“Life threatening experience in silver leaf resort... very Horrible ......”
Review of Mist Land

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mist Land
Ranked #94 of 163 Specialty Lodging in Munnar
Chennai
“Life threatening experience in silver leaf resort... very Horrible ......”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Road to hotel - life threatening road i never seen a such a bad road in my travel experience and it took 1:30 hour to reach 7 kilo metes and gotta smoke and smell in my car's clutch plate as i changed gear that much time due to that bad road .
Car parking - only one car can park and your car need to be parked behind the first car ( Serially ) and you will be disturbed whenever first car need to be taken out and very very narrow way to car park and no one will come to help you to park ur car.
Dinner - it was around 9 PM and we were not much hungry as we had some snacks so thought to take light dinner but receptionist surprised me with the answer they wont give dinner if we are not ready to afford the cost for the buffet arranged by the hotel so i took my car and went to munnar town in the life threatening road again to get 10 idlys and had dinner at 11 PM .
Rooms - No drinking water, No TV , very small room .. i have booked 2 rooms for 5 pax . 2 in one room and 3 in other room with one bed extra .. but hotel refused to gimme one more bed and asked 400 rs extra .
Service - While taking dinner my dad got hiccups there was no drinking water and no intercom so i ran to reception and asked for drinking water he did not responded properly and i shouted he simply saying " i am busy in buffet arrangement for huge number of guest what can i do sir .. it will take some time to give water to your rooms " where my dad is hiccuping
very much frustrated with service and they treated us like we are staying there at free of cost .. i got very tensed and had a fight with manager and MD and every one asked sorry after all the things happened and they requested me not to write a bad review i told them i will not write bad review but i will write my experience what i had in that hotel . so its your choice to book rooms here after reading my experience .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

3 Thank Vinoth K

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were on a road trip and booked this resort for a nights stay. It was peak time of festive season of November. Their room charges were rocketing high. And the services were pathetically low. They were running their restaurant services by fetching food from 6 km away some road side stall.
We waited for 3-4 hours after ordering dinner and even after that they shamelessly eliminated some basic orders and added some on their own. They were not even sorry for this. D hell !!!
The tea stall and dhabas beside this resort were much more friendlier and better. We had awesome appam at that same tea stall in the morning.
Highly Avoidable.

Room Tip: Go for Homestays. They are much better than the so called resorts.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank vivek_enzo

Travelers are raving about these Munnar hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went in the first week of January 2013. The hotel is quite far from Munnar bus stand, around 6 kms. View from the restaurant of the hotel is very good and food is also good. Its in the midst of tea gardens, there are no shops nearby. For anything (even a medical shop) you will have to go Munnar town which is 6 kms away. I booked a cottage, which had a good view. Mist Land is a small hotel with few rooms, but during new year's eve everything was booked.

Room Tip: Book a honeymoon cottage, it has a good view of the tea gardens.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have booked this Hotel through Clear trip .. we wanted to go to Munnar to Celebrate New Year .. So we have booked almost 10 Days Earlier .. but after one week Clear trip people Have called me And told me that this Resort is not Available even After confirmation That I have got from them.. So I have directly Called MIst land Corresponding person and he told that rooms are available but a lil more Price he quoted that the money we have got from Clear trip , we thought It is Fine and we went to munnar ... But After reaching over there and After seeing the Rooms I really Felt bad that Why did I Call the Person Directly instead of that I would have booked Another Resort .. The Rooms were so disgusting... that corresponding person is so irresponsible ... we went there and we didn't like the rooms , so we have asked the person who showed us the Room [ Room Boy ] , he told that the Manager will come ... we have waited almost 30 mins over there , that Room boy told that the manger is in the resort but he is freshening up .. after 30 mins he came and the way he answered I didn't like at all. he is So Irresponsible he is not ready to convince also stating I'll provide another room like that ..Then There was some other resort near by , that owner came so we shifted to that resort .. Thankfully that resort is fine [ Carrot Resort ] and that owner and workers also very helpful.. I will never even Dare to book this Hotel..

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chennai
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hi, I am from Chennai.. we were 2 couples planned to spend our weekend just before Christmas (22-24 Dec) in Munnar.. Through Expedia we found this hotel has some good looking features so we booked the tickets.. we thought to confirm the hotel booking before starting.. in a website they gave number like ending in 1000,2000,3000.. we tried all those 3 numbers and after one hour of explanations form the Hotel they said the ticket is booked Finally. .. we have arranged a car from Theni to Munnar.. so we spent the first day in Theni.. before reaching the Hotel when we called. the Hotel Said that there are no rooms available.
Its been very Terrible experience with those people explaining that they confirmed our booking and once we are there then they are saying its not booked... Worst Experience ever on a vacation like that..
Luckily we had a very good cab driver and he is from Easy travels Theni.. He arranged Hotels for us with out any hesitation, if the driver was not there since there are no rooms in almost all the hotels.. we don't have a choice to return back.... Thanks a Lot to the Easy Travels Theni and the Driver Ram...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple