I was here for 2 days on 17th and 18th April-2014.
1) Rooms and location are clean.
2) Room service is quick and prompt.
3) Staff ,especially reception is very courteous.Not just that ,they kept my luggage on request for 4 hours after checkout which I collected later when I left Munnar.
4) Super hot water all the time in bathroom.
1) Furniture in the room and the bathroom(door) are a little old.
2) Dinner option in the restaurant is only limited to buffet that too over priced at Rs 400 per person.No ala carte menu.After whole day sight seeing and eating frequently through the day,I don't think anyone would have capacity to digest the buffet.Ala carte menu would definitely attract more cutomers.
We ventured out on both days for dinner.We had dinner at the restaurant at Archana residency(adjacent to Grand Plaza) and surprisingly the food was delicious(We only had North indian).Next day we went to Hotel Annapoorna(Veg Restaurant) less than a kilometer from Grand Plaza.(Its below the Red Sparrow Hotel)
3) Room Service: Please don't order veg sandwich/club sandwich,they are horrible.Even if you do,don't dare to taste the tomato sauce,Onion pakoda was very tasty though.
4) No daily newspaper
5) Head Massage/Body massage etc are really expensive(Just to give an idea, 15 min Head Massage costs Rs 400).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Plaza Munnar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Plaza Munnar Hotel Munnar