Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Amritsar, Queens Road
  • Pool
$62
$49
HolidayInn.com
Hotel Hong Kong Inn(Amritsar)
$30
$24
$59
$42
Priceline
All reviewsrailway stationgolden templequeens roadvalue for moneyswimming poolhotel is centrally locatedrooms are spaciousthe heart of the citycomfortable staybuffet breakfastwagah bordermain roadcheck in was smoothexcellent hotelquality of foodcourteous staffroom service
Reviewed March 2, 2011

The hotel looked new and clean, room was big, bathroom was modern.

I didn't feel it was that close to everything, so we usually used rickshaws. The problem was on the way back (multiple times), the drivers didn't know where the hotel was and had to stop, ask somebody and turn around - even though we had a map with the hotel's name and address written on it.

We've asked about a tour to Waggah, but the quote was much higher than suggested by (a recent) Lonely Planet, so we've arranged it independent from the hotel for about half the price.

But these were really minor problems, I can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2011

A friend and I stayed in a double with twin beds for two nights. The room was very large, clean, nicely decorated and the bedding was extremely comfortable; also, we heard very little noise from the busy street. The internet was free as was a full buffet breakfast. Amritsar's parantha is not to be missed, but the other southern Indian fare wasn't the best. Amritsar is a small city, so the location was not an issue. If I were return to Amritsar, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Though the reviews on tripadvisor were very good for this hotel, I was still hesitant to book because I have stayed in this chain of hotels in the states where they tend to a little iffy at times. So I booked a few individual nights giving us the option to change hotels if necessary. I even had a back up hotel in mind that was farther from the center of the city than what we cared for.

What a pleasant surprise this hotel proved to be!. It ended being the best hotel that we stayed in while in India and far less expensive. The hotel picked us up from the airport as scheduled for a reasonable fee. The check in was swift and professional.

The room way exceeded our expectations. It was large.The bed comfy, not to hard not too soft. Goldilocks would have approved. Free wifi, a desk set up, a hot pot, mini bar two easy chairs, a well equipped bathroom with tub and shower were part and parcel of this welcoming room.

The "living area" had a huge picture window that looked out on a busier street with great opportunities for watching daily life unfold-what a treat in a north India town that is not touristy! We felt we were seeing the real India that is difficult to find in areas such as Agra. We took the opportunity to do a day of R&R in this great hotel. I sat at the window most of the day taking pictures of just that ....daily life, rejuvenating and heart warming.

The hotel was quiet even though our room fronted a more busy street. The floor in our room was wood not carpeting which is probably a good thing in any hotel. The other guests were respectful and quiet during our stay.

The breakfast that was included offered a good variety. The service was tops. My husband likes to try local fare. The staff helped him figure out how to put the combination together. Sometimes they would even prepare a fresher version for him so that it would be the very best Indian food that they could possibly offer. At least that was our take on it. They seemed proud of their food and were please that we enjoyed it so much.

The location was great. The hotel is situated in such a way that we could walk several blocks without crossing a street...a good thing in most cities in India. This allowed us to enjoy local stores, buy from moving street vendors, and get a real feel for Amritsar and its people.

The hotel drove us to the Golden Temple for a fee that we were happy to pay. It was too far to walk even for avid walkers. We went several times. The hotel dropped us off at the gate for the temple and told us how to call them for a pick up later in the day. It all worked out perfectly though we were at first unsure of the plan. They know what they are doing. (There is a park that surrounds the temple that has great walking. Don't miss it.)

Because we were usually out all day, we did room service every night. The young lady at the front desk who checked us in, also helped us when we had some communication problems with a room service order. We explained our situation. She quickly said, ' I will take care of this for you." She did just that-in an instant! We were stunned because we had stayed elsewhere in India where things just seemed so complicated to remedy. We felt well taken care of!

The hotel also arranged a car to take us to the Pakistan-India border closing ceremony. I was concerned about the possible traffic outside of the city and driving at dusk. No problem because there was virtually no traffic in the countryside, and we were easily back before dusk. It was well worth experiencing the ritual. We were pleased with the hotel arrangements.

We are independent travelers but like a little TLC from time to time, and this hotel delivered it. We would return to Amritsar and this hotel in a heart beat.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We booked a package with sightseeing and dinner at this hotel and thought it was a great value for money.

The hotel has a good location, with plenty of small shops around. Our room was a positive surprise - it was large and the furniture was comfortable and modern. The room was very clean, but the bathroom could have been a bit cleaner.

Both the hotel's restaurant and café were good, but I felt that the buffet breakfast and dinner could have been a bit better (there was not so much to choose from). Some of the bevarages were very pricey.

Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful, but many of them were slow and inefficient, and some had problems understanding English (including the staff at the front desk and at the restaurant). It took us almost half an hour to check out, despite (or maybe because of) three to four people handling our bill.

Overall, I did like this hotel a lot and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2011

While in Amritsar, I visited the Wagah border, Golden Temple and Jallianwala Bagh. The hotel arranged transportation for me to the Wagah border at a very reasonable price. The hotel is close to the Golden Temple and Jallianwala Bagh, so I was able to visit the temple at sunset and sunrise, which are both spectacular. The restaurant served delicious food at a reasonble price.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo