“Stay At Emmel Dwellings”
Review of Emmel Dwellings

and 1 more site!
Emmel Dwellings
Ranked #34 of 108 Hotels in Munnar
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from Jan 11th to 13th. Hotel service is good. Hotel is very clean and neatly maintained. Room size is small but good enough for 2 people. Pure veg restaurant is attached to it which is good and clean. Location is near to town . Over all nice hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night with my family and we booked 3 rooms in total. Rooms are clean but small for family. There is no space for extra bed so I don't know why do they charge for that. Apart from this location is good and service is pretty good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This hotel was very nice and beautiful i think it has just been renovated recently , it was in the middle of the town near to the market and restaurants. Also they have there own restaurant food was also good. Staff was very helpful.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night and booked high value hotel for 2nd night by paying approx 4 times the cost i paid for this hotel, but after staying in this hotel i felt i wish i could have booked this hotel for my 2 night trip. The rooms are very clean and the hotel staff is very friendly. This hotel is in the heart of city and all basic needs are available with in a walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed in this hotel with my wife and daughter from 13-15 Dec 2012. All the staff are very good and particularly Mr. Johnson who helped me a lot to solve all my problems there. Food from their restaurant is also very tasty and delicious. The people there are very helpful and not at all exploitative. The room was clean and good though little bit small but good value for money. I only advice the hotel that whenever they supply morning tea in the room, they should use flask because all the time I asked for tea, it was cold. This suggestion had been rightly accepted by Mr. Johnson. I will definitely stay in that hotel during my next visit.

Room Tip: Room No. 103 is small.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The hotel is situated opposit to KTDC Tea County. The rooms are very small and even for a couple there is hardly any room to move within the room. The hotel is clearly charging more than it should for a room of this size. I stayed in a different hotel nearby Emmel in a bigger room at half the price that I paid there. I reached Munnar on 1st December 2012 and I had a prior booking at the hotel. Ours was a Deluxe room but it was too small even for 2. The room was clean though and staff was well behaved. They have a restaurant away from the hotel but it is of no use since there are umptin number of good places to eat in Munnar. Hotel Guru close to the hotel served excellent food ( both south-indian and north-indian cuisine) . Unless any emergency I will not recommend it.

Room Tip: not recommended
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2012

It is a good budget hotel conveniently located close to the main market just opposite KTDC Tea County. The rooms are quite small but comfortable for two persons. We were three and it became a bit difficult for us to move around in the room. They have basically two types of rooms - standard and deluxe. We stayed in a deluxe room. Their deluxe rooms are only slightly bigger than their standard rooms.They also have one family room which is basically two rooms joined together. The hotel and rooms are clean but we did find a few cockroaches in our room. That was the only irritant during our four nights stay at this hotel. The staff is courteous and the manager is very helpful. The hotel has their own taxis/vehicles. We hired their taxi for three days of sightseeing in Munnar and for dropping us at Kochi. They have opened a new restaurant on the ground floor but we didn't like the food. Luckily there are quite a few good vegetarian and non-vegetarian restaurants near this hotel, so food was never a problem. Overall, we did enjoy the stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends