“Filthy”

Ranked #44 of 97 Hotels in Munnar
New Jersey
“Filthy”
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Awful. The sheets and towels were stained. By this time I gave up complaining about the filth because no one cared. The housekeeper asked if I would like another set of towels, which I said yes to, they never arrived! The bathroom has no hot water and the tiles on the floor were dirty! I was afraid to step on the bathmat by the bathroom door and I kicked it into the corner of the room to get it's filth away from me. The waiters in the restaurant stood around to stare at me while I tried to digest their greasy food. At one point they invited the chef out to stare at me along with them. Dirty tableclothes, dirty napkins and extremely rude staff in the restaurant! I felt as though I was on display with them staring at me during each meal. Several items on the menu that I ordered were unavailable. I finally asked the waiter ' what exactly do you have from this menu?' He pointed out about 3 items - that is what I had to choose from! I complained at the front desk, only to have the front desk person say to everyone who passed by that I am unhappy. He told other staff members 'she's unhappy' and he even told me ' your unhappy'. At least he was perceptive enough to realize my unhappiness at Las Palmas, but he made no attempt to make things any better.

• Stayed May 2008
1 Thank atthejerseyshore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bangalore
Reviewed April 11, 2008

Las Palmas is a quite, nice place to stay, yet at affordable price. The people there are very courteous and helpful. The food provided is customized to your needs. Overall, it is a fantastic stay for 3 nights. I would strongly recommend Las Palmas to anybody making a trip to Munnar (in fact I am planning one now).

• Liked — Quiet ambience, courteous staff
  • Disliked — Nothing really, may be a little bit of accented English
  • Stayed May 2005, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sanatan