“Good and clean hotel with a okay location.”
Review of HK Clarks Inn

HK Clarks Inn
Ranked #22 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Orebro, Sweden
“Good and clean hotel with a okay location.”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

Spent only one night at this hotel.
Room was nice and clean, bathroom was good and had both hot and cold water all times. Bed was clean and very comfy. The staff was friendly and the hotel has free internet for all the guests, which is great.
The hotel had a breakfast buffet which was okay but it was nothing more than the usual. The hotel bar is nice and the people working there know what they are doing. Nothing is overpriced.
Great place to stay even if it is a bit away from the city if you will be walking.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelAnso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I had just come back from my stay at this hotel. I stayed in Khazaan suite, which is supposed to be the best room in the hotel. The room was pretty ok but the hotel services was so bad. Along with my room i also had 5 more rooms booked for few nights for my guests and all of them experienced bad service. Just to give few examples (as there are plenty of them) - we went to the terrace restaurant to have dinner, we were not provided the menu for 30 mins so just came back without eating there. My wife fell off the stairs in the hotel, so i asked for some ice and i was told that bar is closed so i can't get any ice. I had "pls do not disturb" sign on in spite of that my door was knocked on many different occasions.They offer complimentary fruit platter but that never arrived even after requesting for it twice, first time excuse was "we our out of fruits". The on-site manager did seem nice and did make an effort to improve things but it does not really help when most of the staff just does not listen to what guest wants.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 10110106
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We went to Amritsar in April to see the golden temple and landed in the middle of the night. Having not booked any accommodation, we ended up at Clarks Inn and was greeted in a very friendly manner by Mohinder. He gave us a very good deal on 2 deluxe rooms. The rooms were very clean indeed and had all the luxury one expects. Staff were very friendly and guided us all the way. They even arranged for a drop off at the railway station for our ownward destination. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank sonianita
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2011

visiting amritsar for shopping and golden temple.....this hotel is the best choice.....very comfortable...clean n relaxing.....with affodable price.....had a great tym staying there....

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank su20
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed April 14, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. We paid for 4 star accommodation and received one star accommodation. The corridors were smelly, the carpets were dirty, the receptionists never made the wake up calls despite the committment on our last night that she would use her personal cell phone. This never happened. We walked around the area and found better three star accommodation that was much neater than the four star sold to us. We were advised that the rating for four star was that they had a pool and so called gym. Unless the economic crisis has dictated this to be your final trip anywhere then please dont fall in the same trap as us despite the so-called 7 month old hotel. Be very afraid if you are a luxury traveller and paying a luxury price. you definitely dont get what you pay for in this establishment. Remember I paid for four star accommodation, maybe my agent settled for this two star establishment.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank verunsharma
Perth
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I have never been to Amritsar and was most anxious to see the Golden Temple. This hotel is about 10 mins to the Golden Temple. My husband and I and our friends had a wonderful time there. Arranging a taxi was no problem. The rooms are huge and clean and comfortable with large digital TV. The bathroom was large and had plenty of hot water. Service was very good. Food was good too. The best thing I like about this hotel which I never found in any other hotel in the world (I travel a lot) was the bidet in the toilet. It is different from the usual ones. This one is under the seat at the back and aims direct at the bum and does not splash any water around. Clean bum!!! Will stay there again if I ever visit Amritsar again.

• Stayed December 2010
Reviewed February 25, 2011

The hotel is very well made and they offer very good services but the management is pathetic, this is really in a very mild way that I am saying this! My experience at hk clarks inn Amritsar was pathetic. The room service, the cleanliness in my room, the service at their restaurant "The Bridge" was just not below ordinary but pathetic. We asked for an extra bed in one of the suite's we wer staying in and they did not provide it till 1.30 am the next day! Can u imagine! [-]!! we had guests from abroad and we asked for non spicy food at the restaurant and they said that they will prepare everything without a problem but they bought the most spicy food available and on sending them again they brought the same dish again! The whole meal was spoiled and to add to that they made a blunderous mistake in our bill. The suite was dirty and the mattresses and the carpet was filthy! On asking them a thousand time they provided a cleaning boy AT 1AM IN THE NIGHT!!!!! I am right now sitting at their lobby and am totally disappointed with their services. Such a big name, big organization but such disgusting show of work and services by the management here at Amritsar!!! Sad!

• Stayed February 2011