Sharma Guest House
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$67
Agoda.com
$59
$51
HolidayInn.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Had booked(paid in advance) a Delux room after reading the reviews in Tripadvisor. But was in shock on reaching there....
We reached there late in the night, upon reaching there came to know that the owner had forgot to keep a delux room vacate for us, so were given the option of staying in a semi delux room and then would be shifted to delux room the next day.
As I entered the room, I was almost thrown back by the overwhelming wall of stench wafting from old bed sheet left to ferment, the pungent odor of rotting food. I had been wondering when I cannot even enter the room, how about staying the whole night. Went to the reception and asked for the owner with whom had all the communications till date.
The owner having A*****l was flying on cloud nine. Without even completely listening to my problem started fighting and abusing. Left with no option checked out of the guesthouse. The advance paid gone in drain...The owner did not even return the advance paid.....

Please don't go by the pictures of the room given at the site, it's just a sample room....
Would not recommend this guest house even to my enemy...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mandeep_singh_79
Reviewed February 27, 2012

In this Hotel you have both centric location with busy roads and the green Jallianwala Park (Bagh) right behind the Hotel. The stuff of this good value Hotel is very friendly, helpful and trustworthy. Run by a family whose son has worked in the West allows the owners to easily understand the needs of Westeners. The costs are extremely reasonable. Convenient are also the two restaurants right aside and owned by Sharma Guesthouse; they offer a different kind of food.

Room Tip: During cold time in winter you are better advised to not take a room on the top-floor, since it is very cold.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank MonikaMueller
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed at Sharma Guest House early Oct 2011 for 2 nights @400/nite. Walking distance to Golden Temple. Family run, the owners and sons were very helpful and polite. Room and bathroom were clean, no hot water in that room. I asked them to give me white bedsheets second day. No view as it was a single room. Better than many places I had seen in Amritsar for that price. Sindy

Room Tip: They have better rooms which I saw but I wanted a single one so there was not much choice but I was not disappointed.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed for one night with my family in Sharma guest house, peoples are exellent. very helpful. Our train was late, but they arrange a cab for us picking up from Rly Stn to wagha border directly. they made our trip successful. After reaching hotel they told us to take rest as check-in procedure can be done at any time no probs. Rooms are good, AC rooms are new and non-Ac rooms are old but not dirty, its just old rooms.
Golden temple and Jallian wala bagh is very nearest to the Guest House. Just 2 min walking distance

Room Tip: Select AC rooms, just RS 800/Room. Non AC rooms are 600/Room. Room No 33 & 34 (Non AC) are well maintained
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The Sharma Guesthouse has clearly seen better days. Some of the rooms look out onto a lovely garden, and the location is good. However, the room we stayed in was absolutely infested with bedbugs. I have spent almost 6 months in India and have stayed in the very cheapest budget rooms in Calcutta and Delhi. But I have never seen so many bedbugs in one room - which are evident also in the smears of blood on the walls. We slept under a mosquito net, and it is quite probable that many people waking with bites think they have been bitten by mosquitoes. After a power cut, the lights came back on and revealed about a dozen large bedbugs on us. We left the lights on all night to minimize the bugs coming out, so we didn't get a wink of sleep. Other than that, the fan 'air cooler' in the room had not been maintained and just blew in dust. The bed itself was partly broken. Finally, the rooftop restaurant has long since closed and is now home to a sleeping man and a foraging rat. On departure, when notifying the staff about the bedbugs, the receptionist smiled, shrugged, and didn't even apologize.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple