“Nice hotel”

Ranked #8 of 98 Hotels in Amritsar
Hyderabad, India
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Booked it online - positives are its nice to find such a large modern hotel in a small city like amritsar, its clean, well kept and the staff are good. negitives - no wifi - for such a large hotel its a surprise, its a bit away from the tourist attractions - though they have shuttles 3 times a day, and the hotel can get crowded - we were there during easter weekend and it was as full as can get - though the staff was still able to function well - something not all hotel staff can do. Its just moved from the Ista label to Hyatt and the transition seems to have been smooth, food at the restaurant was good - slightly higher priced. check in (9pm) and check out (5am) were smooth, the website did not show the two day pricing but only reflected one days cost - if we were not prepared for that it would have been a major shock - some one better look at the hotel website in case its a persistant problem. overall am giving it a good rating cause it was so comfortable in a city that could be so hectic, the staff and decor though not super attentive and luxerious are adequate. Its a hotel I would definitely come back to. Look out for the pseudo 11th to 19th floors - its actually only about 10-11 floors high they just start numbering them as 10 etc after the 1st floor : )

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Subhrajit B, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

I thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hyatt Amritsar and taking out your valuable time in evaluating our product and service. It is very pleasing for me to note that you a wonderful stay with us. As indicated by you, I have noted your point related to the website and I assure you that you won't face such problem again .
I look forward to welcoming you back at Hyatt Amritsar and assure you our best service always.

Warm regards,
Subhrajit Bardhan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
UK
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel is located about 20-25 mins from the airport, and a 10 min drive from the centre of Amritsar. It was a good, clean modern hotel. The rooms were really nice with great views if you weren't directly looking at the shopping mall next door, but having this next door was a bonus as it was nice to have a wander around there. The rooms were also relatively quiet considering the outside noise. The restaurant was also good, and had a decent menu, we enjoyed the food we had there, but beware of the amount of chilli they use, it's worth asking for less chilli or no chilli if you don't want your lips on fire. One nice touch is the staff in the restaurant kneel down to take your order or to speak to you, so come down to your level, rather than you having to look up to them all the time. The pool area was really nice, but was really crowded on the day we arrived due to a wedding party, and there wasn't a lot of shade. Overall we would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Subhrajit B, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hyatt Amritsar and sharing your feedback on the same. I am happy to learn that you had a comfortable stay. As indicated by you, you found the restaurant to be quite good with a decent menu, enjoyed the food but you found the chili in the food to be high, your feedback has been noted and discussed Head Chef.
Once again, I would like to thank you for your candid feedback and for recommending our hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you at Hyatt Amritsar.

Delhi
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Great place to stay, very good neat rooms , good ambiance and above all a very courteous staff. Breakfast is amazing. Location is a little on the outskirts of the city hence getting there is a constraint..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hyatt Amritsar and sharing your valuable feedback on the same.
It gives me immense pleasure to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us. As indicated by you, you found the rooms to be very good, neat, good ambience and above all a very courteous staff. I am blessed with a very positive and enthusiastic team which is always ready to make the guest comfortable and satisfied. I have passed on your compliments to the Chefs as you found the Breakfast to be really nice.
I look forward to welcoming you back at Hyatt Amritsar.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nice things first:

The location of the hotel is great, bang on G.T. Road and a comfortable drive to the Golden Temple. Being connected to a big mall adds to the grandeur of the place. This is something Hyatt has acquired as a fixed asset and will truly be one when promoting the property. The rooms are nice and bathrooms too are well lit by natural light though one feels are slightly smaller.

Sadly, this is where the nice things end and the trauma of acquiring ONLY THE ASSET begins since the Human capital is something which requires a huge investment (both hiring and training). Picture this, you walk in to the hotel (without a reservation) where the rooms are available on all channels of sale (website, call center) and the front office says, "the rooms are available but I can't give you a room". This at 1645 hours in the evening, way past the delayed check in time of 1400 hours. I asked the front office person to make me speak to the manager and upon checking, he said he's busy and will come out shortly (which never happened).

Disgusted, we stepped out for a bite to the mall next door. Since the internet wasn't working, I booked myself for a room through the call center (very prompt and efficient service). I again called the front office and shared my confirmation number and advised them of my arrival in 15-20 minutes and please have a room ready for me. To my expectation, upon arrival the room was still not ready and after the paperwork we were made to wait in the lobby for another 15 minutes.

