“Cheap and not the best”

Ginger Nashik
Ranked #6 of 54 Hotels in Nashik
“Cheap and not the best”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed at the Ginger Nashik for 1 night. It was nothing more than a cheap room for the night. The few paoitives were that the staff were courteous and there's enough parking space if you've got a car.

One thing which upset me was that I was asked to check into a room which had clothing and luggage lying around.

The breakfast was nothing great to write about.

This is an okay place to stay if you are on business, on a budget and need something for the night. Not really recommended for an extended stay.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank joyviyer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
india
Reviewed September 9, 2012

In all my trips to nasik, I have always preferred staying in Ginger and Ginger only because, this way i dont have to worry about the quality of hotel at all, being Ginger. Ginger Nasik as all other Gingers' is a great safe and secure place for stay. You dont have to worry about anything and is one among the best Budget hotels in India.we got a good deal from make my trip which was
very attractive.we had booked for 2 twin bedded rooms which was confirmed by the hotel reservation department but on check inn we were given 2 double bedded rooms as the hotel was completely sold out.on our request they gave us 1 twin & 1 double rooms.what i mean to say that the hotel reservation department should be more careful while allotting rooms as per their guest confirmed requirement and not to their sold out policy.
Food is Good and worth the money shelled out.

All in all a great hotel to have quite getaway. A great chain from Indian Hotels.

Room Tip: no view from all rooms all rooms are same.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
mumbai
Reviewed September 3, 2012

A no frills but clean and efficient hotel. One of the rare instances when lower tariffs do not translate into shabby hospitality. The stay started with a quick check in. The room was spacious, very clean with a comfortable bed. The staff was helpful and courteous. The Coffee Cafe Day outlet attached to the hotel proved to be very useful - it served us coffee even at 6 in the morning! The check out was smooth too.
It is easy to reach as it is located on the outskirts of the city. Go to Ginger if you are looking for an efficient, value for money, no frills stay as there are limited options for food and no indulgences at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed at Ginger recently. One of the best options in the city. Neat and clean and decent food. The staff is courteous and friendly. Centrally located and easy to access. Sensitive to single ladies travelling alone! To top it, lovely weather in Nashik made my stay a pleasure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Mumbai
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Clean rooms with TV,tea coffee in room, complimentary bottled water. A seperate water dispensar and iron on every floor. Cafe coffee day menu in the room.Helpful staff.quick check in,check out. Good breakfast. Bid double bed. It was a good experience. Towels were not white but then we had carried our own.

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Ginger, Nasik is a great hotel giving more than value for money. Good breakfast and polite staff in addition to neat clean rooms. Operates on the principle of self service - you lift your own luggage, collect your own newspaper from the pantry, etc. Complimentary mineral water in rooms was an added bonus. Overall, a very pleasant experience

Room Tip: Try taking the upper floors which will afford privacy even when the blinds are left open
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I checked in bit late around 8:30 pm and the check-in process was quick. However, I was supposed to get free wi-fi internet for which I was told that the password will arrive as SMS on my phone number. The password hasn't arrived even today!! I have reason to believe that this wasn't a one off experience as there was another guest who checked in hours before me and was at the reception asking for the Wi-fi password.

The room was just as expected big enough just to accommodate a bed and a table. A small LCD and a mini bar was also accommodated somehow though.

The hotel is located on Trimbak Road which makes it ideal for people wanting to visit the holy Trimbakeshwar temple. However, its a bit outside the main town and there isn't anything around. You do have beautiful green hillocks for company closeby though.

Another issue I faced was a request for late checkout as I got stuck in long queues at Trimbakeshwar temple. They initially allowed me to keep the room till 2 pm but I couldn't reach the hotel even until then. As I had packed my luggage before leaving, I asked them to take out my luggage and check me out of the room. For this, I was told that as my dinner bill was pending, so they can't vacate the room on my behalf and will charge me for half day. Finally, when I arrived back at hotel, they had a change of heart and let me go without paying for an extra half day.