Hyatt Amritsar
  • Room Service
$30
$48
Country Inn
Hotel Hong Kong Inn(Amritsar)
$30
Ramada Amritsar(Amritsar)
$71
TripAdvisor
1,947 results
All reviewscollage restaurantlarge mallgolden templefree shuttleshuttle servicegt roadthe hotel staffrooms are smallamritsaricoffee shoptravel deskrestaurant managerroom servicespecial thanksbreakfast spreadhouse keepingcomfortable stay
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here with my fiance on my bday. The hotel is exceptionally good. The service is really nice. Stayed here for 3 nights. All the special requests like quiet room, high floor, smoking room, king size bed, early check-in etc etc all were fulfilled. Check-in was really smooth.I had requested for an early check-in at 11, I reached the hotel by 1015hrs and the guy at the reception told me that i have to wait for half an hour for the room to get ready. But after 5 mins that guy came to us and he said the room is ready for us to check-in. We felt really happy that we were allowed to check-in at 1030 hrs. The moment we entered into the room it was clean. Bed was nice and cosy. Bathrooms were nicely equipped. The closet was big. The room was neither too big nor too small. The next good thing was the shopping mall adjacent to the hotel. The buffet breakfast menu was vast and was delicious. The staff was courteous and greeted us at every point of time with a smile which i really liked. Although the pastry shop timings were till 2000hrs. But my fiance booked a cake for me which he wanted to be delivered at 0000hrs. The hotel staff somehow managed to deliver the same exactly at 0000hrs which was a surprise for me

A special thanks to the pool attendent named Suraj, who welcomed us very nicely n made us feel comfortable. He personally took very good care of us. So Suraj, keep up the good work n u have been an asset to Hyatt Amritsar.

We ordered dinner and the room service was excellent. the food was delivered in our room before the time which was been told to us. The food was outstanding.

Overall we had an amazing experience and we are happy that we chose to stay with Hyatt for my bday, which indeed turned out to be a memorable experience. The whole staff of Hyatt, keep up the good work and we will be planning to visit you soon. !!

Regards,

Reema and Gaurav.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and service. I am glad that you and your fiancé had a great time staying with us. We are delighted to read your great comments about our hotel and are happy to know we were able to deliver to you the Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. It is our constant endeavor to make our esteemed guests stay memorable.
Your compliments have been passed on to Suraj , the pool attendant whom you felt deserved recognition for the services provided to you during your short stay with us.
We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and assure you of our best services at all the times.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Located a bit outside away from the noisy and dirty old city (which is good!!) this hotel offers international standard. Very tasty food in an excellent restaurant. The staff is extremely polite and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and service. We are delighted to read your great comments about our hotel and are happy to know we were able to deliver to you the Hyatt service standards we pride ourselves on. It is our constant endeavor to make our esteemed guests stay memorable. Your compliments have been passed on to the team here and specifically to the chefs, whom you felt deserved recognition for the services provided to you during your short stay with us.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Ista Hotels was far far better. The service used to be impeccable but ever since it was bought by Hyatt things have really taken a downturn. No ACs in the corridors and elevators its so stifling hot that you feel suffocated. The staff at the reception have no clue whatsoever about what's happening, what are the bookings and what not...Three rooms on the same booking with the same package and checkout done and they still have questions as to whether breakfast was included or not. Worst 5 star hotel experience ever. Will think twice before spending so much to stay here again. Rooms

Room Tip: I doubt there is any good room..
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Saahilsoni
G M, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time to share your feedback. I am extremely sorry for the poor experience that you had during your stay .The points highlighted by you are understandably quite disconcerting. I have taken a careful note of your comments and have initiated the necessary steps to ensure that such incidents are not duplicated with any of our guests in future. I assure you that your recent experience was certainly not reflective of our usual service standards for which we are known for. I assure you that such an incident will not be repeated with any of our esteemed guests.

Request you to give us another chance to make up for this experience of yours by visiting us once again and allow us to serve you better, this time.
I and my team look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and hearing from you soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

On a short break we visited Amritsar for a quick 3 day well set agenda - Wagh Border retreat, Golden temple by the morning and night, shopping at the old city and local food!. We flew in from Delhi and checked in at the newly setup Hyatt Amritsar. Having stayed at other hotels in the city, Hyatt was certainly a notch above - smart lobby, well designed interiors, friendly staff & next to a new large mall. Located at the new corner of the city, the rooms are well designed to optimize space and chic. Breakfast was lavish with very good staff and management even over huge weekend rush - make sure you come in early if staying over the weekend. The individual floor passages are not air-conditioned which was surprising. A regular pickup from the airport for guests would be in line with the city culture. Security checks could get a bit taxing when coming in regularly - but then the paranoia is valid. A stronger check-in and a tourist centre would be convenient. The hotel certainly pushes up the experience in the city, but has more to go when compared to the established Hyatt hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aztec05

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the outset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am glad to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us. Your feedback with regards to the air conditioning at the floor passage has been noted.
Your compliments have been passed on to the team here and specifically to the Food and Beverage and the Kitchen team whom you felt deserved recognition for the services provided to you during your short stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back and assuring you our best services at all the times.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for a business meeting. A brief summary of my trip is lister below.

Facilities: The rooms were comfortable, but not large. Bathroom was also well laid out. The hotel had a very nice gym and pool. There is also a large mall walkable from the Hyatt.
Checkin: Checkin was quick and comfortable. We had a meeting coordinator and that helped get better service
Food: Food was good. Breakfast had a wide selection of Continental, North and South Indian fare. Buffet options for lunch and dinner were extensive
Service: I experienced very good service when I stayed there both from housekeeping and at the restaurant. They were quick and courteous
Sightseeing: They had arranged for a guide named Raj for our tours. He was very knowledgeable and made the trips to the border and the Golden Temple enterntaining

Overall, I had a good experience at the Hyatt. Only a couple of things bothered me there - I wish they had hot water in the shower (and not lukewarm water).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Malluguy77

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and services. I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to make our guests stay memorable and enjoyable. Your compliments have been passed on to the Housekeeping and service team, whom you felt deserved recognition for the services provided to you during your short stay with us. Your feedback with regards to providing hot water in the shower has been noted.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.