Service too is nothing to write home of since for everything that you would ask, the response was usually "I'll get back to you" which was usually unattended to and you wouldn't get that response. Some examples below:

1. I'd asked for a anti mosquito spray to be done in the room which didn't happen (they placed a liquidizer machine in the room instead). Thankfully due to our small daughter, i carry one of my own and had to spray myself upon our return late night.

2. I called the day of the departure for a car wash to the front office and they said the usual "I'll check with the valet and get back to you". I'm still waiting for the call.

The checkout (1130 hours) was no different than the check-in with huge crowds at the front office with only 2 people taking care of check ins / check outs and the entire process taking over 30 minutes. As earlier, no senior person was present to take care of people and talk to them to ease their frustrations. In the hospitality business, is the bare minimum that there is someone always engaging and connected to the guest to maintain the traveler experience at desired levels.

Just by virtue of no other 05 star property in the city, it could be a default option but surely not the hotel of choice for me on my next travel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Amit74
Subhrajit B, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking out your time in evaluating the same. I am really sorry to note that you had a bad experience while staying with us . Your feedback with regards to the room reservation, room not being ready, team response not satisfying , all these points have been taken up very strongly with the concerned person and I assure you that such an inconvenience will not occur in the future as it is not our normal standard . Please accept my apolpgies once again.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Amritsar.

Best Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 30, 2013

After several days in cold hotels and guest houses, Ista was a pleasant stop.
Located next to a large mall, it provided a safe way to stretch your legs in a safe and clean environment.
The rooms were comfortable and had good views of the surrounding area, from rural views on one side to city scapes on the other

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

At the onset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and Hyatt Amritsar and sharing your feedback on the same. You found the ambience to be quite comfortable as it is our constant endeavor to keep our guest comfortable and satisfied. Such positive reviews are very inspiring for the Team.
I look forward to welcoming you back at Hyatt Amritsar.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We spent two night the breakfast was excellent the room too the service very good
I didn't give excellent as the location is poor out of the town near a mall the connection to the town is available only very early and late
I agree that an hotel at this level should have Internet available

• Stayed March 2013
Greetings from Hyatt Amritsar!

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hyatt Amritsar and taking out your valuable time in evaluating the same. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your compliments have been passed on to the Chefs as you found the Breakfast to be excellent .
I look forward for your continued visits and I assure you of the best services at all the times.

London
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a well-appointed hotel that charges too much for an internet connection bearing in mind that wi fi is not available in the rooms. Despite that, our stay was pleasant enough until check out.

I discovered only after I had left the hotel that my card had been charged in my home currency without my permission. At every stage in the transaction the total was shown in INR. The truth was disclosed only on examination of the tiny print that appeared on the side of the transaction slip, though the total is still displayed boldly in INR. Because the exchange rate used by the hotel is worse than the rate used by the credit card companies, the net effect was to add 3% to my bill without my knowledge or consent.

I would never stay at the Hyatt Amritsar again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank pwex
Subhrajit B, General Manager at Hyatt Amritsar, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset, I would like to thank you for choosing Hyatt Amritsar for your stay!

I have noted your concerns regarding the Wi-Fi internet connectivity in the hotel and the related charges. I would like to inform you that we are working on providing Wi-Fi internet in all areas of our hotel and hope that we will have this is place when you visit us the next time. Our internet charges are at par to the internet charges in most luxury hotels, but we would certainly review the rates and see if it can be made more value for money.
Regarding your departure experience, we have charged your card in Indian Rupees and the charge slip shows the conversion in your home currency for your kind reference. All Visa and MasterCard credit card international transactions universally use an automatic system called DCC (Dynamic Currency Converter) which helps in fixing the conversion rate of the transaction date. This service guarantees that the guest is charged correctly for the conversion rate of the transaction date as the same is controlled by Reserve Bank of India. My team should have informed you about this while processing the charges through your credit card. Please accept our apologies for the slip up.

Please allow us to make up for this experience of yours, by visiting us again. I assure you a memorable stay with us the next time.

I look forward to welcome you back to Hyatt Amritsar.

Warm regards,