“bien!”

Hotel Hong Kong Inn
Ranked #4 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Good stay!... Shrine was always very useful and kind. Good place and good value for money! Good stay!... Shrine was always very useful and kind. Good place and good value for money!Good stay!... Shrine was always very useful and kind. Good place and good value for money!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HongkongInn, General Manager at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Namaskar !!!

We are thankful to you for your encouraging comments, this is our team Hotel Hong Kong Inn , Amritsar . We look forward to see you more often.

With Regards,
Suraj Vaid (G.M.)

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel is basic and clean. The staff were welcoming and helpful. They assisted us with tuk tuk pricing and cab hire to the border closing ceremony, as well as a 3:45 am tuk tuk to the golden temple. Breakfast was served in the room, again basic but serviceable. The bathroom was small and the shower pressure was good. You get what you pay for and we felt this place was good value for money.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Namaskar !!!

With Regards,
S. kawalJit Singh.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were here in end May'12. We were here only for one night. We checked in at about 11 am and then after day long Amritsar sight - seeing trip we got here only at 10 pm. We were out the next morning by 10 am.
The staff is lackadaisical. It took us couple of reminders for an extra bed that we had asked for at the time of booking itself in one of the rooms. Having to deal with that after a day long excursion can be trying. One of us wanted a glass of milk which just wasn't served despite asking couple of times for the same.
The fixtures were all working fine and we were too tired to notice the half made state of the hotel
For a longer stay there are better hotels in this city. For a night stopover stay as ours, its doable

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Guest

Namaskar !!

We regret that you have not had a great stay with us , We assure you your comments are very important for us and we will view the same very seriously and take corrective action.

Best regards
S. Kawaljit Singh.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Frankly speaking, I like the hotel, and if I was not offered with rooms where paints are yet to dried the rating would have been better one. We were offered two adjacent rooms with a common door in between. It was quite comfortable for my Parents and for my daughter and Wife as well. Only problem was, the connecting door was newly painted and yet to be dried, and that the only area where they loses marks.
Otherwise it's a value for Money deal. The rooms may not provide you any great view but looks like a new property. Huge, nice and clean rooms and toilets. Please note, there is no restaurant but room service for all kinds of meal. It takes time but offer tasty food at the end so place your order at-least 1 hour before. The approach road is bit narrow and I've not checked about the arrangement for parking as I was not driving this time. Trust me driving in this lane and overall Amritsar can be bit challenging... :-)

I got good deal from Make My Trip, Interaction at the reception was very smooth. And I liked the service of all the support staff as well, so sincerely worth trying.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear Sanjib Sir

Thanks.
Regards
S. Kawaljit Singh.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

That is the reaction we got from a friendly Sardarji from Amritsar, the moment we got off the train. The cycle rickshawalas though seemed to know of the place and the directions to the hotel. It took a 10 min ride and cost us Rs. 30 to reach Honk Kong Inn. Due to the last minute planning and lack of rooms in other hotels we were booked in this hotel through the internet.
The hotel was located in a narrow shady looking alley on Queen’s Road. The alley though shady looking did not seem unsafe even at 11 pm. The place looked swanky form outside, well lit and spacious. But soon one realizes that it is all show without substance. There was neither furniture in the foyer nor an elevator in the elevator shaft. The rooms were small and had a musty odor, the reason for this being the absence of ventilation and source of sunlight (this was confirmed in the morning). The bathroom was clean but had merely a small bar of Mysore sandal as toiletries. The blanket was unclean and felt used and worn out, and we used extra sheets which we were carrying, to be used in the face of such eventuality.
To be on the safer side, we ordered simple dal rice for dinner. It took 90 mins and 5 calls to the room service before it arrived. The food though was served hot and tasted ok. (Hot food is a given in Amritsar). In the morning we erred in ordering breakfast before leaving. Being in the land of Punjab, paranthas were ordered, considering that they would be served the quickest. But the night experience repeated and it took almost one hour to arrive and this time after making visit and enquiries and the reception (reception serves as room service, house keeping etc….). Paranthas were hot and tasted ok, but priced exorbitant.
Not recommendded for relaxing start to a holiday.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are a no no !!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NJtravels2012
HongkongInn, General Manager at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear Guest

Regards

S. T.S. Bedi
Team Hotel hong kong inn
Amritsar.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Hotel is not up to the mark. I visited Amritsar with family from 10 Aug to 12 Aug 2012. Stayed at this hotel after reading positive remarks on this site.
But it was a shocker when we arrived. I did the booking through Make My Trip, but the reception staff said they havent got any booking on my name. After making many phone calls (read drama) they offered me 2 rooms in some other hotel. I refused and after heated arguments for about half an hour they yielded and offered us the rooms.
I lodged a complaint regarding this to MMT but there also is the same story...it took about half an hour to that "smart lady" to provide me a complaint No.
My advice - Avoid MMT and This Hotel. Food is expensive and tasteless.
There are plenty of good Hotels in Amritsar try them.

Room Tip: Avoid This Hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Best regards,

Kawaljit Singh

Reviewed August 12, 2012

If you have a budget of around 1500-2000 and are looking for a decent and comfortable stay in Amritsar, then look no further as your search ends here. After having read a lot of reviews and compared hotels, I explored this one and the choice seemed unanimous once I spoke with Mr. Kawaljeet who, after my booking with Cleartrip took care of all things I needed like :

1. Late checkin and more importantly late checkout, synching with my train timings. We had to move rooms the next day after the normal checkout hours, but that was understandable.
2. Excellent room - what you see on the site is what you get, guaranteed. AC's, neat toilets, complimentary tea kit, maker, wooden floors, Sony Bravia, cosy bed.
3. On the phone booking for a whole day cab for sightseeing, with no hassles at all.
4. Good room service, courteous staff.

I didn't look for spas, swimming pools etc, because my sole purpose of visit to Amritsar was being outdoors and seeing places. At the end of the day just the stay and good food was the need, and I got all that fulfilled.

This hotel was located very near Crystal Chowk, the heart of the city from where the railway station, markets, local transport, dhabas were available very easily. I just wish the lane was wider and cleaner to match the interior ambience. By the way, all dress shops etc knew this hotel pretty well and wowed at our excellent selection of the hotel. Good job Mr Kawaljeet, Hotel Hong Kong Inn. Will recommend to all others and come back again !

Cheers -

3  Thank Sumanta_2000
HongkongInn, Owner at Hotel Hong Kong Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Sumanta Mam

I am heartily Thankful to you for this Wonderful Review . I did not have Words to Explain my thanks to your for this Special Review for my Hotel . I also Wish that your wish will be fulfilled in a short time .

Thanks.