“Fond memories of Devlali”
Review of Deolali Camp

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Deolali Camp
Ranked #2 of 5 Shopping in Nashik
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I passed my VI & VII class from Devlali KV-1 in the year 1965-66. My father was in School of Artillery that time. We had our residence in Devlali camp near Bhagur village where weekly Sunday market was a must visit. The climate of the place is really awesome. Today I am visiting the place again after 48 yrs as a holy pilgrimage to my childhood place.

10  Thank Rathaur

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Yes, I was born in Deolali, a paradise, a hill station, It has several army establishments including the School of Artillery of Indian Army and nearby Air Force station, and the residential Barnes School. Visit anytime, The Climate is so perfect and you have a variety of choices when it comes to shopping, the famous Levit Market is all you have to visit for your clothing needs, its a must visit place and has many other attractions such as Temple hill, Devi Mandir { temple }, Windmills drive etc

9  Thank Dinesh N
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A must do thing in Nashik. They charge around Rs. 600 for 5 minutes. But definitely worth it. One would have to inquire and register in advance. Being an army area, the Gliding area may not be open for civilians all around the year. Hence a call beforehand is always helpful.

23  Thank Neha M
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Deolali is the location of an army sanatoriium that became a hospital dealing with the traumatised soldiers of Britain's colonial wars in India. The name of the town became associated with the patients in the hospital and "going Deolali" an army term for those a little bonkers.

Most native speakers of English know "doo-lally" as a slang term for derangement but few know its origin in the hill station.

Among the many more recent buildings there are old bungalows from the colonial times. They are in many different states ranging from restored to dilapidated.

We thought it worth a visit and enjoyed driving around the town.

13  Thank Boulbon
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have been coming to Deolali or Devlali since I was a kid...I have photos of this place when I was about 3yrs...and in the last 2 yrs this is my 3rd visit. The weather is just SUPERRRR esp for us Mumbaikars...we usually rent a bungalow which is provided by our Kutchi community...its called Devji Khetsi Arogyadham. Its got 40 row houses and a huge garden for kids to play, track for walk, lot of open space and greenery.

You can completely unwind from your busy and super fast paced Mumbai life...and during winters the weather is just AWESOME!!!

An evening walk to Camp is a good exercise...though there are just 3/4 lanes where you might have some activities to be done, but its better than doing nothing at home.

Nearby from Devlali is a Gargoti Mineral Museum...it possibly is one of the few privately owned museums in the country. You can google this up to get more details....its about 25kms from Devlali located in a small village named Sinnar. Its a must visit place.

Overall Devlali is a place which I will definitely keep coming for years to come!!
Hope you visit there too...

33  Thank VivekGala