“The best food at midnight”
Review of Crystal Restaurant

Crystal Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 369 Restaurants in Amritsar
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In a city steeped in tradition, from its historic buildings to the commercial activities, there is only one family owned restaurant that has endured for 80 incredible, edible years. Crystal Restaurant opened its doors in Amritsar in 1935. Crystal's authentic brand of multi cuisine cooking became a staple in the city, and has continued in their tradition spanning more than three generations. Crystal has also served many beloved stars from Bollywood, sports, business and society. Today, Crystal has remained an iconic family owned and operated business, where friends regularly come to enjoy tasty sumptuous meals, celebrate a special occasion or share in a romantic evening out in our cozy, inviting restaurant & lounge. The sophisticated yet intimate ambience is just a prelude to the pleasures of the exquisite cuisine complimented by extensive and carefully selected wine cellar.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The calorie gorging continues. This time I was taken to Crystal at the edge of Lawrence Road. Since we arrived past 11 I expected to be hounded and pushed to eat in a desolate eatery. To my surprise the place was packed (the official closing time is 11:30 pm). Thankfully the hosts had made reservation since there were 11 of us. The food was of good quality but nothing to beat Kesar Da Dhabba. In particular I thought the rotis and the naans were of mixed flour, something I wouldn't expect to eat in the state knows for its wheat. The mutton and chicken dishes were outstanding and that is the main reason I upped my rating. But at midnight the staff was courteous and relatively in hurried compared to what I expected. I would strongly recommend this if one is looking for a late meal.

There are newer reviews for Crystal Restaurant

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very popular restaurant in a central location.
Service is pretty efficient and quite friendly.
Food is absolutely fine, but not particularly memorable. There is a wide selection if you are trying to accommodate a variety of tastes. Good value for money.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My second visit after 2006.taste remains the same and the interiors are impressive.
We ordered Veg Manchow soup along with Veg Triple Fried rice and two of us cant finish off the plate , tells a lot about the quantity.
quality wise good.
price wise quite Mumbai rates (100/- for soup and 330/- for rice + taxes)
i was surprised by the guy on counter whom I complimented about the good time we had, but he had no expressions to thank us (......perhaps he had a bad day)
don't miss the Kulfi just outside the Crystal restaurant ....Superb at 50/-

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We went here late after the Golden Temple ceremony and the place was bustling and filled with locals at 11 PM. Wide menu of local cuisine, attentive service and a clean bright space. Probably among the nicest meals in Amritsar suitable for tourists.

1  Thank hepadoc
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Good restaurant and reasonably priced. Range of different cuisines including traditional Indian dishes and international options so good if your party has varied tastes. Clean and well presented. We would go back.