“Excellent service”

Hotel Hong Kong Inn
Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at Hong Kong Inn for a weekend in Amritsar.
The hotel can be a bit hard to find from Queens Rd, but just ask any local for directions, and they can point out the small street you need to go down.
The rooms are very nice and spacious with all the basic amenities, plus some nice extras, like for example a TV with subscription to all sport channels. We booked our room on the CP plan and was met by a lot of snacks when we checked in.
The reception staff are very friendly, and showed great service, as they offered us to stay for a few hours in one of their rooms while we were waiting for our train back (this was after we had already checked out).

I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Amritsar!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Hong Kong Inn

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We reviewed hotels on trip advisor and decided to go with Hong Kong Inn and I'm happy we did. The rooms are clean and have all the amenities you could need as a tourist, including water bottles, toiletries, newspaper, wi fi and tour guides. The food and service was very good. You get autos as soon as you step out, so that's convenient too. All in all I'd highly recommend this place.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a nice hotel in Amritsar . This was our first family visit to Amritsar . We booked the hotel looking at the high ratings in Tripadvisor. I am satisfied with the overall experience.
The staff is very helpful. The food is excellent . We took rooms including breakfast offer , which comes out little cheaper. The rooms are neat and clean , very well equipped with all possible gadgets. Wifi was available and working well. The cab service was also good . We reached late (11 PM) at Railway Station so asked for a cab pick up- the cab driver was on time and holding a placard with name . The hotel though is located on a by-lane hence no view of outside from the rooms.

Room Tip: We stayed at Ground floor Room 101- adjacent to reception. No outside view, but otherwise very conve...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Like many other reviewers chose this hotel based on earlier reviews & location close to Railway station. This was first trip in Punjab with my wife & we had planned this visit to taste local food, which was raved about.

We stayed for 3 nights after reaching Amritsar comfortably in Shatabdi from Delhi.

What we liked:
- Very close to railway station (less than 2 kms)
- Easy to move to Golden Temple area or to Lawrence road etc; we got auto at doorstep @5.00 am
- Close to road but still peaceful, you appreciate it after spending a day in Amritsar where Punjabi 'munde' prefer to express their emotions by continuous honking. Believe me that first time I felt that Mumbai was better
- Tasty food (we had only b/fast & one light dinner) & prompt service
- Friendly & helpful advice from reception on travel etc
- Good deal for price, as rooms are airconditioned, clean, peaceful, with basic toiletries, including water bottles

What's not good
- Hotel located in a very small ally & when you reach in night it seems a bit seedy with low light & auto drivers hanging on the corner of the ally
- Few things not working well, specially in bathroom - door lock not working (luckily from outside), shower curtains in odd position, leaking tap
- Corridor seems a bit dark & uncomfortable; the next room guy knocked at 11.30 pm thinking its his room & when I opened the door, without realising he took a step forward to get in 'his' room....he realised mistake when I stopped him with extended hand.
- Auto guys will fleece you if you take auto outside hotel

Verdict:
- if you are on low budget & travelling as guys go ahead to save some money but if you are travelling as couple & willing to spend more - find another hotel
- Rating is purely based on VFM against the cost (you get good deals online)
- Will we stay there again - we had no other regrets besides mentioned above but we have got used to comforts of life and would definitely prefer to stay in a better place but its individual choice

Some tips on hotel/Amritsar
- If you are stepping out during decent hour come out on road & find an auto (3 wheeler) or cycle rickshaw
- while going to old city, Cycle rickshaw is preferable as it can use Bandari pul 500 meters away but auto guys have to take a longer & more busy route as they are banned on it
- Negotiate with Auto guy as they are used to taking many passengers at same time so for hiring full auto they will try to quote higher amount. I always felt bad for cycle rickshaw guys so I paid whatever they asked (which was always a paltry amount compared to efforts)
- Don't miss Golden Temple & Wagah Border but for latter go on a working day & be ready to get jostled up. My personal view Durgiani Devi Temple can be avoided, unless you have lot of time on hand

Where to eat & what (limited information but first hand experience)
- Guru ka Langar (at Golden temple) this was eye opener what volunteering means & devotion where everyone treated same.
- Ahuja Lassi (Hindu College)- Guess this was best Lassi tasted so far - not too thick but very fresh
- Makan Fish (Majitha Road) - Don't miss their fish fry ...a bit costly but out of world
- Kulcha Land (Opp M K Hotel)- Crispy Kulchas like never before; Lassi is good too
- Gurdas Ram Jalebiwale (outside Golden temple - first left lane) - Best jalebis ever..fried in pure ghee
- Rajasthan Chaat (Opp Gurdas Ram) - Golgappe (made of suji & small size, perfect for eating) again best ever. I had two plates after trying another chat in same shop
- Mung Dal wada (near parking junction outside Golden Temple) - this is pure roadside food but amazing

Have given only the stuff which was superlative.

Njoy

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank P D

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to review Hotel Hong Kong Inn on Trip Advisor.

We always believe that our guest feedback's are a source of opportunity and improvement which enable us to elevate our products and services to the next level and once again would like to thank you for putting together your thoughts and sharing it with us.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed in the family room over the weekend. I really liked the hotel and my stay there. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The food (breakfast and lunch) was also good. Overall I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Excellent Hotel in heart of city. Worth mentioning cordial & friendly hotel staff (especially Mr. Baljeet & Mr. Bedi). Only suggestion would be to travel in a smaller car as approaching street is quite narrow and crowed at times.

Room Tip: Stayed in 305 which is quite big and could accommodate my family (2+2) in a single room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very professional. A really great room with complimentary drinks and fruit - nice touch. No restaurant but food great from room service. The staff are really helpful who spoke excellent English, it's located on a quiet street about 10 min rickshaw from golden temple.

Room Tip: We had a room on 1st floor
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank L_Morris0777
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014