“Comfortable, great value budget hotel”

Hotel Hong Kong Inn
Ranked #3 of 112 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Hotel Hong Kong Inn was where we stayed for several nights over New Year 2013/14. We found the room very comfortable and well appointed, with great service. We had several meals in the room, which were delicious, if a little expensive. The staff were very helpful and informative, and tolerated our inquisitive personal questions about the Sikh lifestyle, and helped us plan our time in the city. New Years Eve was, understandably, rather noisy, and we could hear loud music until late, but we were only sad that we hadn't been invited to party!! We spent NYE watching Indian music videos instead! The weather at that time was cold and misty, but the warm reception from the staff made up for the chill! Would be happy to stay at the Hotel Hong Kong Inn again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Catherine C
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. The Celebration which is going on At New Year Eve was held in Another Hotel. if Any celebration done in our hotel every guest Will be invited. I look forward to see you more often.

Kawaljit Singh (M.D.)
Cell :- +44-7418410630, +91-9216968878.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed during November/December. Very convenient to the Golden Temple, lots of shops nearby, plus the large and safe company park for exercise during the day. Food is delicious. Staff was very helpful spending extra time for any of our requests.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank yuki205
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Cell :- +44-7418410630 , +91-9216968878

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Amazing to see a stand alone hotel doing so well on customer service. They understand the customer and make them feel welcome.
I tried to save money by checking out in the morning of my last day in the city. My luggage was at the hotel. When I came back in the evening to collect my luggage, they opened up one of the empty rooms so that I could change comfortably. Truly amazing.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank A2_REC350
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed at this Hotel during the First week of January. We booked this Hotel after a lot of research and after going through the reviews on Trip Advisor. And I do not regret my decision one bit. The Hotel is located on Queen's road(just a minute walking,off the main road). It is just 15-20 minutes from the Golden temple by rickshaw. So, if you do not want a location, from where you could go walking to the temple, this location is certainly good and is only 2-3 kms from the Railway station/bus stand as well. However, the Autos charge you a flat rate of Rs.100 per way.
Now, About the room, it is clean,spacious has all the basic amenities that you would need.Kettle,a complimentary bottle of mineral water, room heater,a pair of slippers etc. The attached washroom was also really clean and has perfectly working bath fittings(which is rare in 3* Hotels)
A special mention for the staff,who are really helpful. You could ask them for any help/advice and they would help you with a smile. They helped us book the taxi for Wagah and were also really accommodating with a early check in and a late check out, at no extra charges :)
I would definitely recommend this Hotel, without a shred of doubt !!
Great Job Hong Kong Inn !!
(P.S- The Aloo dhaniya n pudina Parantha and the Limca mint drink is a must try )

Room Tip: Ask for rooms which get Sunlight. As most of them face a brick wall with no Sunlight. So, you wouldn...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Reviewed January 17, 2014

One of the finest options to stay in Amritsar. I checked out several options but this one beat them any day. The rooms are spacious, with ample amenities. Clean Washrooms.

The staff is also friendly and courteous. Definitely worth recommending.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PushkinBansal
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We were six and stayed in two connected rooms. The room has all basic amenities, tea/coffee maker, heater, internet, etc. The staff was really helpful. They have basement parking as well. The property is at the Amritsar's prime location Queens Road. They don't have a restaurant but they do provide room service. You can really get some nice tips from the reception on how to cover Amritsar

Bad thing: There were tiny cockroaches everywhere, bathroom and the main room. The room really needs pest cleaning

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PuneetAggarwal
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often. We will take Corrective Action on your Suggestions.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Hong Kong Inn! The staff was very helpful and the hotel was a great value. Nice rooms and comfortable beds. Tons of complimentary services, like no where else we stayed in our 3 weeks in India. The location is an easy walk to the main sights and there are many dining options around the hotel. Recommended to anyone visiting Amritsar.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank lnassau
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014