I'm the kind that starts off with the negatives n then cushions the blow with the positives.
Not that good:
1) I stayed at the Radisson blu for 2 days in the end of august. I guess there was renovation/repairs going on hence there was too much noise of hammering/drilling going on. This went on from 8 am till the evening! Was too much of a disturbance.
2) I can't say whether it's a positive or a negative but the location of the hotel is far from the main city. We had visited amritsar for sightseeing and hence it took us atleast 30-45 mins to get to places like the golden temple.
3) Since we had to check out very early in the morning and had to travel thereafter, we requested at their 24hr restaurant, if they could pack us breakfast, which they did, but they had not given us wat they said they would. We were left with only 2 sandwiches for a group of 4!
3) The minibar was understocked n price was a tad high. Come on, you guys are the Radisson! You sure can afford to stock a few complimentary cookies to go with tea and coffee
The good and the great:
1) The rooms were simply great! With a very comfortable bed, study desk, cupboards, lockers, great bathroom with bathtub.
2) The service was great, and all the staff members were courteous. Even though we had not reserved a table for dinner, we had one arranged in minutes.
The person who waited on us at the restaurant, a tall fair bald man( very sorry, didn't notice his name! ) was very helpful and courteous!
3) THE FOOD! We had both, the dinner and the breakfast buffet, which were amazing! The chicken tikka starter and the Dal makhani were the best I've ever had.I had a craving for pancakes that day, and they served me hot pancakes even though I did not see them on the menu!
Overall I had a pleasant stay, barring the few disappointments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Amritsar is situated near the International & Domestic Airport and just 15 minutes from the railway station and attractions like Golden Temple and Jallianwala Bagh. This beautiful hotel is surrounded by lush green fields that provide a relaxing environment for your business trip or vacation in Amritsar with 5 star luxury amenities and “Yes I Can Attitude” to serve. The hotel's 123 chic and spacious rooms and suites offer complimentary broadband Internet access; The Radisson Blu Amritsar also features on-site dining, a stylish lounge bar, a full-service spa, an outdoor pool, a fitness centre and a dedicated 24hrs travel desk. All rooms are well-furnished with modern amenities, like Wi-Fi internet, LCD TV, mini bar, electronic safe, tea/coffee maker, hair dryer, ergonomic work chair, ironing board, work station and en suite bathroom. Hotel also provides facilities, such as doctor-on-call and foreign currency exchange. Hotel’s travel desk that provides airport transfer facility, planned tours for local sightseeing to Golden Temple, Jallianwala Bagh and Wagha Border & for recreation, there is an outdoor pool and fitness centre. The Radisson Blu Hotel Amritsar is perfectly suited for your social functions, corporate events, meetings & seminars with more than 13,850 square feet of flexible indoor space and 19,000 square feet of garden space, these well-equipped venues can accommodate up to 1000 guests. Savour authentic Pan-Asian cuisine at Wall of Asia or experience interactive dining at the spacious all-day dining restaurant Tavolo Mondo That offers an a la carte menu & buffets & Proof the lounge bar which offers wines, cocktails & spirits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel Amritsar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.