“terrace garden is excellent”
Review of Las Palmas Munnar

Las Palmas Munnar
Ranked #44 of 97 Hotels in Munnar
jaipur
“terrace garden is excellent”
Reviewed June 11, 2009

we viisted munnar in may this year. las palmas, a newer hwe stayed a new property at devikulam on thekkady road. h the hotel staff was friendly and the location was not good rm front view but as you go on the terrace on top floor the scenery at back is gud. the food was good and it was a cheap and good visit. it wud be better if they have fans in the rooms.

• Liked — staff behavour
  • Disliked — front at main road which is busy
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank naveenjain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Mumbai
Reviewed June 4, 2009

WOW This was really a heavenly feeling and would take you into the cloud 9, need to be here in Munnar to experience the weather just right for my family, especially my little one who would complete 2 years in July, cool and fantastic much to our delight as we just travelled through the hills and tea gardens, stopped on our way to enter the tea gardens, the scenic views really takes you into another world far , far away from the hustle, bustle of the fast mumbai life, need not say much, for you would love the Las Palmas hotel for the location it is in, people are very courteous and are ready to help you anytime, The hotel staff makes you comfortable first, ensure you relax and then complete the formalities as we had already done our bookings in advance.
Accomodation was good and rooms spacious, no AC but climate being cool you would never think of an AC.
Food was good, variety is the spice of life, we were treated with good breakfast and the dinner was fantastice followed with desert.
I would surely recommend my friends , colleagues and relatives to visit LAS Palmas and have a ball of a time.

• Liked — Location the Hotel is situated near to the city and the main road.
  • Disliked — Floor Carpet was too small in the rooms.
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank XavierH
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed December 23, 2008

The hotel location is lovely, rooms are clean and with nice decoration. Food was good (of course spicy since you are in India). Hotel staff were very friendly. They have a very nice roof garden. The air is so fresh and the scenery is awesome.

• Liked — Views
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Chennai
Reviewed November 6, 2008

My wife and I stayed at Las Palmas for 2 days while at Munnar. This hotel is located about 5-6 kms outside Munnar town on the Munnar-Thekkady road.
The thing I appreciate about the hotel is the staff courtesy and attention while being unobstrusive at the same time.
The room we were given looked out over a small cleft / mini-valley behind the hotel. In the distance were the western ghats....a pleasant & serene atmosphere.
The room itself was very nice & cozy, big enough with a clean & well maintained bathroom with hot water....the weather outside was nippy with some rains (it being towards the end of the monsoon season)....but we did get a whole day without rains that we used to explore around.
The in-house restaurant had a nice selection of breakfast buffet menu with fruit juice. The quality of food was very good. My only complaint was that for the dinner buffet, they have a limited selection of North-Indian items (the waiter mentioned that since they have a majority of north-indian guests, the menu was limited to avoid wastage). I did like the dinner on day one, but the next evening, I preferred to have south-indian food and so we went to Munnar Town for dinner.
No one disturbed us in the room for the 2 days that we stayed there. The reception had a couple of indoor games that we could borrow and play in the room. They also have a separate games room with carrom & table-tennis.
The hotel was completely full when we were there and several families with kids staying there.
The roof-top of the hotel has a fabulous view where we took a few pictures. The reception offers to arrange for a candle-lit dinner on the roof-top for the guests (at some extra charge I guess....I dont know since we didnt ask for it).
I had to make an urgent international call in the evening on day one and was surprised to find that they didnt have international calling facility (only NSD calls could be made from the reception - not from the room). I suggested that they provide ISD calling in future. I had to walk for about 10 mins down the road from the hotel to find a STD/ISD calling booth to make the call.
They do have internet browsing available near the reception, but unfortunately during the couple of days that we were there, the internet connection was down (unreliable BSNL internet connection according to the hotel staff)
All in all, we enjoyed the couple of days at Munnar and I would recommend this place for someone staying with their family / couple only getaway...not recommended for business travellers with their lack of business-friendly facilities, but then I guess someone travelling to Munnar would hardly go there for business :-)

• Liked — Room cleanliness, staff courtesy & discreet service, breakfast menu, restaurant ambience
  • Disliked — Lack of internet & international calling facilities. No outside calls could be made from the room.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2008

Las Palmas is a nice clean, comfortable hotel just outside Munnar, with some great views. The best thing about the hotel is the restaurant, the food is delicious and it's so cheap. The worse thing is the noise. We stayed in a room right by reception and it was so noisy with other guests checking in and out and kids running around. Also, the room smelt and felt a bit damp, though to be fair it did rain most of the time we were there so everywhere was pretty damp. If you stay here, ask for a room away from reception.

• Liked — The restaurant is fantastic
  • Disliked — Noisy near reception
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Hyderaabd
Reviewed July 29, 2008

Hi Everyone!!!! I went to stay in Las Palmas with my husband in the July, 2008 for four days. We booked the hotel about 2 months in advance.. Reservation process went smoothly... We arrived on th designated date and were very happy to see the hotel. First good thing about this hotel is that it is amazingly clean!!!! No trace of dirt, insects or any garbage. The decor of the hotel was also very nice. We were ushered to our room within minutes. We took a room on the top floor 'coz there was a beautiful terrace garden, which offered a nice view. It was maintained pretty well. There was a sling where I used to read and listen to music everyday.... the hotel staff was polite and courteous. Our room was cleaned everyday as expected by us. Now the weak points.... The restaurant doesnot offer a variety of food. Food was Ok!!! I think the hotel should improve their restaurant. Another thing that bothered me was ROOSTERS/HENS in the adjoining huts... They start making noise at 3 or 4 in the morning.... It made it very difficult for me to sleep... result!!! we had to sleep with the windows closed. Another bad thing is that the hotel is situated on the main road.... so all the vehicles especially buses and truckes honk like CRAZY!!!! again a problem for light sleepers like me... couldn't take my nap in the afternoon.. My husband loved the hotel.. infact he said that he would like to come back again. I will also like to do the same....

• Liked — The Room
  • Disliked — Location on the main road-noise pollution
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Awful. The sheets and towels were stained. By this time I gave up complaining about the filth because no one cared. The housekeeper asked if I would like another set of towels, which I said yes to, they never arrived! The bathroom has no hot water and the tiles on the floor were dirty! I was afraid to step on the bathmat by the bathroom door and I kicked it into the corner of the room to get it's filth away from me. The waiters in the restaurant stood around to stare at me while I tried to digest their greasy food. At one point they invited the chef out to stare at me along with them. Dirty tableclothes, dirty napkins and extremely rude staff in the restaurant! I felt as though I was on display with them staring at me during each meal. Several items on the menu that I ordered were unavailable. I finally asked the waiter ' what exactly do you have from this menu?' He pointed out about 3 items - that is what I had to choose from! I complained at the front desk, only to have the front desk person say to everyone who passed by that I am unhappy. He told other staff members 'she's unhappy' and he even told me ' your unhappy'. At least he was perceptive enough to realize my unhappiness at Las Palmas, but he made no attempt to make things any better.

• Stayed May 2008