Hotel Hong Kong Inn
$43
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
1,031 results
All reviewsvalue for moneynarrow lanegolden templeroom servicewagah borderrailway stationbasement parkingqueens roadother hotelscrystal restaurantcomfortable stayclean roomsbudget hotelrecommend this hotelhot waterluxury roommain road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel may not look much but they try very hard to tick all the boxes in terms of service. All food is by room service which was great, with an evening meal of very good value. They arranged a free pick up and drop off from the station and a reasonable day long taxi that included seeing all the sites and getting us to the border ceremony, which was fantastic fun.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Good hotel in an interesting city. Don't be put off by the initial impression of its street front. Called "Three Hotel Lane," it's really "Three Hotel Alley." There is no restaurant; breakfast is ordered from Room Service and served in the room. Food is OK, but small. For example, Omelette came without toast; an order of toast (which was one of the breakfast choices) was two slices of toast without jam or jelly. The staff is very good and helpful. They arranged for a great guide who is a bicycle rickshaw driver. We spent a day and a half seeing things we wouldn't have seen in a car with a good English-speaking "pedaler." He worked tea breaks and meals into the schedule at some good places off the tourist track, but clean and tasty. One odd experience: both days we were there, the room was not made up late in the afternoon. The first day we returned at around 2:30 pm. We mentioned to the front desk that our room was not made up. They told us not to worry and the next time we went out and back it was done. The second day we returned close to 6:00 in the evening. Again the room was not cleaned. I spoke to the front desk again and mentioned that this was unusually late for room clean up. The desk clerk responded, "If you don't leave your key at the desk when you go out, the room can't be cleaned." I asked how the guest was supposed to know this. There was no response, but a smile and a positive attitude. Seems easy enough to put a small sign to say that the room key should be left at the front desk in the morning to ensure prompt cleaning. Especially since the desk clerk had said that it was entirely optional to turn in the key when going out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I assure you your comments are very important for us and I will view the same very seriously and take corrective action.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Hong Kong Inn for 3 nights in October 2013. Although not excellent, this is a good hotel.

- Good points about this hotel
1) Price - Booked online several months prior to travelling however be careful doing this as the price dropped after I had made my booking
2) Clean - Hotel and rooms are very clean
3) Wi-Fi - Strong Wi-Fi signal throughout the hotel and in the rooms
4) Complimentary Fridge - Stocked daily with a range of drinks (i.e. coca cola, water and juice!) - loved this!
5) Television - Wide range of cable TV channels
6) Taxi Driver to the Wagah Border and Airport - The hotel arranged a 3hr trip to the Wagah Border for just 750 Rs (£7.50). The taxi driver was very friendly and did not request any tips or take me to any factory shops along the way. I also used the same taxi driver to drop me to the airport

- Bad points about this hotel
1) Upon check in I only had a small range of Indian Rupees and asked at check in if they could exchange my USD for Indian Rupees. The staff member explained he could not do this now but would be able to do this in the morning (this was around 1am). I asked again the following morning however the same staff member explained he would be unable to do this.

2) Photos of the hotel on the website make this hotel appear newer than it actually is.

3) Location - Some distance from the golden temple however tuk tuk rides are very cheap.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

Thanks for giving Compliment to my whole team. it will give more confidence to my team to serve every guest better. I look forward to see you more often and I assure you your comments are very important for us and I will view the same very seriously and take corrective action.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Overall experience was good considering the competitive rates they offer. It is not a luxury hotel though. The excellent pictures shown by travel agents can be misleading. The location is convenient, but outside ambience is very poor. Also they don't have a restaurant, only room service for a limited menu. Food quality is good, to be fair.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Sat Shri Akaal !!!

I regret that you have not had a great stay with us , I assure you your comments are very important for us and I will view the same very seriously and take corrective action.