All reviews hot water place to stay nice valley view holiday home big room excellent view room service was good every evening visiting munnar cockerel balcony tea mountains clouds indian climate
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stayed in The Shamrock Hotel, Munnar for three days this September,2010. The Hotel is in shabby condition and my overall experience was very bad. It is very surprising that such an ordinary hotel has rating of 4/5 on makemytrip website. This is seriously tarnishing the credibility of prestigious company like yours.
Problems faced:
1) Unpleasant locality: The Hotel is located right in middle on the slum. It is surrounded by small huts from all four sides. Drunken brawls can be clearly heard from some of huts in late night.
3) Unhygienic Kitchen: Kitchen is in terrible state and looks very unhygienic. Kitchen of nearby huts would be in better state than this one. Just have a look at the kitchen before check-in and decide it for yourself. We decided to eat outside most of the time after we had a look at it.
4) Rooms are stinky. Rooms 203 and 204 both had a very unpleasant smell.
5) Management is non-responsive. I tried contacting the Manager(Mr. Mohan) through MakeMyTrip. Although he assured MakemyTrip that he would contact me in next 30 minutes to address our problems, I did not hear back from him for next 3 days.
6) Food: There was no restaurant operating at the time of my stay. No lunch is served in this Hotel. Only breakfast and dinner is available. Although the room service is excellent.
2) Long stair case: One has to climb lot of stairs in order to reach the parking area from his room. I stayed in room 203 and I had to climb 61 stairs one way .

Nearly Hotels like Copper Castle, dashadan, HolyHock are much better options.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2010

The place has a awesome location....every room has sit out on one side..you can even view the misty mountains n a part of tea gardens from your room itself. Rooms are very spacious with all the required amenities. Most important to discuss is food....gr88 food in my whole South India trip.Vegetables are fresh from the farm n one can feel that freshness while having the food. I was delighted to stay there.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Our stay in Munnar was the best part of our trip to Kerala.

We had a ground floor room towards the edge of the property. So we had a great view from the room itself. Inside, the room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms were pretty new and in good clean condition.

The best part of the stay was the food and the view. I don;t remember there being a menu. For breakfast we used to get idli, dosa, coffee/tea, toast, jam, bread, omletes. For dinner we tried various kerala dishes. One day it was raining a little and we asked for pakodas and tea. It was awesome. The cardamom tea is really good. All the meals are brought to the room. They would come setup the table and come back to clean up. The service was really good.

If we get a chance we will go back and stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2010

there can never be an experience ever remembering than this one
the ambience and service was great to make a perfect pleasure holiday

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Beautiful place to stay there , even for a month, u wont feel like coming back.
Services are extremely good and also the rates are worth spending
Caring behaviour of staff....I want to be there again soon.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends