“Poor”
Review of Hyatt Amritsar

Hyatt Amritsar
Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Amritsar
Reviewed April 8, 2013

...Poor service in restaurant. Poor front desk service. Average maintainance in the rooms. Not good value for money. Raddison near airport is better. Good location for city shopping. Waiters are rude.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Diljeet C
Subhrajit B, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your feedback on the same. I apologize for the poor experience you had during your stay . I have taken up the issue of rude behavior with my entire team very strongly, but would request you to elaborate on your feedback to help us address this better . I would request you to send me a mail at subhrajit. bardhan@hyatt.com .
I look forward to welcoming you to Hyatt Amritsar.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hyatt Hotel in Amritsar is one of the best hotel in Punjab. You feel like a king when you stay here. All things are nice but One major problem at the hotel is no WI FI in the room. Rooms were clean and as described on the website, however you could be on conference in any international hotel anywhere in the world. Great interior

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your feedback on the same. I am glad to note that you had a comfortable stay, loved the interior of the property. You felt like a king while staying with us, such inspiring comments are very motivating for the team.
Your feedback with regards to wifi has been noted and we are working on the same.
I look forward to welcoming you to Hyatt Amritsar.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a very efficient hotel which is quite impersonal, recently taken over by the Hyatt group. Rooms were clean and as described on the website, however you could be on conference in any international hotel anywhere in the world. It really does need to make its mark somehow. No complaints about anything except cool verging on cold and clinical, reception staff. I would have liked to see that they enjoyed their work. Food is good,but not exceptional, with a variety of dishes from around India and Europe.
I understand there are other good hotels but not as close to the modern shopping mall that is next door to this hotel.

Room Tip: Mostly rooms are of a sort, clean and functional
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

Thank you for your feedback, I have noted your comment regarding lack of warmth among our teammates .I have taken this up with my team, I would like to assure you that we enjoy our work and are known for our friendly and warm interactions with our guests .
I look forward to welcoming you again and experience the authentic hospitality of Hyatt Amritsar.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

You feel like a king when you stay here. Spic and span, nice ambienc, decor and near to Alpha mall, u can go for variety of food in the adjoining food court. Spa experience was very refreshing and energising.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Subhrajit B, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our property and sharing your feedback on the same. I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed your stay .
You found the property to be spic and span, nice ambience, decor and near to Alpha mall.Your compliments with regards to Spa experience has been passed on to our Spa team as you found the same to be very refreshing and energizing.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My second stay at this hotel. The hotel has been rebranded to the Hyatt and service has improved just a little bit. Lovely clean rooms, restaurant ok with hotel prices. One major problem at the hotel is no WI FI in the room. Come on Hyatt get your act together.
Otherwise good hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floor away from lifts
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Subhrajit B, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for staying with us at Hyatt Amritsar once again and taking out your precious time in evaluating our product and services.I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay and found the rooms to be quite clean, and your feedback related to the Service has been discussed with the person concerned.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went in a Holiday week of Holi. We were not expecting it to be so crowded. But after all that exaggeration, with a small baby, this Hotel was like entering in another comfy world!!!

My wife loved the place and the baby was happy too! I didn't even have to miss my workouts for even a single day! Gym is awesome! Food is awesome!

From now we will always stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Subhrajit B, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the outset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hyatt Amritsar and sharing your valued feedback on the same. I am glad to learn that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. Such inspiring feedback is really motivational for my team here. The Golden Temple is a blessing for the entire holycity, as several Pilgrims visit it on daily basis.
I am extremely happy to know that your wife loved the hotel and your baby also had a comfortable stay with us, as it is our constant endeavor to make our esteemed Guests stay a memorable one.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

From what I had previously read on Trip Advisor I was expecting a slick, well run operation and this is exactly what we found. What the hotel lacks in character it makes up for in the way it is run. The hotel is spotless and everything works like clockwork. The only real complaint we had was that the hotel has no wifi in the rooms and so one is forced to hang around in the lobby to do email etc. also, we were irritated at having to pay for Internet given that this is widely given free at lesser hotels in India and this is, after all, a premium hotel. Hopefully Hyatt will address both these issues now that they have taken over this hotel.

The rooms are extremely comfortable and well appointed. There is a large, good quality bed with feather pillows and excellent shower with plenty of hot water. While the room is small, there is enough spacesuits a comfortable seat and work area. There is a flat screen TV with a good selection of channels. We could find no fault with the rooms.

The hotel serves an excellent breakfast with a huge selection of international and local dishes.

The hotel is located a short distance from the town and Golden Temple which are easily reached by motor rickshaw. We dined in then town at Krystal and Narula's, both of which were very good and about 10 minutes from the hotel. For the less adventurous, the Alpha One mall is right next door to the hotel where a range of fast food outlets can be found plus some premium shopping.

All in all, the hotel met our needs and we would have little hesitation in staying here again. We spent 4 nights here.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Subhrajit B, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your feedback on the same. I am glad to learn that my team served you with true hospitality and care, that we are known for.
You found the rooms to be extremely comfortable and well appointed, large, good quality bed with feather pillows and excellent shower with plenty of hot water. Such positive reviews are quite motivational for my Team.

Warm regards,