“decent stay at competitive rates”
Review of Hotel Grace

Hotel Grace
Ranked #42 of 96 Hotels in Amritsar
New Delhi, Delhi, India
“decent stay at competitive rates”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

we stayed at Hotel Grace for a night and a half , i.e. we checked out at around 10 PM on the next day. The hotel is very conveniently located , wakling distance from the golden temple. The owner had honoured our request for ensuring good hygiene on arrival, as we had our 4 month old baby traveling with us. The bathrooms were clean, and the room was nicely done. We did not have any complain during our stay.

However, the manager came across as largely apathetic, who did not even bother to smile as his guests passed him. While he was accommodating enough to give us an extended stay till 10 PM the next day, no receipts were given to us as the management wanted to save on tax. Hence, tax avoidance is the primary reason why the hotel appears cheaper as compared to other hotels in the same category. I am a little uncomfortable with the management avoiding service tax.

Guidance on places to see is something we all expect from the person sitting across the counter. But our questions typically only elicited terse replies.

I would still recommend this hotel to people traveling on a tight budget and valuing convenience of proximity to the golden temple.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed April 21, 2013

After comming from Dharamshala, I stayed in Hotel Grace. I wasn't expecting that it was so close to the Temple, which made it a perfect place to stay. The staff was very helpfull, they even helped me when I got sick, they helped me booking my train and taxi and they advised me for many other things. The room and toilet were very clean and I slept very well. Luis from Portugal

Room Tip: Stayed on the top florr, which was very calm.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hasselt, Belgium
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Friendly staff, rooms are clean, the Golden Temple is literally around the corner. Free wifi. Very friendly owner who wants you to have a comfortable stay at his hotel. You get free chai while surfing on the internet at the reception ;-).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NathC1980
Shellharbour, Australia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had prebooked this online based on Tripadvisor reviews. What a disapppointment.

Dirty sheets, wet & dirty towel, dirty bathroom, and overall not very clean room. There was no wifi in-room and I was not given another room after request. I paid 845 INR/night and during my backpacking in India, I've had much better rooms for 400 INR/night.

Yes, the location is good, but there are plenty of hotels in the neighbourhood.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank ElmoEnsio

Travelers are raving about these Amritsar hotels

Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I am from Germany and I stayed 2 days in the Hotel Grace. A friend form UK recommended it. And this was a very good advice. The hotel just next to the temple, not 1 minutes to walk. The rooms are very nice and very clean. I had a quit room on the back side to a very fair price. The owner of the hotel and his stuff is very nice and helpful. They helped me to book my flight tickets and with some other things as well. You have free Wi-Fi and if you need, you can use their PC for free. This is a very very good adress to stay. I had a really nice time here. I can recommend this hotel 100%.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Maria W
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The location is what makes this a great choice. It is literally a 3 minute walk to the golden temple which is perfect for early morning and nighttime viewing. The rooms are decently clean. Best part is the free wifi. It's you get a room on the second floor you can even get wifi in your room. Also be sure to ask for a room with a window as the other ones smell very musky and damp.

• Stayed March 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in January and expected that it would be budget but for the price thought that the rooms would be of a better standard. We were apparently updated to the best room however it was very shabby and the bathroom was dirty. On the plus side it is in a great location. You will def be able to get a better hotel for the money in Amritsar !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple