“Authentic with very tasty food”

Bade Bhai Ka Brothers Dhaba
Ranked #5 of 360 Restaurants in Amritsar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Authentic with very tasty food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Recommended by Lonely Planet, a local's hangout with inexpensive an totally authentic local food (alugobi? was delicious). Has the feel of a slightly neglected fast food venue so not for the delicate minded tourist but worth it.

Visited March 2013

• Polish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Dil maange more!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I visited this dhaba for lunch during my visit to Amritsar. The menu looked promising. Despite me being a voracious eater, I was surprised when I completed special mini parantha thali (2 Lachhedar paranthe, maa ki dal, paneer and raiyata) with some perseverance :P. The thali was loaded with desi ghee and every item tasted heavenly, specially paneer! I throughly enjoyed sweet lassi and gulab jamuns were well done, soft and supple, not too sweet, warm... in short, divine!! My tummy was full, however I wanted to eat more! Ambiance, seating arrangements and hygiene were decent.

• Visited March 2013
New Delhi, India
“very good dhaba”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

we were two family and after golden temple darshan we ate at bhi ka dhaba or brothers dhabha. very good food but there is no air condition. sitting place is also just ok. hygiene standards are not of that mark as its name in amritsar

Visited January 2013
New Delhi, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The worst place to have food in Amritsar”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am currently in Amritsar for a visit with my family for two days. Just could not wait to write about our terrible experience. Just coming back from dinner at Brother's Dhaba. I had read lot of reviews about this retaurant , so we decided to try out the place. We ordered for a Dosa , Mix Vegetables , Yellow dal fry and Roti . Dal was ok types with nothing special to rave about. Dosa was very ordinary types with flavourless sambhar. But the Mix vegetable was really horrible. It looked a bit stale. But we thought only the food is tasteless. But we realized that even the management is tasteless with 'donot give it a damn' attitude towards customer . They only care about money . We had ordered for plan rice. On a first look , the rice were giving 'cooked in morning and kept in refrigerated ' look . When we checked, half were warm and half were cold ! We asked him to warm it , they brought it with much displeasure. But when he brought it again , we just could not think of having it and asked him to take it and instead bring something else. But he deinied saying if it is ordered then thats it ! nothing can be done. While paying bill, we told this to the manager out there . He refused to accept any of what we were saying , but when i told him that we have not even touched it , he offered to waive off few bucks off the bill ! This was the height of insensitivity . We paid in full, including the cost of rice and left the restaurant . With all humility , I just want to say that , if anyone is recommending this restaurant , he doesnot know how an authentic Amritsar food should taste .

• Visited March 2013
solan
“Just OK Food.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

having read a lot of reveiws and heard a loit, i decided to have my lunch at this famous amritsar dhaba and landed up there, the food i ordered was dal makhani kadi pakoda and dum allo, i must say that the food was just ok nothing great you get this food in every dhaba of panjab, but the food was not bad, its just ok ok.

Visited February 2013