“Excellent Resort to stay in Munnar”

Elysium Garden Hill Resorts
Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Munnar

Excellent Resort to stay in Munnar

We stayed in this resort during our Munnar visit.I would like to share my experience as Excellent property, nice location also maintaining a wonderful garden.
Also they are providing Excellent service's ever had very co-operative, helping F& B Manager Mr.Bijo & staffs.
We stayed in an Executive room it was awesome, tidy, privacy & we spent lot of time in the balcony only.
I would recommend everyone visiting Munnar to definitely stay at Elysium Garden
Hill Resorts !! Once again Thanks for excellent services.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank anishakv4u
Management response:Responded March 29, 2012

Thanks!!!!!!Thanks!!!!!!! We look forward for you and your Friends for stay in our resort to serve you better. Once again thank you very much for your commend.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We had stay at ELYSIUM during our honeymoon. The resort is located on the hill top and hardly 1 KM away from the bus stand.
The front dusk gave us a warm welcome when we arrived at the place. The rooms are big and comfortable and the bathrooms were clean.

The service was good and could cater to our slights needs.
The breakfast was the best and good taste.

This resort is just wonderful…………. Thanks to all for everything

Room Tip: cottages are superb........
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anuvijayan
Management response:Responded March 29, 2012

Thank you very much for your honeymoon stay in our resort and the good words spoken about us – itself is our reward – wish you wonderful life ahead.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We 2 couples had booked this resort for 2N/3D from the 2nd week of October 2011. We had a great time out there. The staff was very helpful and very attentive, specifically Mr. RAJESH & SUDHEESH. The food was very delicious. They served us a typically kerala cuisine for lunch which was awesome. Even the breakfast and dinner was very good. The staff at the restaurant took care of us like their own family. The resort has a very beautiful location, if you are a nature’s lover than it’s a nature’s paradise. We stayed in their Garden View Cottage, the rooms are quiet big and the bathrooms are very clean with latest fittings. It was a nice, short and cosy stay at Elysium Garden Hill Resorts whose memories would always bring smile on mine and my friends faces...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded March 29, 2012

Thanks a lot!!!!! Your good words are really encouraging and motivating. Your smile is always with us also. Please come again have a good time.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

though it was not up to my expectation.. was good.. staff at the reception were very receptive and helpful, room was clean and neat. It is located away from the munnar town but well connected. though the name says garden resort, in reality no garden or resort look, but located between the hills.. scenery is amazing.... only problem we had was the food, breakfast is good but dont order nonveg. overall stay was comfortable didnt have any problem, staff are very helpfull....

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank dsr_dr
Management response:Responded March 29, 2012

Thank you very much for you stay and good words about our staff, service, maintenance of room and breakfast. The commend on the non veg item we have noted the matter and taking maximum care. Thank you and invite you once again to our resort to have a nice time with us.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

Number of persons = 4 (two couples)
Rooms booked = 2 executive rooms @ INR 2800 / night for each room through cleartrip.
No of nights stayed = 2

Entry into the resort:
From Munnar take the top station road, drive for approximately 1.5 km and you will see a sign board of Elysium Garden Hill Resort. You have to take a sharp hair pin bend on the left to reach the resort.

First Feeling:
The words "resort" & "garden" in "Elysium Garden Hill Resort" are for marketing. I was disappointed to see a regular hotel (in no sense it can be called a resort). Reaching there and parking the car was smooth.

Check in Experience:
As soon as I entered the reception area, i could smell the typical strong room freshener perfume which in my opinion was not at all great. Filled up the check in form and was given the room key. One of their staff member accompanied us to the rooms. The rooms were on ground floor, pretty small and dark with no balconies. I was extremely disappointed again and asked them that I would like to talk to their General Manager as I was not expecting this kind of room for such an inflated rates. They talked to their General Manager and were pretty kind in upgrading me to a so called deluxe room that was on 1st floor. We were happy that we got the rooms at least on 1st floor where there is some good ventilation and a small balcony and somewhat nice view of the mountains.

