“Nice & Clean Hotel”

Hotel Hong Kong Inn
Ranked #3 of 99 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Decided on this hotel after reading numerous positive reviews about this hotel for our Amritsar trip during first week of Jan'2014. Booked a couple of double rooms (connected rooms) for our family of four. The check in was smooth and quick and the rooms were spacious and workable. We stayed for 2 nights and were fairly satisfied with the hotel. The positive points of this hotel are

1. They provided an early check in and allowed a late check out without any extra charge.
2. The front desk was manned by courteous, capable and well mannered staff.
3. They gave us a 15% discount coupon for a nice restaurant 'Bhrawan Da Dhaba' situated near the Golden Temple.
4. The front desk arranged a taxi for our Wagah trip and local sightseeing and were helpful in providing us information we required.

I would though, like to point out some minor quirks which need to be looked into

1. The room heaters of both the rooms were defective in the sense that they had a safety switch on the underside which kept switching the heater off throughout the night I had to get up out of the bed umpteen times to get it working again and again.
2. The wifi signal in our rooms was faint and not usable.
3. Both of our rooms were not provided with the complimentary assortment of coke/juice/cookies, etc. which was mentioned in the earlier reviews. They just provided the tea/coffee making supplies and a tiny pack of biscuits. The toiletries provided could also do a lot better.
4, The beds were too hard for my comfort.
5. The hotel is situated neither near the railway station nor the Golden Temple. You will have to take an auto-rickshaw for Rs. 100 every time you want to go either of the two places.

I hope the management keeps up the good work which will go a long way in keeping this hotel at the top of Tripadvisor rating ladder!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RakeshGoyal1971
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better.I assure you your comments are very important for us and I will view the same very seriously and take corrective action on your Feedback. Sir All the Assortment come in the package It Depends on your Package Which you have Taken That Assortment are there in between in that Package or not Includes. Our Hotel is Only 1 Km Away From Railway Station and 2 Kms Away From Golden temple.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel is descent and guest friendly, its just at walking distance from the railway station. Good budget hotel for back packers who feels like dropping into a good descent hotel next to connectivity available.

Mr Kawaljit the booking staff is very co-operative, he took care of all 4 of us that we are making a good deal

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JesonPJacob

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I got an early check-in and a late check-out at no extra cost. Free unlimited wifi, 15% discount at best restaurants, outstanding service, 24 hr food in the room, comfortable sleep, courteous staff. I really had a delightful stay with my family.

Room Tip: One minor suggestion would be to get their rooms painted. The room was still good but it would make...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SandeepSrivastavaGGN
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Amritsar predawn, off of a night bus from Bikaner, with no booking. They booked us in immediately at no extra charge, so we could shower and catch some needed sleep. Our room was clean and comfortable with a little heater in the room and hot water in the shower. They stocked our room daily with complimentary water and Cokes (and even had toothpaste, shampoo, etc).
They arranged reasonably priced transport to the border ceremony and helped us with directions.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Reviewed February 9, 2014

HK Inn is at the end of a filthy alley, but the hotel itself is clean, spacious, and staffed by really attentive, nice folks. I stayed several nights and have no complaints. The hot water and wifi worked well, the room was big, the TV had international news, and the front desk happily arranged taxis and provided directions.

Hotel is about a 10-minute walk (or short rickshaw) from the train station.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed February 5, 2014

polite, attentive staff. clean. the hotel is in a narrow alley but that did not matter. staff gave good, succinct suggestions for what to see given the length of our stay. perhaps one tiny thing is that there is no dining room/ restaurant. breakfast is thus served (brought up) to the bedrooms. they are obliging, in that you can receive your breakfast at any time you request. (no time limitations) we would have been happy to eat at the hotel if there had been a restaurant, but no matter, there are other hotels/restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank L B
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014