“Yes, Five Stars”
Review of Royal Mist

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munnar
Royal Mist
Ranked #1 of 181 Munnar B&B and Inns
Toms River, New Jersey
“Yes, Five Stars”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My daughter and I just returned from 2 weeks in Kerala. Our Royal Mist home stay with Jeeva and Anil and their sweet helper, Alphonsa, was just lovely. These are truly warm people, folks: welcoming from the soul. I had made an error with my booking dates, but the family still managed to accommodate us with every amenity. The room itself was immaculate and very comfortably appointed, meals were very nice and served on the restful veranda just outside the guest rooms. Attention has been paid to every small detail at this handsome home stay, which is a short walk from a stunning tea plantation and spice farm. Anil walked us all around, giving us the benefit of his extensive knowledge of the history, culture and topography of the area. My daughter was fascinated with the gorgeous flowering plants and fruit trees that Jeeva has planted all around the Royal Mist property. We asked a million questions, and I don't believe Anil ever lost his warm smile, or happy persona for one minute of our interaction. Jeeva was the same, always checking for our comfort and happy to accommodate our wishes any way possible. We had come with a driver and car, so all of Munnar's attractions were very accessible. Being closer to Munnar proper would not have been an advantage, as we would have missed the chance to experience some genuine Kerala hospitality.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bkschulman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Munnar is my favorite place I have visited during my month long trip in India. Royal Mist definitly made my experience wonderful. I don't know where to start... First of all I have to say Anil and Jeeva (the hosts) are probably the kindest and most genuine people I have met in my life. They always granted our wishes and made sure we felt like we were at home. They were super informative and recommended us activites to do during our stay. We got complimentary tea, water bottles, cookies, fruits, etc. The food was wonderful (choice of vedge or non vedge) and there were always fresh fruits for dessert. We actually ate breakfast and dinner there during our whole stay in Munnar.
The room was neat and comfortable. I loved the outdoors dining area. Perfect place to end the day with a cup of tea.
Do not look elsewhere, Royal Mist is the place to be.
(How poetic am I?)
Definitly go on the long 4h trek in the mountains recommended by Anil. The views are absolutely breathtaking.
I could go on and on and on....

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bellepham
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This home stay is completely flawless. Anil and Jeeva are incredible, cheery people for whom nothing is ever too much trouble. It felt like staying with friends. After a 5 hour bus ride to the location, they ensured we made it to the location with numerous phone calls back and forth. When we arrived they fed us delicious cookies and the fresh tea was flowing our entire stay. The breakfasts were HUGE - and the dinners requested were always fresh and delicious.Anil took us walking through the tea plantations, and showed us everything from coffee beans to bananas in their natural state. They recommended an excellent tea making tour, and after everything we did they would be waiting with cookies and tea. We would sit around and chat about the day, ourselves and the area of Munnar. The place itself was beautiful and comfortable - from a lovely hot shower to beautiful bed sheets. My partner and I were truly sad to leave this amazing place!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Danielle B
Brightlingsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in many homestays throughout India this one most definitely ranks as one of the very best. Fantastic food and hospitality made our stay very memorable. The treks in the surrounding countryside is a must. Thank you Anil and Jeeva we will return. ps the mango pickle was a 10 out of 10.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed in Royal Mist for 3 nights during Easter. From the moment we arrived, we were warmly welcomed by Anil & Jeeva. They are without doubt the best hosts I've ever stayed with. The rooms are clean and cozy. The bathrooms and showers are very nice. The food is excellent, and Anil & Jeeva are very flexible with regards to dinner time, special food wishes, level of spicyness etc.
Anil helped us with arranging a very nice hike on the ridge of one of the mountains overlooking Munnar, and he also took us for a short walk around the guesthouse.
I would recommend everyone to stay with Anil & Jeeva. The service is the best I've ever experienced!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have stayed with Anil and his wife on 3 or 4 occasions, the latest during the fall of 2013. After arriving at the homestay, you are always greeted warmly and Anil will usually chat with you about him and his family and be genuinely interested in your background and experiences as well. There are three rooms in the homestay, all on the upper level with a balcony outside as a common area/dinner area. Most of the times I have been there we have been the only ones at the homestay that night (as we were usually traveling during off-peak tourist season) and had a very relaxing experience.

The food that is prepared by Anil's wife and cook/housekeeper is out of this world. For a small extra fee they will prepare dinner for you (and arrange for beer or wine as well at your cost, but the convenience of not having to worry about it is excellent) and then breakfast is included.

If traveling with friends or as a couple, the balcony can be a great place to just sit and take in nature. We have taken a guitar along in the past and played on the balcony well into the night amidst deep philosophical discussion.

The morning sunrise is something not to be missed as the the light of day infiltrates the tree carpeted valley you overlook. Only in Wayanad (Northern Kerala) and on Diamond Head volcano in Hawaii have I experienced such breathtaking beauty with the morning sunrise.

All in all I would recommend Anil's homestay in a heartbeat and hope that you will consider his homestay in the future as well.

Room Tip: There is one room situated by itself and two rooms that share a common entrance into a small foyer a...