“Be Relaxed In a Rush”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson-Amritsar, Queens Road
Ranked #19 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed June 22, 2010

The plus point of the hotel is its location, Its centrally located, near to railway station, near to the golden temple and the inner as well as outer city. However, located about 15-20 Km away from the airport. But once you are in the city its a nice place for a stay.
Its a nice Hotel Though not very huge but still stylish n spacious enough to be called grand,
It has restaurant which offers quite an extensive menu, however, some dishes were worthy of giving a try n others i would miss.
The pool is a terrace pool, only 5 ft deep, but the view of the entire city can b enjoyed from there .
The Staff here is quite an amiable one & ready to serve, however, the serving staff is not very educated so you may end up conveying your needs in local language. But the same is not applicable on the senior level staff.
There's a reading area which is not very big but still worthy enough to distract you from the rush.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 18, 2010

This is one of the best hotels in Amritsar. Generally i stay near the Golden Temple in their guest houses. This time since I was with my friends we preffered to stay in this hotel. The food was superb and would remind you of the Punjabi culture. Its located in the very good and accesible place. The hotel staff was friendly. All in all good experience and all smiles.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I have stayed in hotels at Amritsar earlier too but this time my stay was extra ordinaryily pleasant and comfortable. I was travelling with my family and my 3 yr old daughter, and some relations from the US. The hotel is child friendly which is every mothers concern while travelling. The food good. The rooms are large well lit and comfortable.
The staff is very helpful and co operative. I will definately stay in this hotel the next time I visit amritsar actuall anywhere I go if there is a country inn its going to be my first choice.
We will all definately recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night, even though I had not pre-booked the room it was more expensive than booking on online. The room was lovely, clean and very local to all the malls. My AC was not working and after waiting for 2 people to come and check it I was moved rooms. The hotel food was deilicious and highly recommended and the beds were lovely and I had the best sleep before my return to to the UK. The only downside was that the manager was a bit slow in dealing with me checking out, also they added things to my minibar which I was not happy about and over charged me, and he was still making me pay for this, which I did not and only paid for what I did use.

ADVICE - Always check your bills they will try and add on extras.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2010

A comfortable new hotel with modest-sized well-furnished rooms. Not in the old city but close. Excellent restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2010

My husband and i stayed at this property for the first time late last month. This was the first time we had been to India, and were very excited to see all that this country had to offer. When we arrived, we were greated by teh friendliest most caring staff we had ever seen. They helped us make the most of our trip, helping us plan our days, to ensure we were able to see all there was to see. the in house restaurant was some of the most delicious food i've had in a long time. it was nice to not have to go out and find a restaurant after a long day of traveling around! all the best to this wonderful hotel, continue to to a wonderful job!

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2010

Very quick and efficient check in. Good size room with large and comfortable double bed. Two comfy chairs plus a desk and chair. Toileteries provided in good sized bathroom. Excellent ambiance in restaurant with friendly staff. Also a coffee shop. Dinner is buffet, Indian or European style or a la carte. Buffet cost for 2 is approx. INR900. Roof top swimming pool. Hotel is only about 4 Kms from the Golden Temple and 34 Kms from the Wagh border. A very good hotel with pleasant staff.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Amritsar hotels
Hyatt Amritsar
#6 of 98 in Amritsar
Hotel Sawera Grand
Hotel Sawera Grand
#2 of 98 in Amritsar

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson-Amritsar, Queens Road? Share your experiences!