We enjoyed our stay at Mundackal Plantation Home Stay very much. It was made unique by our welcoming hosts, Jose and Daisy Mundackal, who are outgoing and happy to share insights into their lives and the plantation life.
Rooms are large and air conditioned. Wi-fi is available. Daisy’s cooking is superlative. She provides abundant, diverse food, with multiple tempting desserts. Because of its rural location, we arrived by car. They treated our driver well.
During our stay of several days, we participated in various activities (organized by Jose) that kept us occupied and interested:
- Tour of Mundackal Plantation with Jose who showed us various plants, explained rubber processing, and shared his stories of growing up there
- Cooking class with Daisy, chatting while learning to cook local recipes
- Visit of the Elephant Orphanage to watch the morning bathing of elephants (visitors were not allowed to help in bathing when we were there)
- Birding at Thattekad Bird Sanctuary with an excellent English-speaking guide
- Tour of local cardamom factory (owned by Jose’s friend)
We had a great time at this beautiful property.More
- Free Parking
- Breakfast included