“A LOVELY STAY”

Hotel Hong Kong Inn
Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Hong Kong Inn (and Amritsar itself is a must-see). The rooms were nice and clean, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food was some of the best we tried in India!
We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MariaDimitrova
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Hong Kong Inn

Reviewed November 10, 2013

HongKong Inn is an affordable 3 star hotel , good decent rooms neat and clean, swift check in , warm hospitality .
Incase you want to go out for dinner or shopping , They ( hotel reception ask for it) do give you a 15% discount card which you may avail at designated shops or restaurant like bharwan dhaba , brothers dhaba , crystal restaurant etc .
there is no restaurant inside the hotel only room service is available which is expensive than out side food.
There is plenty restaurants available outside in the street eg Orchid restaurant , Friends Restaurant & Crystal restaurants , sagar ratna etc.

We had a great stay except that the ground floor rooms are close to reception and was disturbed often due to huge noise at lobby as people keep talking loudly in group check in . Lobby is huge and voice echo disturbing whole ground floor guests.

Must visit Golden Temple , Jalyanwala light & sound show at 6 pm onwards , Wagah Border parade ( avoid weekends , too much rush u may have to catch a seat from 3 pm to watch the show at 5 pm) prefer week days .

Room Tip: Do not choose ground floor rooms near to reception as huge noise in reception at odd hours may distu...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this professionally run hotel. Like most budget hotels, I kept my expectations to a minimum but was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of service. The rooms are average, the beds are a bit hard but relatively comfortable (for India), the air conditioning worked, and the bathrooms are pretty clean with hot water (it's a no-tub deal but that's normal for a budget hotel in India).

The staff was helpful, prompt, and friendly. I loved that each room had a list of sights and prices for private cars - no guessing games. So we hired a car for a day of sightseeing and the driver was professional. We also hired a car for the Wagah border ceremony and we had no problems with that either.

We loved the included breakfast - there's no dining room so you just order your breakfast with reception and they bring it to your room; free room service! The Indian breakfasts were delicious and you can order it at any time of the day! They also had a free minibar where they refilled bottled water, juice, cokes, and biscuits every day.

The location wasn't bad either, though we went most places by private car. I think most auto-rickshaw drivers know the hotel because it's down hotel alley, a well-known tourist area. Our auto-rickshaw driver at our arrival bus station knew of it. We walked around the area and there's plenty of food and shopping available. We ate at some nearby restaurants and they were very good.

For the price we paid, the service and other perks really made our stay memorable and a great value. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay in this Hotel on Oct 31st. The Hotel Staff were very kind right from the beginning. They not only gave us extended checkout by 3pm. By the time we came back from Wagah around 7pm they even let us use one of their rooms to get fresh.

The Hotel Staff at the Reception are doing really a great job and providing excellent Service.

We even got the Breakfast discount of 15% from Brother on our way to Golden Temple.

Would definitely stay here if we are in Amritsar again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff was amazingly kind to us from the beggining till we left. They even let us use our room to take a shower before our night train departed after storing our luggage all day on our check out date.

The rooms our spacious and clean with tv and descent free wifi all day. Bathroom and bed where in pristine conditions (rare in India).

Complementary Breakfast was generous and served at the room.

I recomend Hong Kong hotel blind folded.

Dont miss the food alley just a couple of blocks down the road, delicious!

• Stayed: November 2013
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We chose this hotel because of good trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. This hotel is modern and very well appointed. The service was excellent with the staff both very friendly and helpful. Immediately impressed with the smart and very spacious foyer which had an atrium four floors high. Bedrooms were large with king size comfortable bed and good bathroom. Air con and fan. Complementary soft drinks, snacks and tea making facilities provided and also (empty) fridge. Free wifi. Don't be put off by hotel location in side street. This is compensated by its proximity to Golden Temple (0.2 miles away) and other sites. Reception staff will book taxis to airport, border ceremony etc and know prices and times. Airport 25 mins away. Used hotel on both outward and return trip to UK. We will definitely use this hotel again as it is excellent value for money (about 2300 rupees per room including room service breakfast).

1  Thank DGarethOwen

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Hong Kong Inn is a great place to stay in Amritsar. The hotel does not look much from outside but it is very well done once inside. The rooms are really spacious and comfortably furnished.
The food was also very good and fairly priced.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sumit N
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013