“Nightmare at Check-In”
Review of Ibis Nashik

Ibis Nashik
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Nashik
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We checked in to Ibis for the Sula fest & given that they were completely booked for the weekend, the staff surprisingly looked shocked with the number of people who were waiting to check in. In fact, the staff at the reception looked like they’d been caught unaware that people actually turned up with for their reservation! But the hotel it self was like any other Ibis. The bar was tiny & breakfast was served partially indoors & partially out. There was plenty of choice for breakfast & omelets & dosas were available on order. Our room, despite being on the smoking floor didn’t smell, the bathroom was tiny but cute, the bed was quite comfortable & the room had a kettle for tea/coffee as well as a safe. In terms of location as well it was perfect for visiting the vineyards. A good place for Nasik though the prices were a rip off during the fest week!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MeghaChaddah
RohitAhuja, General Manager at Ibis Nashik, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

We thank you for having posted your comments on Trip Advisor.

Please accept our apologies for the delay you had to face while Checking In. At the same time, I would take this opportunity to assure you that we have taken appropriate steps to prevent future occurrence.

We are also delighted to learn that other than this ,you had a pleasant stay with us.

I am sure that this feedback will provide direction to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be pleasant than the previous one.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I would like to say that the Nashik Ibis maintained correspondence with me after the trip and ensured me the best of their services as always and that felt good, they took into account the few things I did not like and have given me their word that they will take care of it, in saying that
Pros:
CLEAN all round rooms, toilet the hotel in General
Beds are comfy and you get an excellent nights sleep,
Rooms have the basics(4 star amenities) flat screen tv, kettle, safe, etc.
The bathroom is small but super clean and minimalist ( I love that )
Easy to get to and quite central
The staff are helpful.

Cons:
The breakfast was the only meal I ate as I was there for 1 night only and it was not that great.
The buffet looked good the afternoon I checked in but I didn't try it.

Besides that I had an excellent overall stay and would go back again for sure.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This was my first stay in nashik,

I made a choice for this hotel as I was going to attend sula wine festival.

When we arrived.....

Firstly the staff is very nice and polite , hotel looks nice and gives you a refreshing feel.

About the rooms.

The room was nice with all the standard amenities with a window , safe, mini bar(filled on request I guess)

The toilet is clean but looks as they have fitted ready made cubicles of toilets and biggest issue was I couldn't find a exhaust in toilet. But it was okay.

In evening we sat in bar which down the lobby which is also nice and bartender was very cooperative but again I didn't get thums up or coke only pepsi was available which was a bit disappointing.

We ate in the hotel te food taste was really very nice and good quantity and at a reasonable price as per ibis worldwide.

Sleep quality was excellent no disturbance what so ever.

Breakfast was in open and of very good quality , although more options needed.

Rest it was a nice experience

Finally to add the travel desk is very cooperative, I had gone to sula festival and I was dropped there by my personal car and I completely forgot about pick up, so I called ibis and they arranged me a car in few minutes and confirmed me drivers numbers speedy.

• Stayed: February 2013
RohitAhuja, General Manager at Ibis Nashik, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at IBIS Nashik on the Republic Day weekend for two nights with my wife and 8 year old daughter. I have to say that it was a mistake. The room is very small. The bed was also small and would barely accomodate two adults. The bathroom is tiny tiny and looks like a makeshift one or one in planes. The rooms are clean and nice. The breakfast is decent and the restaurant also has option for a buffet dinner.

Service was ok. Check-in/Check-out process efficient. Housekeeping related requested /Issues were handled promptly.

All-in-All, it is OK for a single person travelling for business. Though I would not prefer this hotel even if I have a two day business trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nirajp

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback!

As you have rightly mentioned, ibis hotels typically cater to business travelers – and while our rooms are designed for 1 or 2 people at the most, we will certainly take your feedback into account and work on developing a solution to help traveling families staying at our hotel.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

First and foremost, although I have said not a happy stay but it could be disastrous one.

Had a swift check in at almost 11:30 pm. The room no 428 which was allotted to me was very small. I have been staying in numerous business hotels but I found this room tiny. Room was clean and neat. But seen a crack on the wall... Unusual for a new property.

Menu card which was kept under the tv didn't have much to offer.

In d morning, I realized toilet flush wasn't working. And I realized it quite late :-)
Did bit of struggle but eventually I gave up and asked for help. The guy came in ten mins and took another ten mins to fixed it. Well, that's a new experience for me.

Bathroom was equally small and there were no toiletries except soap ( hotel policy is to charge nominal rate for it. Eg. For dental kit rs 60 etc ) but when I raised my discomfort, I got it without any charge.

Breakfast was ok.

Restaurant staff was well mannered.

That's all from Nashik.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank shreyansss

Dear Guest,

We thank you for having the comments on Trip Advisor.

It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service & facilities. Our room and bathroom sizes are standard globally and have been designed after extensive market survey, ensuring maximum utilization of available space. This helps us minimize the costs and pass on the savings to our valued Guests.

It is our constant endeavor to provide consistently high quality of service to all our valued guests and their satisfaction is paramount for us. Your concerns regarding your experience have been duly noted and all possible corrective measures have been taken to serve our guests better.

Conscious that any explanation cannot completely erase the unsatisfying experience you have been through; I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Even if people suggested that this is a business hotel , I stayed at IBIS with family.
The hotel is excellent even for visit with family.

The rooms are very good. The service is excellent. Food is also good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great place to stay for business travellers. Posh and clean, good ambience, spic and span bathrooms, and comfortable bed. Well lit up and gives a good fresh feeling. Breakfast and Lunch and Dinner quality is also good. Staff is good and helpful. The receptionists are the only problem they look confused. But overall recommended.

Room Tip: nothing in particular