“Best And In BUdget” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Teg Royal

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Teg Royal
Ranked #38 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
Chandigarh, India
“Best And In BUdget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I visited Hotel Teg Royal,Amritsar in the month of December 2012. I had travelled with wife and an year old baby and stayed overnight. I booked this hotel, when my search for a budget hotel completed on Hotel Teg Royal", by trusting the worthy reviews and ratings on trip advisor and I found it very true. staff at reception were pleasant, warm welcoming and truly understand the tourist concerns. The room was neat and clean.The food was ture "Ambarsari", reasonable and delicious with good room service. Great wifi Speed

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AeryAulakh
tegroyal, General Manager at Hotel Teg Royal, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Guest(s)

we thanks for your valued and encouraging feedback and pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and assure you of our best and prompt service always.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Not nice, dirt marks on sheet, a hole in the wall open to the elements and one flimsy blanket for the Amritsar winter! No hot water, either. Not sure how it is receiving all these 4* reviews! Underwhelming and best avoided.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
tegroyal, General Manager at Hotel Teg Royal, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Sir,

we thanks for your valued feedback but we are surprised at your comments as in all our standard ac rooms, we provide instant geyser system in wash room and we always aware about our cleanliness of linen and blankets. but if you have any problem then you should intimate us to look into the matter.

we are giving all necessary facilities in our standard ac rooms in just Rs.1000/- only but we would like to clear that its not a luxury room, its just a basic room equipped with modern facilities.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Wonderful colonial family home,welcoming extremely comfortable.knowing it was my first visit to amritsar and too that i was travelling alone the hotel arranged for a car and driver to meet me at the airport . nothing has been too much trouble and the family are very much hands on with a strong sense of costumer service.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Sir,

we are very grateful for your valued and encouraging feedback. we try our best ti give our valued guest an comfortable stay.
Amritsar, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Decent location, but I don't suggest wandering around after dark! The neighborhood is sketch, the hotel is okay. Stayed in a room with two twins. The bed was stiff and you could feel ever spring. The bathroom was attached a private which is rare for this price of a hotel in San Francisco. The room faced the road and i enjoyed a lot.it was a golden Time of my life

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest(s)

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Booked through another site and cross checked with reviews on TA which were very favourable however on arrival things were slightly different.
We had booked 2 'super deluxe ' rooms - on the website it claimed they had - Tea coffee maker - not present nor were we offered one, Fruit Basket - no sign, Balcony / sit out - we had a window c/w Pigeons ,Geyser in Bathroom- not present, Iron and ironing board - not present, DVD player-not present, Bathtub-no sign of one, Hot/ cold water-luke warm at best after tap had been running 15 minutes.
The internet didn't quite reach our room so the solution offered was to keep the door open ( not ideal for privacy and of course it wasn't any better ) it did work well in the lobby area but thats not the point.
It was very cold and we were offered blankets some of which which had a damp musty smell and a tiny 1 bar heater ( see photo) which couldn't heat a cupboard and mine broke the second night!
There was a 60 cm hole in the ceiling where the AC unit had been removed and I could see daylight through it ( not ideal insulation)
On the second morning I inspected the heavy damp marks on the wall to find a wispy kind of white fur growing on the walls, not immediately apparent on the white paint ( see photo ) these kind of growths can be a health hazard and should be dealt with asap.
Can't comment on the food apart from the one day we asked for the cereal on the breakfast menu - not possible was the reply.
On checking out we were hovered over by 2 members of staff with feedback forms despite the fact I was on the phone for a lengthy period they kept thrusting it under my nose so I literally had to go outside to get away from them, 10 mins later we left and they had seemingly forgotten about the forms which pretty much summed the place up.
On the plus side it was clean,bug free and not so far from the sights as others have mentioned and quieter than the cut and thrust of the old town but then I can't see why you would want to hang out here in cold rooms in the winter.
The reason we didn't leave was the fact that we literally only slept there as there is lots to do and see and to go through the grief of looking at other places when we only had 1 1/2 days there wasn't an option , having travelled the length and breadth of India there is little point in complaining in places like this as things never get a whole lot better so bite the bullet and chalk it down to experience,its my first negative experience in a month in India but I am puzzled by a lot of the glowing reviews .

Hotel Teg Royal, established in Nov 2007, is the epitome of luxury and hospitality. Exquisite interiors, impeccable service, fine cuisine and contemporary technology come together to create an experience that is both grand and intimate.

This must be a different place as it wash't where I stayed,

Room Tip: Check rooms before deciding as some have no windows.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
tegroyal, General Manager at Hotel Teg Royal, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Sir,

we thanks for your valued feedback and will take corrective action to improve our services as per your suggestions and for hole in the room, would like to clear that its made by suggestion of Blue Star Ltd. for proper circulation of air conditions.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

The hotel do not consider the customers check in and check out as per the timing of the trains,buses by which they arrive in the city but as per laid down practice of check in at 12.00PM.I visited the hotel on 27th November 2012 to 29th
November 2012.The hotels rooms were booked by me well 3 moths in advanced.But hotel management was not considerate for my early arrival and early departure but charged me one day extra for early arrival.Similarly the point which I noted that all the rooms were vecant when I arrived early on 27 th November 2012 in the early morning..Similarly Extra Bed charges which I did not used was also not refunded.(I had paid at the time of booking 3 months before)
Mangement is not having TRUE ATHITI spirit of customer service which I feel is the reason of Vecant rooms in the hotel.
The other room facilities provided are as per expected Standard.
S.S.Dabholkar

Room Tip: Visit the hotel without booking the room in Advance.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
tegroyal, General Manager at Hotel Teg Royal, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

we thanks for your valued feedback and as per your view regarding early check in, would like to clear that we abide by rules or policies of the hotel and you booked the room thru make my trip, so you can say him only to refund you the money, we cant do nothing in that matter.

we always try our best to give our valued customer a comfortable stay and we keep it on.
Bangalore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

First the goods of this hotel:
1. I called directly from Delhi a day before I arrived to Amritsar and they promised to keep a room for me without any payments.
2. I was to arrive early in the morning. But since their check-in is as 12pm they still took me in for a very nominal fee at 6am.
3. My train back was late in the evening. Again for a nominal fee they let me keep the room until 8pm.
4. The hotel staff is very helpful. On my complaint about the room I was given they quickly gave me another room.
5. The hotel gives a complimentary WiFi Internet connection which served me very well.
Now the things I didn't like:
1. The hotel has a very weird drainage system. The drain pipes from the loo run through the room to outside. And they have a drain opening under the bed. And suddenly you have this stink inside the room like a rat has died.
2. Some blankets that I was given had disgusting stains on them.
3. It can get very cold in the winters. I could use a room heater(even at a cost) which the hotel didn't have.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
tegroyal, General Manager at Hotel Teg Royal, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Sir,

we are very grateful for your valued feedback and try to improve as pointed by you and hope that you will enjoy your stay once more in our hotel.