“Luxurious!”

Hotel Hong Kong Inn
Ranked #2 of 100 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

I loved staying at this place. It was very luxurious compared to other places we had stayed for a while.

The place seemed new and sparklingly clean. Our room was large with a huge comfortable bed, flat screen TV with a list of English channels, kettle with tea and biscuits, complimentary toiletries, juice, water, Pepsi, and daily English language local newspaper. There was also a fridge and heater to keep the room warm. Shower was very hot and powerful and was in a separate area within the bathroom with a shower curtain which we hadn't seen in anywhere else we stayed.

Wi-fi was free and was one of the best connections we have come across.

Reception staff were amazing, they were very friendly and courteous and I felt that they really wanted us to enjoy our stay. We were allowed to check in to our room early and an hour later as we had booked a taxi to take us to our next destination at 12pm. We also booked a car to take us to the Wagah border ceremony. All taxis seemed reasonably priced to us although the driver made it clear that he wanted a tip at the end of each journey which I thought was a bit unprofessional. He was also sulky when we ended up giving him a 10% tip presumably as he wanted more.

Location is okay and close to the Crystal restaurant and useful shops selling toiletries as well as ATMs. It is very close to train station - pick up is expensive for such a short journey presumably as they have to pay for parking and wait for you so I would just get a taxi or auto rickshaw myself if I was arriving again by train.

On tripadvisor the map co-ordinates put the hotel very close to the Golden Temple which was one of the reasons we chose it. However, it is much further away and you need to get an auto rickshaw to visit it. We paid between 80-100 IRS for each one way journey to the temple part of town. We visited several times so the journeys added up.

We only stayed one night but should have stayed two. I really wanted to stay for longer and will definitely recommend and stay again if we come back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eatydrinky
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I Will share your appreciation with my entire team. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future...

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We were looking for a place for one night so that we can cover Golden Temple and head out the next day. Good spacious rooms, helpful front desk made our stay there comfortable. They were updated and helpful with information that tourists require about the attractions. We got discount coupons to near by restaurant with really good food.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pranuthi
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Amritsar was first destination to our family trip to Jammu & Kashmir. Wanted a decent hotel for a night. We wanted to visit Golden temple and Wagah border retreat ceremony. We browsed through tripadvisor hotel reviews and booked this hotel online while contacting them directly.

Hotel is 15 mins away from railway station. Checked in on time. Rooms were ready. Gave us 2 separate double occupancy interconnected rooms which were perfect for parents and us. Cosy little rooms enough space for free movement with LCD, heater, fridge, good clean toilet with heater etc. in short well equipped with all basic facilities. Entire hotel was very clean and neat.

Staff was helpful and responsive. We kept our option of BF pckg open till we checked in and informed them we will take room only and uncle at reception were perfectly fine with it. While check out thr was little confusion about our online payment confirmation at their end. I must state that it talks about the service level of the hotel that they brought this only while check out and that too very politely. It got sorted in 15 mins and there was no fuss about it.

For some fussy travellers pl ignore little work going on in hotel, small lift, and service gate just outside lift. For the room facilities, location and budget you get all of above, these are little things.

I suggest to take this budget hotel. Will feel homely.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MilindAcharya

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We were a group of 7-8 friends and walked in and booked this hotel after reading reviews a day before. We stayed in for a night and asked them for connecting rooms as with a bigger group it's loads of fun.
The rooms & bathrooms are decent size and cleanliness is not an issue at all. The hotel looked newly renovated. The location is in a small street but very near to the railway station. We were travelling by train from Delhi and it was very convenient to get to/from the hotel. There are restuarants around the hotel in case you don't wanna eat in the hotel.
The Golden temple is just 5 mins by vehicle. The Jallianwala bagh is also nearby. There are numerous no of big autos around which easily accommodated 7-8 ppl and with a grp of friends it was a lot of fun.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They helped us with all the arrangements to get to Wagah border. They booked us an Innova within 1/2 an hour...The hotel had other options too for conveyance.
The room service was quick. The hotel food was awesome too apart from the local punjabi food. We ordered paranthas, noodles, french fries and other snacks and evrything was tasty.

The hotel gave us an option of late check out till 1ish for the 2 connecting rooms and let us use the 3rd room till we finally checked out to get our train @ 5pm.

This hotel is gud value for money and centrally located unlike most 5 stars in Amritsar like Hyatt or Radisson Blu. Of course, this is not a 5* but for a night it's a decent hotel to stay over and explore Amritsar.

p.s.- Do not forget to have amazing Lassi and Paranthas and Amritsari naan in this awesome town of Punjab. I am not a huge fan of Punjabi food but the food was so delicious everywhere that it's worth a mention!! :)

Room Tip: If you are a group of friends...ask for connected rooms on the top floor. Its a lot of fun! :)
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Clean hotel with a very helpful staff who helped make arrangement for all our requests outside of our stay at reasonable rates. Things like Taxi and help with directions around the city. The food was extremely good and super delicious.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This was a great Value for our Money. The staff are fantastic and very helpful I was very impressed by them. The hotel was comfortable and very clean. They served all there meals in your room, that was my only down on this. It is nice to sit in a restaurant to your meals and they were not in a great location. If I went back to Amritsar I would stay there again but would plan my meals a little differently.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. The staff was very helpfull. The Hotel was reasonably priced. Soap, toothpaste, tea, coffee, water and towels are provided by them. They offered various tours within the city and to Wagah Border. The food was good. One could order breakfast anytime as there were no time restrictions. Autos were quite easily available to go to the Golden temple area. Good eating places near the hotel. Efficient room service. Free Wifi was an added benefit. On ckeck out, they did not really give us a printed bill till we asked for it. The bills were hand-written and we were asked to pay a part of it in cash. Maybe they could look into this aspect. Also, each time they do room service, they should generate bills and take signatures so as to avoid any last minute confusion. However, this is a nice affordable place for a short stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple