Hyatt Amritsar
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$150
$36
Hotel Hong Kong Inn(Amritsar)
$31
$58
$90
$39
1,928 results
All reviewscollage restaurantlarge mallgolden templefree shuttleshuttle servicegt roadthe hotel staffrooms are smallamritsaricoffee shoptravel deskrestaurant managerroom servicespecial thanksbreakfast spreadhouse keepingcomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My parents have stayed at the Ista, Amritsar several times in the past. I generally stay at the Best Western in Ranjit Avenue. However, during my last visit to the holy city in February 2013, I decided to stay the night at the Ista- the first 5 star in Amritsar. I am told that since my visit, the hotel has been rebranded as Hyatt, though the management remains the same.

The hotel is on the right side (before the elevated road) neighbouring the Alpha One Mall (which has the same owner) as soon as you enter Amritsar. I was not impressed by the hotel entrance and approach to the reception. I had booked the room through Cleartrip and made the payment in advance. The check-in was slow and they require you to make a cash deposit/ block some amount on your credit card to cover for your stay expenses. The lobby area is small and crowded.

The rooms were modern and clean though a little small. The bathroom was quite nice though again small. It had a separate shower area but no tub. The buffet breakfast spread was quite elaborate and priced at Rs. 550/- per head. We preferred to have our breakfast and other meals in the city as there are several good eating options in Amritsar.

The hotel runs a complementary shuttle to the Golden Temple thrice during the day, but the timings in the evening are not convenient. However, one can easily call a radio cab and reach the Golden Temple for around Rs. 150/-.

The hotel is better than other hotels in Amritsar but not by a huge margin. However, its tariff is almost double that of the others. I will stay again only if I get a good deal else would prefer to stay in the Ranjit Avenue hotels at half the price!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IshwinderSingh
GeneralManager661, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Mr. Singh,
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We value your feedback and I apologise for the delay in the check in process and the inconvenience caused to you. Your feedback with regards to the check in being slow has been noted and discussed with the person concerned. I assure you that such an inconvenience will not reoccur in future. With regards to the pricing at the hotel it is in par with that of other five star hotels.
We do hope you visit again and give us an opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Having paid for an upgrade to Poolview rooms on 19th Floor, we did not expect to be phoning the duty manager at 2330 hours to complain about the Hyatts own opening party playing loud music from the Pool area and playing flashing lights across our windows. They didnt have the sense to warn us that we would be better round the back rather than paying to be punished ! The next morning we received an apology and the undertaking that we would not be charged the upgrade ! On check out the desk clerk knew nothing about this until he asked, then offered to write off our previous evenings dinner but couldnt include the drinks. He assured us that the upgrade would not be charged. Yes guess what - when we returned to Delhi we were asked to pay the upgrade by our agents because they had been charged and the hotel had told them they had given us meal and drinks. Simply not true the bill we settled included the drinks ! It has taken a lot of pressure to get them to concede that they were wrong in putting us in the rooms in the first place knowing they were about to throw a party and wrong in not telling the truth to our agent and therefore us ! They need to get their act together because the place itself is fine,the staff in the restaurant are excellent, as is the breakfast. Pity about the management on the day !

Room Tip: Check if they are having any kind of outdoor evening event/function because the venue seems to have the stage facing the rooms overlooking the pool with consequent noise/light issues.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank edwin t

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your valuable time to share your feedback. I am extremely sorry for the poor experience that you had during your stay with us. The points highlighted by you are understandably quite disturbing. I have taken a careful note of your comments and have initiated the necessary steps to ensure that such incidents are not duplicated with any of our guests in future. We deeply regret that we fell short in our service and were unable to provide you with the experience we pride ourselves on.
I request you to give another chance to make up for this experience of yours by visiting us once again and allow us to serve you better, this time.
I and my team look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back and hearing from you soon.
Apologies once again.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here when it was Ista, then attempted to check in during Mar13, not realizing management had changed hands and that made my check in a real long drawn process. They made me look up my mail box to ensure I did have a booking! The rooms are good, bathrooms brightly lit, great complimentary breakfast but internet is a great let down- they only offer wired connectivity (at least that is what they did last time I checked in- Mar13). Over all this Hotel is a good property, adjacent to a mall that offers varying food and shopping options. They have a basic gym that is opened on request at any time. This Hotel is great if pricing is around Rs,5000 level per night including breakfast and may be complimentary internet!

Room Tip: Not sure but may be rooms closer to the elevator and facing the mall may be better. I have stayed twice and on each occasion had a room facing the back road and nothing much to see.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your feedback on the same. I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us as it is our constant endeavor to keep our guests comfortable and satisfied. Your feedback with regards to the check in being long has been noted and discussed with the person concerned and I assure you that such an inconvenience will not be caused in the future. Your feedback with regards to the Wi-Fi has also been noted and we are working on the same. Am happy to share that we have an introductory offer valid until August 2013, priced at INR 5500 + taxes onwards, the price is inclusive of breakfast along with wired internet facility. The price is subject to change.
I and my team look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Amritsar and assuring you our best services at all the times.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

What a welcome was this hotel, we couldn't wait to get in the pool, which had spa facilities, some of the jacuzzi areas were out of order but we had the whole pool to ourself.
The rooms were very clean and comfortable.
Food in the hotel was first class as was the massage suite.
Next door was a shopping mall, to be quite honest not worth bothering with

Room Tip: Go for a suite if you can stretch to it
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your feedback on the same. I am very glad to learn that you had a wonderful and comfortable stay with us. Your feedback with regards to the Jacuzzi has been noted and discussed with the person concerned and I assure you that such an inconvenience will not be repeated in future. Your compliments have been passed on to the Chefs and the Spa therapists whom you felt deserved recognition for the services provided to you during your short stay with us.
I and my team look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Amritsar and assuring you the best attention at all the times.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here when it was Ista Amritsar.
This hotel was just as you would expect a 4/5 star hotel to be. It didnt disapoint in any way.
Furnishings all high quality, on par with western standards. Room was beautiful, very clean and very large. Bathroom was decorated in beautiful marble. Room equipt with minibar, Phone, Tea and coffee making facilities, safe and flat screen TV . There were robes and slippers in the wardrobe
Staff were friendly and each one greeted you with a smile.
Location was great. Close to the bus station. The hotel shuttle bus dropped and collected us from the Golden Temple free of charge.
It was approximatelty an hour from the pakistani border and the hotel helped us arrange our day trip to the daily ceremony.
Food was great also.
The pool was spectacular and there were attended changing rooms where you were provided with towels.
Couldnt fault the hotel in the slightest.
Would definitely stay here again. Worth every penny!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us sharing your valuable feedback. I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us and found all the furnishings to be of high quality and rooms to be clean. Your compliments have been passed on to the team whom you felt deserved recognition for the services provided to you during your short stay with us. Thank you for sharing such a motivational feedback.
I and my team look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Amritsar and assuring you best services at all the times.