“A very enjoyable stay”

Igloo Nature Resort
Ranked #83 of 105 Hotels in Munnar
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I stayed at the hotel in the first week of April '10. I was accompanied with my wife and a two yr child. All of us had a great time.
The hotel is around 8 kms from main Munnar. It is surrounded by hills and the view is very beautiful. There is also a small kids' area.
One area of concern is the service. They take lot of time for room service as well as in the restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
ManagementIgloo, General Manager at Igloo Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2010

Thank you very much for your valuable comments.Looking forward for your next visit along with your friends and relatives. We will be at your service at any given time. Please feel free to get in touch with us for any assistance you require in future.
Vimaligloo.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

We stayed in this hotel during our honeymoon. Good place with no frills. Rooms were clean, decent and spacious. Food was ok. Buffet breakfast though didnt have many options but was nice. Restaurant was not very good so we preferred room service and liked the food. Rooms were not very costly and hotel gives good value for money. Overall I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Hotel is 10 KM far from main town. Its a great hotel in terms of service, food and location as well. Food quality is good. We loved this hotel during out stay and would recommend others as well.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Very reasonable when compared to other hotels. but far from the town

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2010

One thing me and my partner should tell “Igloo – Something Unique in Munnar” . We just completed 3 night stay here for our Honeymoon. Here I experienced entirely different ambiance which I never expected. Me used travel a lot and used with the different categories of Resorts and hotels.

We reached Igloo after 3 hours drive from Cochin Airport. By the time reached there in reception, we were really tired. Noticing this we got entered to our room quickly and all the formalities of Check In was done after our refreshment. That point itself I feel very comfortable as from the bottom to top each and every staff are showing professionalism in handling situations.

Our room was of Executive Category with individual balcony giving great view of valleys. Rooms were so spacious with lovely interior. In the hotel courtyard we familiarized with verities of trees which were named so as to get awareness for the person who seeing it. Till late night we used spend in the garden area which is maintained beautifully and facilitiesd with hammocks and sitting benches in corners.

All 3 days we had food from their restaurant and which was really delicious. Everybody will like Igloo and its atmosphere. Here for all kinds of accommodation visitors will be getting the options like Honeymooners, Family and Children. Before leaving from the resort I made room reservation for My Parents, they will be visiting Munnar in the Month of May. I am sure like me they also will love this resort and I am pretty much happy with the Hospitality of the entire crew. Definitely will recommend Igloo to others

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
ManagementIgloo, General Manager at Igloo Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2010

Thank you very much for your good & point vise comments.Looking forward for your next visit along with your friends and
Vimaligloo.

Reviewed March 21, 2010

This is a hotel which is located at "Downhills" of munnar. It is quite far (half hour drive) from main munnar. there are very less reviews on this and therefore i had very little choice but to select this hotel. It is a very basic hotel, with only necessary amenities. No luxuries. Food is pathetic. the biggest draw back it is far from Munnar, hence u feel stuck @ hotel, no restaurants around nothing, but a view from the room which looks at the munnar hill top.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aayushi
ManagementIgloo, Manager at Igloo Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2010

Dear Ayushi Madam,
Thank you very much for your excellent point wise review of our resort !! . First of all I would like to inform you that, most of the established hotels are very far from the main Munnar Town. I am sure that you could not be getting any good nature view from the town. But as all rooms in Igloo are valley facing all of our guests are getting good scenic beauty of Mountains from their rooms' balcony itself.

I really apologize for the inconvenience caused in the food part and I am very sorry to say it was happened occasionally. I request you to give another opportunity to serve and make you happy soon.. .

Reviewed March 13, 2010

I Could spend Three nights at IGLOO Munnar recently . Double Room and Cottage were excellent. Room service was found to be excellent and behavior of staff was pleasing. They served us with delicious food including Spicy Kerala Chicken curry And complimentary breakfast was fantastic.Unlike other hotels at munnar IGLOO has a lot of play area for children including a children park. Even though Igloo is 12KM away from Munnar town it's location gives us a lot's of happiness with marvelous valley view and climatic conditions. I certainly recommend you guys to stay at IGLOO MUNNAR .

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
ManagementIgloo, General Manager at Igloo Nature Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2010

Thank you for taking your valuable time to review us and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Igloo . We really appreciate your kind words about the food and service , Do come back with friends and relatives to enjoy your holiday with Igloo again.