6 of us stayed in 3 double rooms.
1. Views from the restaurant
2. Views from the gym or recreation area
3. Spacious inside
4. Friendly staff
5. Tasty morning south indian breakfast
6. Good location
1. Most of the view through the room window was blocked by ugly protruding green tin roof.
2. Window doors could not be securely locked
3. Loo flush never worked in 2 of the 3 rooms. So, had to share the one that was working.
4. Some of the rooms do not have bedside switches to the lights.
5. Room floor too damp and sticky. Remember to carry indoor chapels.
6. Not enough pressure in the shower. Had to use the bucket and mug.
7. found earth worms in the bathroom and dirty.
8. Linens and towels could be cleaner.
9. On reporting some of the above issues, there was immediate response, but there was no apology. Especially the bloke who claimed to be the in charge was strangely still and unresponsive for any of these inconveniences. He simply implied silently that this is what you will get! May be he couldn't care less.
10. Dinner was not good and expensive for its quality.
Overall, will not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a luxurious property with 30 well equipped and spacious guest rooms and suites along with contemporary comforts for a modern traveller. All our rooms are done to the taste of colonial architecture since Munnar itself is a colonial hamlet of the English planters and also known as ‘Little London’. T&U is situated en-route to the major sightseeing places like Mattupetty, Echo point, Kundala and Topstation. It is just a couple of kilometres away from Munnar town and well connected with National Highway i.e, NH-49 (Kochi – Madurai). All our rooms enjoy the luxurious and magnificent view of lush tea garden and valley. Our open air lawn in our property can be the ideal place for a candlelight dinner, camp fire and a corporate get together. The state of the art Banquet Hall can accommodate 120 people on theatre style. Our fusion cuisine restaurant – ‘Top Station’ has the capacity to accommodate the taste of universal traveller, we fulfil the gourmet needs of Arabic, Chinese, Continental and Indian including Gujarati, Jain travellers along with South Indian specialties !! Our Recreation centre boasts of Pool table, Table tennis, Chess and Caroms. Our Kids Zone – children’s playing area especially for Kids in the Lawns. It includes swings, see-saw, carousel etc… Our Fitness centre has the state of the art equipments to keep our guests health fit. Swasthya - The Ayurveda centre will keep you rejuvenated throughout your stay with oil massages and treatment packages. Our Ayurvedic packages are unique and fusion in nature which is beyond explanation, but you experience it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your T&U Leisure Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- t And u Leisure Hotel
- t u Leisure Hotel