“Earlier known as Ista, better experience now”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hyatt Amritsar

Hyatt Amritsar
Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Earlier known as Ista, better experience now”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I went here for a business trip and I was worried about finding a room in Ista. Once I went there I realised the name was changed to Hyatt and ista no longer existed.

I was releived to know that the rooms were available and the people there guided me really well with the option to chose the room according to my need. I wanted some of Hollywood blockbusters and they did help me by providing some of the movies they had.

The rooms were clean and big. The hospitatlity was amazing and the words are less to express the happiness I had.

Though I did not try the food, because out there in Amritsar you'd find some old famous places to have food.

I'd recommend Hyatt to all my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. My team is glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guests stay comfortable and memorable. We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best services at all the times.

Bhagwan Balani

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

this place is in the newer part of Amritsar, a bit away from the main city. And Amritsar is not your regular big town. What it lacks in location, it makes up with great service and a very comfortable stay. other hotels in Amritsar are yet to match most of that. They have pick and drop to the Golden Temple, but when you want to go a bit local, you are on your own. Besides the Golden Temple, Amritsar is all about local eateries, and all that is a bit away.There are hotel taxi services, a trifle expensive, or local transports, which are not entirely reliable. A mall is next doors, if that be any attraction. Best hotel for now, but, like I said, a bit cut off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, October 4, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guest stay memorable and satisfying.
Your feedback with regards to the location of the hotel has been noted .
We look forward to welcoming you back and assure you of our best services at all the times.

Indore, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Hotel is situated very near to Harminder sahib- the golden temple and is very well approachable from all the corners of Amritsar. Very unique experience of a five start hotel near to the shopping mall makes it even more exciting.

The facilities are good, clean and spacious rooms, good ambience, excellent sleep quality, well illuminiated rooms- natural light.

The hotel suffers from one challenge - the transport. It does not have good transport facilitiues. one of the crafters from which we were transported from the airport did not have AC working so the trip of 40 minutes was like hell. the cars are not owned or managed. It is loinked to outside cabs and it makes the entire system very inefficient.

All the good work of the hotel gets mitigated by the poor transport facility, if the traveler has transport of its own then the hotel is very good and is value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guest stay comfortable and memorable.
Your feedback with regards to the air conditioning not working in the Crafter has been noted and the same has been rectified and I am extremely sorry as you faced a lot of inconvenience because of it.
We look forward to welcoming you back and assure you our best service at all the time.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Hotel location is good, it being adjacent to a large mall and near enough to the Golden Temple without the chaos of being in the city center. Although on the small side, rooms were clean and well appointed. We were pleasantly surprised with the ultra comfortable beds which were dream worthy and a reward in itself after a flight. Most noteworthy was the stellar service from hotel staff. They were always smiling and accommodating. I would also recommend the hotel's spa. Prices are reasonable for a 5-star hotel. Spa rooms were luxurious, staffed with good professional therapists and they use high quality spa products. Overall on all fronts, the Hyatt delivered. After a long day out sightseeing in sept weather, it is a relief and joy to come back to a good hot shower, perfect bed and friendly smiles. The breakfast is also awesome. Try the French toast with a dollop of whipped cream and the amitsari tea. Bliss.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, September 27, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are delighted to read your great comments about our hotel and are happy to know we were able to deliver to you the Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. Your positive feedback on various aspects of our hotel is inspiring, thank you for such a motivating feedback. I am glad to note that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guests stay memorable and enjoyable.
We look forward to welcoming you back and assure you our best attention at all the time.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was looking forward to my maiden trip to Amritsar, however had to cancel it at the last minute due to my kid's health taking a turn for the worst. The doctor had categorically advised that we should not proceed with the trip. I was able to cancel most of the trip, but the hotel we booked through Expedia about 48 hours prior to departure ( cancellation policy is 48 hours prior to arrival). I had asked the hotel not to reimburse my credit card, but to hold the funds for me to use when I re-schedule my holiday, however they refused.

I guess most hotels like the Hyatt should look at such scenarios on merit & not blankly refuse like in my case.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank KMahbubani
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, October 19, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, hope your child is well now. We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to the cancellation fees which are applicable for cancelling the reservation. At the same time we respect your views that the same should be relooked. Request you to please help us with your contact details enable us contact you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Bhagwan Balani.
Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

We put up in this place on 15th August, 2013.
It's a beautiful property pretty much in the heart of the city.
The food is great, specially the amritsari tikka & the prawns that's available there. The service is very good with nice cooperative stuff, always ready to attend.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Seems to be the best place in Amritsar. Its a bit off the dirty, chaotic and loud city centre and thus more appropriate for Westerners. Staff is extremely helpful offered us immediately alternative rooms, when the aircondition in our room was not working properly. They have a very nice restaurant with a good variety of dishes. Absolutely clean to western standards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, September 24, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guest stay memorable and enjoyable. Your compliments have been passed on to the team whom you felt deserved recognition for the services provided to you during your short stay with us.