Pulimoottil Estate
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Munnar
See available hotels
Elixir Hills(Munnar)
Great 4.5/5
  • Restaurant
Excellent 5/5
Forest Glade(Pallivasal)
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsno network coveragewild elephantsamazing placefacilitiesnatureresorthospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a place that manages to create a WOW factor. We got a complete cottage to ourselves( 2 bedrooms) a big kitchen, sitout, dinning hall, large living hall with lcd tv and nice wooden tables on the outside to enjoy the view. The cottage also has a caretaker who makes tea / coffee when you want. You can lazily walk the estate and a nice small trek each time you want to visit the restaurant which is a tard far off from the cottages.

Rooms are well kept but the toilets could do with some uplift. I am discounting this part while giving my rating. You can order food to your cottage if you like and it comes hot.
Best part its really reasonable in costs terms

If you dont like to stay away from the main munnar town this place is not for you. It is a fair drive away from the main city but what can I say - the nature and view while driving to the place is awesome.

One thing I disliked about the kitchen was it had a lot of cockroaches in the cupboards...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ashutosh A
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I have stayed at a lot of places in Munnar and by far this is most calm, peaceful and beautiful place to stay in Munnar. All the other hotels and resorts are right in the middle of the city and so this provides a unique experience because of the location of the bungalows in the middle of the jungle. The rooms and the services offered are excellent for the price they are charging. A real value for money deal.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I narrowed down on this place because I wanted to relax for 4 nights away from the city life. The drive to this place is fantastic, undoubtedly. Unfortunately, the place did not live up to its expectations.

1. The cottages are pretty badly maintained. We were initially in a stone cottage that had bathrooms which were open on the top and sides, and one of the open spaces of the bathroom could not be closed, as the door was jammed. The doors were all glass, and the reception is just outside, which makes you very uncomfortable with the whole "open to the world" architecture of a bathroom.

2. Because of the above reason, we shifted to another cottage. Things got only worse here. The so called "butler" here, whom they advertise in all glory, was hopeless. She did not even know how to make tea for us. We got so fed up, that we asked her to just give us milk packets, so that we could make tea for ourselves !

3. On one of the days, they didn't have milk, so I did not even get my coffee in the morning !

4. The second cottage we shifted into was even worse. We could see cockroaches in the kitchen. And, on one of the nights, a squirrel came through our bathroom door and created a havoc in our room, and we lost our precious sleep after that !

5. Well, I'd not have complained so much about small things, had I stayed closer to the town. Here, there was no way we could go out for even a meal, and they expected us to order dinner post-breakfast ! They even expected us to tell them in advance how much milk we need for the night !

However, I have heard that the place is really good for relaxation (We probably just got unlucky with our bungalow / cottage) and for trekking to some waterfalls - which we missed. It is scenic, and we did sight some birds that we do not get to see in the city. Infact, Munnar itself made the place beautiful in my opinion.

Room Tip: If at all you choose to go there, select the Kottur bungalow. I saw it, as my sister in law stayed there for one day, and it looked better. If you have older people, I would not suggest the place, because moving between the restaurant and the bungalow is not possible, since the restaurant is situated in a wierd place, where you need to go via a small bridge, or via a slippery slope.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shenoyvans
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Location and surroundings are good. Total appearance and the customer care which we got was really good. The tea estates and spice plantation surrounding the area made that area opulent. Its really good place for a trip. About the budget, huh! its not that much cheap, money worth place. Their speciality which i felt was seperate villa for couple, family and group. The way to this place is really interesting.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We were 5 families from madurai,tamilnadu went to this estate. After a long search i got to know about this estate through trip advisor. First i thank trip advisor for helping me to find such nice places.
Pulimoottil estate alias Deep Wood Resort, it looks like a dense and deep forest. But actually it is surrounded by tea,coffee and spices plantation. This estate is about 8 km away from munnar town.
I had booked a four bedroom bunglow for my families. The bunglow is about 15 minutes walk from reception. we can go by our car or they take us with thier truck from reception. With my first look of my bunglow,where iam going to stay, i just fell in love. Beautifully constructed bunglow within dense trees, wow....Inside the bunglow there were four bedrooms, with a big hall and a kitchen. The general manager of the property alloted two care takers for us to take care of our needs. Since there is no network coverage, these care takers were very helpfull for us. If we need to have a call,we should go to reception,where there is landline connection. But no problem they take us in truck too and fro.
we opted for a full meal plan, they served food hot. Nothing to complain about food,it was tasty. They aranged what we ordered.
Atlast, the GM of this property Mr.Joy Sathyanesan, he is the man who made our holiday wonderfull. In this 3 days of my stay,i never heard the word 'NO' from his mouth. He arranged everything what we needed. we enjoyed true hospitality from this man as well as the staffs. hats off to this man.
If you wanna enjoy your holiday in munnar,far from madding crowd, in a forest type atmosphere where birds surrounds and sing with you and experience good hospitality, then this estate is place you should go......happy journey.

Room Tip: if you go with a big family,then four bedroom bungalow at the end of this property is best, dont miss it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family