“Great Value”

Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Honolulu
“Great Value”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in this professionally run hotel. Like most budget hotels, I kept my expectations to a minimum but was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of service. The rooms are average, the beds are a bit hard but relatively comfortable (for India), the air conditioning worked, and the bathrooms are pretty clean with hot water (it's a no-tub deal but that's normal for a budget hotel in India).

The staff was helpful, prompt, and friendly. I loved that each room had a list of sights and prices for private cars - no guessing games. So we hired a car for a day of sightseeing and the driver was professional. We also hired a car for the Wagah border ceremony and we had no problems with that either.

We loved the included breakfast - there's no dining room so you just order your breakfast with reception and they bring it to your room; free room service! The Indian breakfasts were delicious and you can order it at any time of the day! They also had a free minibar where they refilled bottled water, juice, cokes, and biscuits every day.

The location wasn't bad either, though we went most places by private car. I think most auto-rickshaw drivers know the hotel because it's down hotel alley, a well-known tourist area. Our auto-rickshaw driver at our arrival bus station knew of it. We walked around the area and there's plenty of food and shopping available. We ate at some nearby restaurants and they were very good.

For the price we paid, the service and other perks really made our stay memorable and a great value. I'd stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay in this Hotel on Oct 31st. The Hotel Staff were very kind right from the beginning. They not only gave us extended checkout by 3pm. By the time we came back from Wagah around 7pm they even let us use one of their rooms to get fresh.

The Hotel Staff at the Reception are doing really a great job and providing excellent Service.

We even got the Breakfast discount of 15% from Brother on our way to Golden Temple.

Would definitely stay here if we are in Amritsar again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, November 5, 2013

Df
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The staff was amazingly kind to us from the beggining till we left. They even let us use our room to take a shower before our night train departed after storing our luggage all day on our check out date.

The rooms our spacious and clean with tv and descent free wifi all day. Bathroom and bed where in pristine conditions (rare in India).

Complementary Breakfast was generous and served at the room.

I recomend Hong Kong hotel blind folded.

Dont miss the food alley just a couple of blocks down the road, delicious!

• Stayed November 2013
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We chose this hotel because of good trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. This hotel is modern and very well appointed. The service was excellent with the staff both very friendly and helpful. Immediately impressed with the smart and very spacious foyer which had an atrium four floors high. Bedrooms were large with king size comfortable bed and good bathroom. Air con and fan. Complementary soft drinks, snacks and tea making facilities provided and also (empty) fridge. Free wifi. Don't be put off by hotel location in side street. This is compensated by its proximity to Golden Temple (0.2 miles away) and other sites. Reception staff will book taxis to airport, border ceremony etc and know prices and times. Airport 25 mins away. Used hotel on both outward and return trip to UK. We will definitely use this hotel again as it is excellent value for money (about 2300 rupees per room including room service breakfast).

1 Thank DGarethOwen

Pune, India
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Hong Kong Inn is a great place to stay in Amritsar. The hotel does not look much from outside but it is very well done once inside. The rooms are really spacious and comfortably furnished.
The food was also very good and fairly priced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sumit N
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, November 1, 2013

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights at £17 a night. Room was clean and spacious, with a tv and hot water. Room service was fine and the good was good value for money (INR100 a meal). But the best thing was the service at hotel. Staff were incredibly helpful in arranging both a trip to the Pakistani border and also for booking and arranging onward travel to Shimla at very late notice. The hotel manager very kind and pleasant. We were travelling as a couple and this was the first time in India I was treated with the same regard and courtesy as my husband! We were very happy with our stay.
Location was also good, about 15 minutes from the Golden temple on auto rickshaw.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013

UK
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel may not look much but they try very hard to tick all the boxes in terms of service. All food is by room service which was great, with an evening meal of very good value. They arranged a free pick up and drop off from the station and a reasonable day long taxi that included seeing all the sites and getting us to the border ceremony, which was fantastic fun.