“Excellent place to stay”

Green Ridge Holiday Home
Ranked #65 of 95 Hotels in Munnar
chennai
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed in Green Ridge for 5 nights! The room is spacious , neat and tidy with all required facilities and we got hot water all over the day. Hotel staff Mr.Suresh and others are very courteous and well mannered. They helped us in all aspects and room service was very quick. They offer very nice break-fast which we could not get in outside . Hotel location is also very good. Our son liked this hotel very much for the food and neatness. Hotel owner was friendly and gave us good guidance for site seeing.Over all we had a very good time there. The hotel is affordable and value for money. This is the second time we stayed in this hotel.They are maintaining food quality and room facilities consistently.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Vaidheeswaran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
Delhi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Warning: Please don't spoil your holiday by choosing this hotel to stay in.
The staff is discourteous, very ill mannered and untrained as it seemed especially Mr Aru! They would even over bill things in the final bill! The rooms are unhygienic and you would even see dirt at places and even spider webs. Also the food was as bad as this place itself.
I would generally not write a review but feel like sharing my experience about this hotel so no one else "suffers" the way we did. This was the only "black spot" in our otherwise super amazing trip to Kerala. This place is a big NO NO! I wish I could request the Kerala government to ban this filthy place full of crooks!

P.S: If you happen to read any good review about this hotel be sure that has to be a paid review!

Room Tip: Just avoid this hotel and you will be good!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Sapna99
, Owner at Green Ridge Holiday Home, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Sir,
Two things I want to put forward from this review posted on April 5 by Sapna99 from Delhi, ie. 1st statement " They would even over bill things in the final bill!". If Guest spoils any items in the room we will charge at the time of Check Out, because for Direct Entry Guest, we will take only Room rent at the of Check In. There is no practice of final settlement of Room rent and other food Bills at the time of Check Out. So there is no chance of over billing. 2nd statement says " Good review about this Hotel is a Paid review" this have to find out by Tripadvisor and as I am the owner, I am proud to say that from 01st Jan'13 to 31st March'13 near to 90% of the rooms are occupied through out the days.

Travelers are raving about these Munnar hotels

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two day in the end of march 2013. It is good hotel. Before selecting this hotel I had visited almost all the hotels in munnar. They have offered me very good deal of Rs 2000 for standard room as it costs Rs 2900 per night. It is worth of Rs 2000 as it has very neat and clean room, hot water 24 hours, LCD TV and breakfast complimentary.

Room Tip: Bargain to the hotel staff. It is worth of max Rs 2500. No vision from balcony as both side another...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nath2232in
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hi All,

To be honest, I was quite confused after reading the negative feedbacks for Green Ridge Holiday Home but I took a change. I’m really delightful, that I choose Green Ridge. I had a friendly and best customer service at reception, restaurant and coffee bar at all time in my 3D/2N stay. The travel desk planned and arranged my local trips to make sure I don’t waste my time in just planning and travelling but to have a peaceful trip with my partner.

I’m a quality lead at an MNC and very keen on quality service. Believe me guys; Green Ridge Home is one Quality Place to stay if you are honeymooning…..

Best rooms, Best restaurant, Best service. Best thing is, even after paying the bill, I still get a royal treatment to assist me with my return which was tremendously good experience at Munnar.

I definitely recommend “Green Ridge Holiday Home” for the people who believe in best quality service.

Regards,
Karthikeyan

Room Tip: "All rooms are clean, quite and peaceful...."
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Karthikeraj
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Positives:
1. Good locality
2. Cleanliness
3. Hotel staffs are kind and pleasing. They dont expect any tips at all.
4. Complimentary buffet breakfast tastes good.
5. Both hotel and restaurant ambience

Negatives:
1. Constant noise by staffs outside the rooms. They are discussing which was disturbing our sleep inside the room.
2. A double bed is formed by combining two single bed which is pathetic and affects the quality of sleep. They could have given a double bed.
3. Restaurant service is worse. They keep us waiting. Only few staffs are there. Can be improved.
4. Few items are pretty costly in the restaurant though few other items are normal.

Room Tip: Don't go for corner rooms. I stayed in Room # 208 which was pretty noisy since it was close to s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sathish_2013
Chennai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

A budget hotel located on the main road. Rooms are good, but the restaurant was not upto the mark. The room service was also bad and looks like the staff were not experienced. Luckily there was a restaurant just opposite to this hotel and Saravana Bhavan a kilometer from this hotel. But I would recommend this for a safe stay particularly when you are travelling with a family and for elderly people.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Srinath316
Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

A good value for money hotel in munnar.. its in the main road, but most of the hotels were in the same road only.. grate breakfast but avoid dinner..the service is excellent...grate hotel for honey mooners and families..clean rooms.. really worth for money...And the owner Saju is the most reliable person in munnar..I have done lot of R&D before choosing the hotel.. but this person make our stay memorable...we have arranged house boat in allapey and taxi for sight seeing through him only.. He not even given us a single chance to bargain....Every think is in rock bottom prices.. and best options..

Room Tip: Chose executive rooms in top floors....
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple