“perfect place for a perfect holiday”

Gruenberg Tea Plantation Haus
Ranked #15 of 198 Munnar B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 29, 2014

i visited munnar in march 14 and booked my stay at gruenberg tea haus after reading the reviews here in tripadvisor. the place is perfect for a getaway holiday, perched amongst serene tea plantations, away from the hustle bustle of munnar town. the staff is also excellant, specially mr anand, the manager, he somehow has the knack to take care of all your needs right from a pick up from the airport to arranging transport for local sightseeing and then again drop at the airport. i would not do justice to my review if i dont mention the food here... the open terrace dining area adds to the beauty and perfectly complements the tasty food which this place has to offer. the rooms are fantastic and cozy...you may not feel to go out only.... all in all it was a perfect holiday.... kudos to team gruenberg

Room Tip: this place has 5 rooms... try to book a room in the first and second floor for the view

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I was here in Jan. 2014 with a small group of photographers in 4 rooms. I'm not sure if I can really say anything that hasn't been said before. The location was wonderful, great views from all of the rooms and the rooftop restaurant. The rooms were perfect, spacious, well designed, comfortable King size beds, nice sheets, tons of pillows, wifi music system to hook up ipods and laptops, big flat screen TV (that was never turned on). Breakfast was excellent with western and Indian choices, lots of fresh fruit and fruit juices etc. We had a few of our evening meals here too, and I usually ordered off the menu for our group. The chef was very agreeable, and came up with some great home cooked meals for us. The entire staff was fabulous, and always extremely helpful.

Negatives? Nothing really, though I have to agree with some of the other reviews that mention the loud echos throughout the hall way. It would only take a few wall hangings to sort this out.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The hotel is surrounded with tea plantations which was an excellent view from the room.It's a very good place to relax from your busy schedule.Staff were very co-operative.Cycling experience was very good.The room was very Clean, hygienic and spacious.Rooftop terrace for meals was awesome.In one word a Wonderful stay to spend some time with your partner.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We loved our stay in this hotel, the staff were super helpful and the room was very nice. The staff arranged for trips and taxis and the rooftop terrace for meals was a total pleasure. Breakfast included in the rate was also excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 27, 2014

If you are looking for a calm and serene getaway from the daily hustle bustle of a city life and want to recharge your body and soul then this is the place to be.
Located in the midst of a tea estate, it is a very well maintained property. The rooms are spacious, clean and provide a wonderful view of the tea gardens. One set of window opens towards valley having different variety of trees and plants. The birds just love this area. Early morning, you hear nothing but the chirping of various types of birds. You can spot different species of birds here. (See Pic)
Other room amenities include standard things like TV, satellite channels etc. One different thing here is the bluetooth speakers.
Food is very good and is served fairly quickly. Portion size is very generous. We asked for a lot of dishes that were not on the menu; the chef prepared all of them for us. The restaurant provides a 360 degree view of the surroundings.
The staff is very helpful and courteous. Mr. Anand helped us with cab for sight seeing.
The location is a bit difficult to find so I would suggest you call Mr. Anand on mobile and let your driver speak to him.

Room Tip: We stayed at second floor as suggested by other reviewers. I think you will get best view from highe...
1  Thank bkemkar
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I went to Munnar for my honeymoon in mid February, 2014. After reading the reviews on Tripadvisor I finalized Gruenberg for my stay. I had been in touch with Sherin since October and talking to him was always pleasant, in fact he advised me on my overall Kerala trip. I even changed my schedule after paying the advance and Sherin reconfirmed my booking within five minutes, He's been very prompt in replying to my e-mails. I had booked Lorelei 207 for my stay, which I think is the most beautiful room of Gruenberg.
I stayed there for 3 days (Feb 17-19) and it was an awesome experience. Anand took very good care of us and arranged for beautiful flower decoration and a cake on our arrival, that was really nice. The highlight of the trip was the Candle light dinner arranged by him on the roof top restaurant (the terrace was decorated with lamps which we call Diyas).
The food at the restaurant is better than what you can get in outside restaurants and is made to order as per your requirements.
I really had a beautiful time and would definitely recommend to all my friends. I would recommend to all the guests to do the local travelling in Auto-rickshaws ( also called tuk tuk) instead of Cars and SUVs.

Thanks Sherin and Anand for making my trip memorable.

Room Tip: Lorelei 207 is the best
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I spent a very nice time at the Gruenberg Tea Plantation Haus 2 weeks ago ! We arrived late in the afternoon so we appreciated very much staying in such a peaceful and quiet atmosphere around the hotel with all the tea plantations that we could see from our huge room. Very relaxing moment with a nice walk with the manager before sunset, nice talk with a nice guy. As we were on a honeymoon trip, he had prepared some local red wine in our room, very nice attention indeed !!
The staff was very helpful, they care about customers needs and that is always appreciable.
We highly recommend this hotel if you travel to Munnar !!

1  Thank Annette60002