“Best in town”

Ranked #8 of 97 Hotels in Amritsar
New Delhi, India
“Best in town”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Familiar hotel, new name/brand. The rooms are comfortable, and we were provided connecting rooms as requested. The breakfast spread was a s good as ever. The rooms are not very large, but they are well-equipped and comfortable. Bathroom amenities could be improved to Hyatt standards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay as it is our constant endeavor to make our guest’ stay comfortable and memorable. Your feedback with regards to the bathroom amenities has been well noted.
We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best attention at all the times.

Bhagwan Balani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Pros - Fairly modern, nice pool, good breakfast, friendly staff
Cons - Tiny rooms with tiny beds, no wi-fi in rooms, fuzzy cable TV, early check-in wasn't available on our visit although pre-requested, business center not equipped with a printer

Location is right on a busy highway next to a modern shopping mall. By car it's 15 minutes from the drop-off for the Golden Temple, 20 minutes from the airport, 30 minutes from the Wagah Border.

Room Tip: Ask for a wi-fi router to be installed in your room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guest’s stay comfortable mad memorable. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and found my team to be quite friendly. The points mentioned by you have been noted and discussed with the people concerned.

We look forward to welcoming you back and assuring you our best services at all the times.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Excellent service and helpful staff. Few minor problems like we were not informed that our car was waiting and we were late for our Wagah trip. Good food. Rooms are a bit small as compared to rooms in other Hyatt hotels across India. The breakfast spread is really nice.

Room Tip: Take the Higher floors - 18 & above.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, October 19, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. My team is glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guests stay comfortable and memorable. I apologise on behalf of Avis team who handles the transport for or guests and assure you that the same will be taken up with them immediately and ensure that such an incident will not be repeated with any of our esteemed guests in the future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I love this hotel and have stayed here twice, but wish it were closer to the attractions in Amritsar. The rooms are beautiful, service is great, and the food is delicious. I've tried breakfast, dinner buffet, and room service and enjoyed all of the meals. I hope since they have changed to Hyatt that things haven't changed. I hope to come back someday.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jennifer B
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, October 25, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. We are delighted to read your feedback on various aspects of the hotel and at the same time have made a note of your feedback and will surely have the same worked upon. We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best services at all the times.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel in late Septermber and was impresed with the very stylish decor, beatifull swimming pool area, great breakfast and the staff were very effecient especially when I couldnt get my Mobile Phone/email to function and they went out of their wayu to sort it for me . We had driven up (8 hours in a car )from Delhi and as my back was hurting decided to use their Spa which was exceptional and I came out feeling like a new person.
A good hotel and would stay there again when next in Amritzar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sofa16
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, October 15, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. My team is glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guests stay comfortable and memorable. We are delighted to read your feedback on various aspects of the hotel and at the same glad that we were able to assist you while meeting expactations. We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best services at all the times.

I and my team look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and hearing from you soon.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Hotel staff is very well behaved and Its a very nice hotel. The room and the bathroom all were very nice and comfortable. The breakfast was also lavish and too good. Nice swimming pool deck and also a mall adjacent to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jasjot33

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. My team is glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guests stay comfortable and memorable. We are delighted to read your comments about our hotel and are happy to know we were able to meet your expectations. We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best services at all the times.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was our fourth visit to the property, but the first since the Hyatt took over. We've had very comfortable stays whilst it was under the Ista banner - and Hyatt has been able to maintain the high standards of personalized service.

Check in was comfortable. The staff at the front desk was working to upgrade our rooms and suggested we go across to the coffee shop to have some refreshments and breakfast whilst they did so. The air conditioning in the coffee shop was not really effective, and this is something I have experienced during my previous stays as well.

We got very nice rooms and the house keeping and room service staff was responsive, efficient and very prompt. The rooms are well equipped and very comfortable. The front desk was quick to respond to anything we asked for or about.

At 4.30 we headed for a spa, and that was a bit of a disappointment. There was a gentleman at the counter. After making us fill the standard forms, he escorted my husband towards his massage room. As I was having a scrub, he said we would need to be in separate rooms and I would need to wait. After about 5 minutes he walked me to the ladies changing rooms, came in, opened the lockers and casually explained the dress protocol for my treatment. I found that most disturbing- for one the male staff should have absolutely no access to a ladies changing room, for another I certainly don't want a man running me through the process. This is something the hotel needs to address on priority. The treatment was satisfactory and the room and facilities were comfortable. After the treatment finished however I was required to take a shower in the shower stall in the room. Despite waiting for 10 minutes there was no water in the shower. I was then lead back to the ladies changing room where I prayed the gentleman from the counter would not saunter in again and thankfully he didn't. After changing I went and sat outside waiting for my husband to complete his treatment. I assumed I'd have a cup of herbal tea in the interim. After 5 minutes when no one offered the same, I asked if they serve it, to which he replied in the affirmative and fetched me a cup. Clearly the regular staff on the counter was on a break, and this kind and gentle soul was trying to do the best he could, but this is not an acceptable stand by option. I do also want to mention however that whilst I was waiting after my treatment, an engineer and my therapist both came up to me to apologize for the unprecedented water problem, and I am inclined to believe this was a one off thing that probably dies not happen often.

Dinner at the Chinese restaurant was very good. The staff were extremely hospitable and good, and when we mentioned the pork they had recommended wasn't very nice ( everything else was delicious) they knocked 20% off our bill which I thought was a very nice gesture.

The next morning we headed to the Golden Temple through the hotel's shuttle service at 3.15 a.m. In fact the temple visit was really the sole purpose of our visit to Amritsar. The coach dropped us off at 3.45 and said it would be returning to the hotel at 5.30. When we entered the temple there must have been 3000 people or more. There was just no possible way to enter the shrine and be back in the time slot given, so not just us, but nobody from the hotel who had travelled with us were able to get darshan. There seemed to have been some ongoing or upcoming festival which was responsible for such an unusually large crowd so early in the morning, and it would have been useful information for the hotel to have been able to provide us with so as to avoid disappointment .

Another aspect worth considering is that given that the shuttle gets back to the hotel at 5.45-6, and that a large number of hotel guests do infact make this visit to the Golden Temple, it would be convenient for the guests if the hotel started breakfast service at 6, like a lot of other hotels do. Breakfast however, starts at 7, which means either you go to sleep and forget about breakfast, or struggle to stay awake an extra hour or sleep for just a bit and wake up again to get in time for breakfast before it closes.

The spread and service at breakfast was good. We had someone ( I think it was the Duty Manager) come up and ask us about our feedback which he took very graciously. He was very helpful and extremely courteous, almost made us feel guilty about complaining about any of the above.

I have to say despite the glitches, which I have illustrated because I believe this could really be a superlative property if they took care of these tiny details, we had a very comfortable and hospitable experience, and I look forward to revisiting very soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AnjaliKhosla
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Mrs. Khosla,

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your stay with us . I am extremely sorry for the poor experience that you had during your stay .
The points highlighted by you are understandably quite disconcerting. I have taken a careful note of your comments and have initiated the necessary steps to ensure that such incidents are not duplicated with any of our guests in future. I assure you that your recent experience was certainly not reflective of our usual service standards for which we are known for .
I request you to give us another chance to make up for this experience of yours by visiting us once again and allow us to serve you better, this time.

Apologies once again.