no windows in the rooms and It can be very sickening for Claustrophobic patients. Room rates are very genuine and whole stay is value for money.

I asked for a nice Restaurant in the vicinity from the Hotel Owner who very helpfully asked one of his boys to make arrangements for my food and drinks on the restaurant situated at top floor of Hotel which caters breakfast in the morning. Since the hotel is very new and construction is still going on, In some rooms it is very difficult to sleep due to the ongoing overnight construction. Hotel is very much situated on the road leading to Wagah Border, another tourist attraction!

Room Tip: Always look for corner room as it is always big in size.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family