“Best food of the trip!”
Review of Saravana Bhavan

Saravana Bhavan
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Munnar
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had ordered a meal (South Indian Thali). The food was simple and awesome. We had gone there since the place had got great reviews on trip advisor and Sarvana Bhavan is a known brand. The experience was great.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,573)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

During my recent vacation in Munnar, I had my lunch with my family here. The food - Ponni rice meal was very good in terms of taste and quality. Specially the rasam and butter milk.
Good food and price too.

Highly recommended for people want to have South Indian Veg meals.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel is pure vegetarian which serves food is tasty and healthy. Car parking is limited which you may have to adjust by parking on main road side

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Its clean, tasty and really very fast. I had my Kerala thali, by husband who does not venture to try anything outside his comfort zone paneer/alu paratha.dal tadka was enticed by it too grudgingly declared the South Indian fare was better than his regular sabzi fare. So yes at the end of it we had a guy at least willing to try things other than his own. The chutnies, service, food, location everything is great.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I have had great experiences in Saravan Bhavan before in different cities and based on positive reviews, had similar expectations in Munnar as well. It was a terrible experience. It was the worst food I ate on my trip and even the service was terrible.
Non-Indians may like the fact that food is served on banana leaf etc but for Indians the taste of the food is crap.

1  Thank JainTraveller