Room Quality:
As soon as I entered the room, I could again smell the strong perfume that had already started a headache for me. The rooms were somewhat clean but were smelly. What I felt was to hide the smell of the room, they use more and more perfume. The more they use the perfume, the less they will need the room to be cleaned. The perfume that they used was a wet perfume. Because of the wet perfume, the room can easily smell bad in long run and that was what i was feeling. It was a terrible smell created from combination of perfume, wet dirt and not sufficiently cleaned rooms.

The toilet/bathroom was clean but was smelling terrible. My friend was searching for the towels in the bathroom and told me that while doing so he opened the door below the wash basin. The area was terrible, i don't want to describe.

I complained about the smelly rooms, and after a short while the house keeping guy came with a wet perfume. I told him not to put any more perfume as I was already having a headache. He left after switching on the exhaust fan of the bathroom. I opened the windows and door of the room, but had to live with the smelly rooms. The white blanket sheets were not so clean.

While sleeping, I applied the Vicks vaporub all over my nose, fore head and throat so that I could avoid getting the bad smell of the room and sleep easily. Early morning 5 o'clock, I could hear the loud sound of the motor that was used to pump the water to the top tank. Its sound did not allow me to sleep more.

Food Quality:
Very less items in the breakfast buffet.
Worst quality of food ever experienced. Very sour rotis, when complained, they told that the atta was spoiled and offered to get us fresh rotis.
Very sour lassi (this happens when the curd is kept open for 2-3 days).

I preferred to roam around for the entire two days and came to the resort just for sleeping. Overall I felt that this was a 1 star hotel property with a 3 star hotel marketing strategy and 3 star hotel prices. They need to improve a lot in terms of room and food quality. A total run down place, needs a total revamp.

The staff was very courteous and helpful as in any other hotel, but could not do much to improve my satisfaction.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Roaming_Bond
Management response:Responded March 29, 2012

We are very thankful to you for your kind visit and stay in our resort. We were shocked to see your review in trip adviser because we were so sure of our warm welcome and service we offered to you in many aspects

Regarding the room we want to tell you that we have allotted to you a room in an executive category room as per our tariff. Since it is in the ground floor you counted as standard room. Considering your request and considering your comfortable stay in our resort without charge anything extra, we upgraded your room to a Twin Bed Deluxe Room.

Regarding the bad smell you indicated the room, we would like to inform you that on that day our occupancy was 90% and no other guest made any complaints about the smell. Still we are sorry for the inconvenience caused you in this regards. The room is surrounded with TATA tea plantations. If at all any bad smell came from the surrounding area it was beyond our control. Usually we check up the surrounding area to keep it neat and clean. On that day if there was a bad smell may be from far away which was carried through the wind.

Regarding the food part we are sorry for the inconvenience, in your food order Chappathi (Rotty) was included as an item. As you mentioned the thickness of the Chappathi was a bit more in size.

Regarding the less items in our breakfast buffet, we would like to inform you that we serve items like – two south Indian or north Indian dishes (iddly, dosha, puttukadala, idiyappam stew, palappam stew, channa battura, stuffed parotha etc), toast or plain bread with butter and jam, eggs to order (omlete, bullsaye, scrambled egg etc), Fresh fruit juice (grape, pineapple, water melon, orange etc) and coffee or tea. It seems this is a decent and modest breakfast.

Regarding the room freshener we were using the products of M/s. OXYCARE. Their products are being used in all major hotels in Kerala and it is a bit costly. We are sorry for the fact that it did not suit to your body combination.

We invite you once again to our resort to convince you At Our Cost.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

I had come from bangalore to elysium gardens with my collegues, for 5 days.. The resorts location is fabulous . Major credit goes to.the staff there,they were so attentive to our needs and arranging everyting for sightseing of munnar.We had a great stay there.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Sunehris
Management response:Responded March 23, 2012

Wonderful…..
Thank you for the wonderful and sincere words of appreciation about our Resort and you stay with us.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

It’s one of the best Resorts with best hospitality in Munnar. We went there for honeymoon and enjoyed over there very much. Rooms are really beautifully arranged with all facilities and bathrooms are well maintained and clean. We were treated very well during our stay. Mr. SUDHEESH was very friendly and he planned our trip very well. We will come again to stay Elysium Gardens.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RinuSeb
Management response:Responded March 23, 2012

Thank you very much for your encouraging words of appreciation and we will keep it up.