“Amazing homestay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munnar
Rose Gardens Homestay
Ranked #6 of 203 Munnar B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2013

From the minute we arrived we were greeted with a big smile and we were made to feel at home.After droppng our bags in our large clean room, we were served home grown coffee and jackfruit. Little touches like these, throughout our stay, made Rosegarden worth every penny. Tomy and his family were wonderful and the Food was amazing. We even got a mini cooking lessen and food tour of their garden. We thoroughly recommend staying here.

Thanks Tomy and Family

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sponchen
ty0258, Owner at Rose Gardens Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you very much for being with us and happy to know that you had a wonderful stay at our tiny accommodation and I am delighted that in enjoying all of my tips, suggestions our homely breakfast.
Tomy and Family

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had had many problems finding accommodation in Munnar. My family and I had arrived in low season but in school holidays and we tried around 10 different places that were all full. We were therefore relieved to find that Rose Gardens had vacancies when we called on the previous day to check some details with them. We booked 2 rooms and informed them the time that we would be arriving. We arranged a taxi in the morning and made the 12Km journey out of town to Rose Gardens at a cost of 500INR.

When we arrived at the agreed time the gate was padlocked and no one was around. We had to hang around for 1 hour in torrential rain waiting in vain for someone to arrive to let us in. We borrowed someone’s phone and tried on 3 occasions to call the owners without success.

The place is extremely expensive at 3500INR and has none of the lovely tea plantation views that are available elsewhere in Munnar.
In the end we called 2 other hotels that were also full and had to take a 4 hour journey to Kochi instead.

Thank you a great deal Rose Gardens. Your professionalism should win awards.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank howsey51
ty0258, Owner at Rose Gardens Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
You booked one night on Sunday, I will ask you what time you arrive, you answered evening.Because off low season, we all go to the church. You coming early and not telephone to me . My church is 5 minutes from my house. Service only 45 minutes.You coming this time, I think this is not any mistake from our side.
You feel angry, I think you are a angry man. If you stayed my house more problems happen, So your decision is good.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The rooms are functional and clean and the location is quiet and interesting.
We had dinner every evening and it was the best food we had in India. Rajee makes sure no-one goes hungry and showed us how to prepare some of the simpler dishes.
Tommy took us on a short hike to the local tea plantation where we met some of the people who worked there and toured (at their request) their houses. We considered this to be one of the highlights of our vacation.
Tommy and Rajee's sons (Deebu and Deepak) provided great service and entertainment even if their parents did not always approve.
I will put the Rose Garden on my agenda every time I visit this area of India.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cyanwood
ty0258, Owner at Rose Gardens Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Sir & Madam,

Thank you for your precious time for this valuable review and I take this opportunity to express all of our sincere gratitude for being with us.
Thankyou, Tomy and Family

Reviewed June 1, 2013

They took care of us when we got sick, and helped arrange all our travel needs. They had great food, and even used home grown ingredients. Amazing garden, sweet people, comfortable and modern stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paolo C
ty0258, Owner at Rose Gardens Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thankyou Paolo, we do only normal things. You feel happy. Thankyou for your Excellent review posted.
Tomy

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was comfortable and we enjoyed sitting on the balcony looking over the garden.
All the food we had was fantastic and the family treated us as if we were their special guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna B

Thankyou Anna, for your Excellent review.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed one night (too short!) in February 2012 and we liked it a lot. Very welcoming, very good food prepared by the family. Rooms are rather functional, but clean (we had a room on the first floor). The garden around the house is very beautiful. Good b&b in India in a very nice region.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thankyou France Julia,
Happy to hear you will enjoyed your stay in my house.We can see another time.
Best wishes. Tomy and Family

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had booked a "Deluxe Room" for only one night and we had decided to move around Kerala a lot during our short stay.

We never got to see what a "Deluxe Room" was, since we were parked in the basement, with a view on the electrical generator (or sthg), the ground and the stairs to the parking - not quite the view. It was so humid the room was awfully stinking and damp, so we couldn't sleep at all. The bathroom was not so clean, and hot water was a chance we were hectically granted for very few instants.

I have been traveling a lot around India and I have stayed in very basic (if not terrible) places. But in such cases I have never paid more than 200Rs/night. Here, they were charging 4000Rs for the double room and wanted to charge 1600Rs for an extra bed (basically an old mattress on the ground)!!!

I believe the rooms upstairs were nicer (although we did not have a chance to see them) - but they preferred to give them to tourists staying for a longer duration (which is understandable but they should have then informed us of the quality of room to be expected, and adapted their price accordingly).

However, it must say indeed this is a genuine homestay, managed by a lovely family (and the sweetest kids), and delicious home-cooked food (although a bit too meaty - to please westerners- for the vegetarian I am).

Room Tip: Ask the ones upstairs!